Sponsored

Exhaust options

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Jord, I dont think there is any plan for an H pipe version as we regard the X pipe as the optimal performance answer and that is Steeda focus generally...

I dont know specifics about muffler internal design..... I can ask though....
Don’t worry about it, think I’ll stick with my current set up for now. Was interested in the streeda axle back along with the H-pipe but I want to avoid cutting the original. Been told conflicting accounts about whether this is a ‘back to back’ fitting or not, but it looks like from the pictures that same section of mid pipe would have to be added.

Thanks for the advice though!
Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Don’t worry about it, think I’ll stick with my current set up for now. Was interested in the streeda axle back along with the H-pipe but I want to avoid cutting the original. Been told conflicting accounts about whether this is a ‘back to back’ fitting or not, but it looks like from the pictures that same section of mid pipe would have to be added.

Thanks for the advice though!
Out of interest why do you care about cutting the original? There is a 1000 removed original exhausts lying around as so many people have fitted catbacks.... So replacement should you ever need one (and why would you?) is no issue...

Also if you want a no cut system, then a catback is the answer.....

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Borla Atak catback with H pipe. Sound byte here >
At first I thought it was great but after about 1 year I think it's a little bit too loud ... unless I'm pulling in or out of a car meet :like:
Some days I think about switching to the S type.

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
To answer a couple of the above questions, I went with the Chrome tips because the car has silver wheels and window frame.
The exhaust was only Installed this morning and I’m told it will ‘bed in’ and change tone slightly. However, once I hit a steady cruising speed on the way home, there was no drone. Also less rasp than I was expecting from an X pipe. it sounds more muscle car than Euro racer. Definitely in the middle ground....Not mild, not wild!
Will be interesting to see if the MPG changes on my regular run down to Poole.
Great choice, I've had mine for two years now and was the 'X' pipe version, and am very happy.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
How do you know when you're very happy and not just happy?

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Roush axle backs are good had them before I changed to ford performance quad tip by Borla with xpipe you wont be disappointed with roush

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
While recently viewing a Shelby GT500 video, I noticed what appears to be Ford's replacement for the standard centre resonator??

GT500%20exhaust%20resonators%20with%20X%20pipe_zps2oikm0gr.jpg

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Out of interest why do you care about cutting the original? There is a 1000 removed original exhausts lying around as so many people have fitted catbacks.... So replacement should you ever need one (and why would you?) is no issue...

Also if you want a no cut system, then a catback is the answer.....
Just for convenience really. If I wanted to go back to stock (i.e when returning a financed car to dealer) it’s handy for me to have the original part in my garage as I can easily change it myself. Though there are plenty of used stock exhausts available, even if they are given away, I don’t have the means to transport one.

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
I do the same. Keep all the original parts from my car and bike mods...”just in case!”

Anyway, with regards to my exhaust question that started this thread, the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Cat Back has bedded in brilliantly and I love it. Definitely less raspy after a few hundred miles. Perfect balance of roar and rumble without totally annoying the neighbours. Quiet while cruising at a steady pace on the motorway, but the second I touch the throttle, the magic reappears!

If anyone’s considering this system, I would say the video review by C J Pony Parts is an accurate portrayal.

Cheers
David

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Nemesis hooked me up with the Borla Touring Cat Back - I highly recomend this system. Lovely deep burble with no rasp or drone

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Just for convenience really. If I wanted to go back to stock (i.e when returning a financed car to dealer) it’s handy for me to have the original part in my garage as I can easily change it myself. Though there are plenty of used stock exhausts available, even if they are given away, I don’t have the means to transport one.
Its fairly simple to pop along to a local dealer like Motorsport and Performance (near Batley) and grab stock system from them and get them to swap it on, and then take back your system to sell it....
I get your point though, but in my opinion its an easy issue to fix.

I mean you could even "pre sell" your system and then swap it for the stock system from the buyer.... :like:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its fairly simple to pop along to a local dealer like Motorsport and Performance (near Batley) and grab stock system from them and get them to swap it on
Free of charge?

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just pulled the trigger on a Borla ATAK with active and black carbon tips.
can't wait to get that fitted and nice to know I can add the resonator later if it turns out to be too much even in quiet mode.
Sponsored