F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Has anyone done more testing on the f150 intake stock or ported I got a deal on 90.00 shipped might buy it
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Never seen a ported one yet and on a plastic mani it's useless in my opinion.

Reactions: A7X

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Has anyone done more testing on the f150 intake stock or ported I got a deal on 90.00 shipped might buy it
While I would not fault you for trying this out; however, I would not choose to do it because from what I have seen with the '18up GT intake manifold, when they are ported they are yielding a 5-7 HP gain over stock in the very top of the RPM band which is not where the F-150 manifold shines. Unless you are racing and looking for that last few hundredths of seconds off your 1/4 time..., you are never going to feel or notice an increase of 5-7 HP at 7,000+ RPM.

As well, the cost of porting any of these manifolds (GT/GT350/BOSS/F-150/CJ) is in the neighborhood of $200, not including round-trip shipping.

You'd be much better off spending that $$$ on suspension upgrades, the first of which would be rear subframe braces. Or putting that $$$ towards an E85 or Flex-Fuel tune.

If your car is strictly a STREET car, I highly, highly recommend the F-150 intake manifold, but keep it stock. You can thank me (and Mustang_Lou) later...:like:

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
While I would not fault you for trying this out; however, I would not choose to do it because from what I have seen with the '18up GT intake manifold, when they are ported they are yielding a 5-7 HP gain over stock in the very top of the RPM band which is not where the F-150 manifold shines. Unless you are racing and looking for that last few hundredths of seconds off your 1/4 time..., you are never going to feel or notice an increase of 5-7 HP at 7,000+ RPM.

As well, the cost of porting any of these manifolds (GT/GT350/BOSS/F-150/CJ) is in the neighborhood of $200, not including round-trip shipping.

You'd be much better off spending that $$$ on suspension upgrades, the first of which would be rear subframe braces. Or putting that $$$ towards an E85 or Flex-Fuel tune.

If your car is strictly a STREET car, I highly, highly recommend the F-150 intake manifold, but keep it stock. You can thank me (and Mustang_Lou) later...:like:
My plan is to run the f150 intake along with e85 I'm just a street car no track

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Got the f150 intake installed today. All I can say is I love it. It wasn't to bad to install the clips were a pain. But overall the car drives a lot better yes I'm tuned with a airaid cai. I did some driving in town and interstate the car drives better all around. And wot the mid range hit and top end is still there I have my shift points at 7000 no power lost it pulls like a V8 should

Sponsored

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I broke 2 of retainer clips on my cai what replacements can I use

Remy_reign

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
REMY
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Base
So the bottom line on this intake, it's good for the street, maybe light to light pulls and highway pulls. But it doesn't have a strong pull at high rpm that the stock or 18+ intake has

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So the bottom line on this intake, it's good for the street, maybe light to light pulls and highway pulls. But it doesn't have a strong pull at high rpm that the stock or 18+ intake has
Yes. It's a truck intake. For truck things.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Again this is a good intake for a street car as mentioned many times in this thread this is not a comparison to the 18 manifold or others as they all have there place. My experience being a A6 3.15 car I love The way the car drives it still makes power and

pulls hard north of 6000 rpm I set my shifts at 6800 using hp tuner. Again if drag racing no its not what you want. There are dyno numbers in this thread that show it makes power past 6000 but 7000 rpms on all other intakes rule

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yes. It's a truck intake, but it is also a great intake for Mustang GT owners wanting more torque out of their engine in the RPM band where they spend 99.99998 percent of their driving time.
Fixed it for you.

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Just put on my whipple, about to sell my f150 intake I had on my car for $150. I enjoyed while I had it.

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
I port manifolds for the Ford 3.5/3.7 transverse and 3.7 Mustang community on the side and dabble porting the occasional Mustang GT, Cobra Jet and Boss 302 manifolds.

I swapped out a ported (by me) Cobra Jet manifold to a 18 F150 5.0 manifold on to my friends bolt on, tuned 11-14 GT. He liked the 18 F150 manifold so much he sold his CJ and CJ TB. Said he found all the torque he had lost on the bottom end and midrange with the swap.

Peps need to understand that putting all drag racing stuff on a car doesn’t equate into a more fun street car. Just depends on what your going to REALLY use the car for.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
E85 tune coming next
I port manifolds for the Ford 3.5/3.7 transverse and 3.7 Mustang community on the side and dabble porting the occasional Mustang GT, Cobra Jet and Boss 302 manifolds.

I swapped out a ported (by me) Cobra Jet manifold to a 18 F150 5.0 manifold on to my friends bolt on, tuned 11-14 GT. He liked the 18 F150 manifold so much he sold his CJ and CJ TB. Said he found all the torque he had lost on the bottom end and midrange with the swap.

Peps need to understand that putting all drag racing stuff on a car doesn’t equate into a more fun street car. Just depends on what your going to REALLY use the car for.
Did you port the 18 f150. I agree all of don't drag race don't know why they don't understand

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Proof meets pudding

Perfect, low-cost combo for any STREET Mustang GT that the owner can easily do in their driveway...

1. F-150 intake manifold
2. MAK cat-deletes
3. E85 tune

$1,000 +/-
Sponsored