Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looks like both of those Jason’s won’t be attending any Ford media drives any time soon- Ford is aware of this post and are PISSED to say the least.

Why is there always a 30 mph headwind?

And really, with a DCT and launch control, how much will the driver be able to improve things?

DA is obviously a factor.

I’m still hoping for mid 10s in good air, we will see.
DA today was OVER 4000ft and Ford engineers insist on letting the cars sit and idle between runs and driver swaps- so draw your own conclusions on inlet air temps at the time of the runs.

And for the record- the cars used at the strip were all base cars on the 4s tires.

That’s all I can safely say at this time.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Applicable. Yes, there's always skill involved but any idiot can go very, very fast in a 911 turbo S or GT-R. We’ll see if Ford did a good job with the launch control and DCT integration.
fast-fast-car-driver-get-you-a-carr-that-can-16092749~3.png
FB_IMG_1568058570518.jpg

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Does it really matter regarding Dodge sales if all of the 2020 GT500 sold out, many for an ADM ?

So we should be proud Ford hung this piece of meat over our heads forever and underdelivered?

I'm sorry, but Ford has been screwing us true car fans over ever since the 2014 GT500 left the building, I've raced Mustangs since the mid 80s and have bought nothing but them since 1988, but this whole thing is a piss in the face to anyone that has been seriously into Mustangs for anymore than the past 10 years

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
So we should be proud Ford hung this piece of meat over our heads forever and underdelivered?

I'm sorry, but Ford has been screwing us true car fans over ever since the 2014 GT500 left the building, I've raced Mustangs since the mid 80s and have bought nothing but them since 1988, but this whole thing is a piss in the face to anyone that has been seriously into Mustangs for anymore than the past 10 years
You can get a new Camaro real cheap right now. Just sayin.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Sigh.......Well in-between the crazy stuff, some good reading.
Also P.O.O.R. does mean "Priced out of range" it's a old gun(weapon) term, you see it all the time in gun(weapon) forums. Also it's to get a rise out of people who truly do not know the meaning and usually show ignorance in replying. Not saying anything about anyone, but it is what it is.

Tuesday will be a great day ! Hoping to see some great info and some good driving. Will not be long before we get a chance to Randy behind this beast on the track.

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
You can get a new Camaro real cheap right now. Just sayin.

I'm a car guy, not always out to own the latest and greatest, I build those on my own, just wondering the bizzare logic of Ford Performance, maybe they need some TRT?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm a car guy, not always out to own the latest and greatest, I build those on my own, just wondering the bizzare logic of Ford Performance, maybe they need some TRT?
I understand. And honestly I agree with you. About how hard Ford has stepped on their dicks. With how they’ve handled the GT500 and the Bronco. I’ve even made the same comments right in this section. That you’re making now. But we can only beat a dead horse so long. The car is here now. I’m excited to see what it does. The folks with orders in. Are probably giddy right now. And I don’t want to f$&k things up for them with A ton of negative posts. As a car guy. Look at the cool shit that we were just blessed with. The most powerful Mustang ever built. And a mid engine Corvette. Within two months of each other.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Good, bad or ugly whatever stats come out on Tuesday this will be the best performing mustang built to date. I have owned and driven mustangs since the fox bodies in the 80s and it is amazing how much Mustangs have improved over the years. I bought a CFTP mustang and at over 100k it is very expensive for a mustang but I feel that I am getting a lot for my money. It doesn’t have to put run a hell cat on the drag strip or beat the ZL1 on the track for me because I am not a racer and just a mustang enthusiast who wants the best mustang built to date. I wish you all the best with whatever car you have or decide to buy.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT

I've been racing Mustangs since the mid 80's too and "this whole thing" hasn't bothered me in the slightest. If when your not on a car forum looking for something to argue about the GT500 rollout even crosses your mind your life needs serious attention from you.

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
I understand. And honestly I agree with you. About how hard Ford has stepped on their dicks. With how they’ve handled the GT500 and the Bronco. I’ve even made the same comments right in this section. That you’re making now. But we can only beat a dead horse so long. The car is here now. I’m excited to see what it does. The folks with orders in. Are probably giddy right now. And I don’t want to f$&k things up for them with A ton of negative posts. As a car guy. Look at the cool shit that we were just blessed with. The most powerful Mustang ever built. And a mid engine Corvette. Within two months of each other.

I hear ya, I've just skim over a couple threads here now and then, hoping for anything for almost 2 years now lol. I guess the current waiting buyers are a bit sensitive and susceptible to butthurt very easy, but yes this is a badass car, cannot wait to see some real #s

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
in the mean time check out Dodge's Black cat video (Black Hellcat) for Halloween. It's what Ford is lacking. Not that I need a drift video to entice me to buy a car but if you build a "halo" car - promote it and help your overall brand. What happened to the Ford Performance clip with all of the cars in Ford Performance Blue going around a track?

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
in the mean time check out Dodge's Black cat video (Black Hellcat) for Halloween. It's what Ford is lacking. Not that I need a drift video to entice me to buy a car but if you build a "halo" car - promote it and help your overall brand. What happened to the Ford Performance clip with all of the cars in Ford Performance Blue going around a track?
Exactly and it would help if they had a competent CEO!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So someone commented (that attended this event) that the CFTP cars have a more aggressive shift strategy than the Base cars - direct from Ford. I hope someone inquired as to whether a Base car can be reflashed using the factory CFTP files given that the hardware between the two is identical (for the transmission anyway).

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So someone commented (that attended this event) that the CFTP cars have a more aggressive shift strategy than the Base cars - direct from Ford. I hope someone inquired as to whether a Base car can be reflashed using the factory CFTP files given that the hardware between the two is identical (for the transmission anyway).
Can we assume that the Track Pack cars and the base have he same transmission/upgrades?

Ford has a clear definition for what it label Track Pack or Track Capable. I would expect the base car will have differences beyond aero, wheels, and cooling.
Sponsored