Sponsored

PP1 folks - What Size Snow Tires Are You Running?

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
Looking to order snow tires for my Bullitt, and as I have those big Brembos up front, nothing less then 19s will fit. On top of that, the idea of running 275's in the back in Canada seems less then the ideal solution.

So what are you guys running, and how well have they worked? Any prefererance on snow tires too? I ran Blizzak WS80s on my Challenger, and it was fantastic. A couple of bags of sand in the trunk and it was like driving a Jeep.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I respect you guys for running cars like this in the snow.

I had a G37S coupe for a bit that was pretty modded and I tried driving it in the snow with Blizzaks the first winter after buying it.

That lasted about 2 months before I put it in the garage for the winter and literally went and bought a old Subaru Impreza as a daily lol. Just wasn't worth the hassle of trying to daily a RWD sports car in the snow.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Winters up here are stupid. the pot holes after the plows destroy the road are bad enough on their own. So I don't. I drive a beater and put snow tires on it. I got General Altimax artic 12's. Cost $100 and are fantastic but they don't come in 19's.

Look at Cooper Evolution Winter

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/cooper/evolution-winter/p/style/711799

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I was running 255/40/R19 square(Nokian Hakka R2s) on the OEM PP1 wheels
These are absolutely worth their weight in GOLD!

Ive run Nokians on 2 S550s through 3 North Dakota winters.

IMO there is no winter tire available than the Nokians

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Anyone running the Pirelli winter Sottozero's in 255/40R19 and 275/40R19 ?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Please forgive me in that I do not recall the width of your front and rear rims. That said, this chart will give you an idea what sizes will fit. It is always better to run narrower tires if they are to handle snowy conditions. Assuming you have 9 up front and 9.5 in the back, you could put 255 all around. I believe on the regular GT, they recommend a 235 for winters. Please put the tire data into a tire calc, like this one : https://www.tire-size-calculator.info/, to keep the diameters the same or at least within 3%. This way you will minimize speedo inaccuracies.

Tire Width to Rim Width chart.jpg

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Remember, from what I have read, the tire contact patch area will not change. That is dependent on tire pressure and vehicle weight. Going to a wider or narrower tire only changes the shape of that patch. The number of square inches of contact stays the same. You could increase the tire pressure to reduce the contact patch in winter trying to increase the force of the tire on the snow so it will sink into the snow instead of 'snowshoeing' over it. This is why they prefer narrower tires in winter to cut into the snow better. Some will also add weight over the rear axle to help with traction. Just be carefult you do not add too much because it will also move your Cg back making for a less stable car.

I have also heard in my searched for PP2 winter tires that they recommend going 1" or 2" narrower than stock tires. 1" ~ 25.4mm of tire with. So if you have 275 out back, you would look at 250 or 255 for one inch narrower or 235 for 2 inches narrower. Do not forget to increase the series to compensate for the narrower tire. If you have a 40, you might jump to a 45 or 50 or 55 series with the narrower tire on the stock rims.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I suggest running 255/40/19 all around. That’s what I’m running in London, Ontario. Toyo observe GSi-6 HP. I’ve run blizzaks before but found longevity to be an issue with them. Here’s hoping the Toyo’s fair well :)
Sponsored