Jcards

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to go for a more agressive look. The bullet style still has the thick mesh. I've never seen any other car the way I've imagined so I'm trying to gauge all the variables I have not accounted for and removing the grille is a huge part. If no one has pictures or videos of removing the grilles with good views of the tabs I'm going to fabricate a piece to cover the tabs and hold a very fine mesh across the opening.

Ona side note I'm an engineer and understand the material properties of crappy plastic bumpers compared to old steel bodies. I will be fabricating the splitter and canards myself along with supports for the bumper to transfer the force to the chassis properly. I have 3d models of the parts but am holding off on getting the dxf parts laser cut and welded.
Sponsored

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i have the older front end but i cut the factory mesh out and glued on some small mesh pieces. got the mesh from custom car grilles on ebay. i like the way it turned out.
PSX_20190714_173933.jpg

OP
OP
Jcards

Jcards

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
i have the older front end but i cut the factory mesh out and glued on some small mesh pieces. got the mesh from custom car grilles on ebay. i like the way it turned out.
PSX_20190714_173933.jpg
You still have the grille in. I mean the whole grille, mesh(honeycomb) and frame.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't really look bad but you still have some guard at least and shows some actual structure. Have you considered additional venting of your hood? I'd imagine you're at some type of front aero lift/disadvantage currently.
I have cut open the stock vents in the hood to give me significantly more flow, but I do plan on some Trackspec vents as well... just all the play money is going into the new project car I bought a couple months ago as well as the truck I just bought the other day lol

I also plan to route the added vents in the lower grille to brake ducts, but again, gotta stop spending money on additional vehicles first

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, from the item posted above, see how in this area the inner edges are kind of ragged:

upload_2019-10-24_16-56-30.png
Yeah, they are ragged from the factory. That's what the outer edges of the grille cover up. If you remove the whole thing, you will see all the mounting tabs and molding marks. Looks worse than having a grille.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm curious to see if anyone has done a complete grille delete?. What I mean is remove both grills and remount the bumper cover as is. I'm curious about trying this since I'm not a fan of the grill deletes out there.
You can id just recommend adding some chicken wire and plastidip it black. To protect your radiator from rocks from random semis...

At The end of the day its still a car function /form

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
PSX_20190714_173933.jpg
Gorgeous car man

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Correct complete removal. I can never tell how it looks on the videos of installs though since they always skip to the new grille being in place. I wanted to know if anyone has tried or has any pictures.
Just do it and see if u like it. Takes 30 mins to remove the bumper. The hardest part is the 7mm screw in the wheel well

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just do it and see if u like it. Takes 30 mins to remove the bumper. The hardest part is the 7mm screw in the wheel well
FWIW, he has a MY18+ , so it's 2 x 10mm for the bumper corners, and thankfully they revised that terrible f-ing corner tab design from the 15-17 (I was on my 3rd glueing, was ready to go Quik Latch but traded :D)

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
FWIW, he has a MY18+ , so it's 2 x 10mm for the bumper corners, and thankfully they revised that terrible f-ing corner tab design from the 15-17 (I was on my 3rd glueing, was ready to go Quik Latch but traded :D)
Yeah I quick latched mine
TLS_0447~2.JPG

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
What seams are you referring to?

Regardless, removing the grilles would look trashy, don't do it. I think my grille delete looks decent

mustang3.jpg
Let's correct the positioning of the U.S. Flag -- The stars should be at upper left corner when hanged vertically.

OP
OP
Jcards

Jcards

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have time today and tomorrow I'm going to pull it off and remove the grille then remount to see. I'll post pictures for others who are interested.
Sponsored