Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What tires you running? Thats how my car is if I run the stock 18" pirellis. I can spin 5th at 75mph when its below 50 out lol. I found leaving it in normal mode helps a lot as the % throttle to % pedal isn't as harsh. My MP4S stick really well in warm weather and I don't have much spin at low throttle but they're put away for the winter now.
I’m running Contisport 5p in a 295, That was normal mode, TC/ESC on. I can’t say that I’ve even contemplated using any other modes.
Results are basically identical when it’s 90*, just takes a slightly deeper push on the loud pedal.
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Check out what just showed up, upgraded H/E for my car, this one uses a dual 1.25" row Griffin core, so not only is it thicker than the standard unit, but the rows are larger so you have more surface area for the water to cool off with.

This was made to be a direct replacement for the Edelbrock unit too, meaning you can bolt it up to the Edelbrock HE brackets.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Check out what just showed up, upgraded H/E for my car, this one uses a dual 1.25" row Griffin core, so not only is it thicker than the standard unit, but the rows are larger so you have more surface area for the water to cool off with.

This was made to be a direct replacement for the Edelbrock unit too, meaning you can bolt it up to the Edelbrock HE brackets.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
I like the look of that! Not that the Edelbrock really suffers too much in that area.
In for results!

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I like the look of that! Not that the Edelbrock really suffers too much in that area.
In for results!
the Edelbrock H/E uses a 1.5" core, not sure if it's single row or dual row, if it's dual row, then that means the rows would have to be pretty small to fit inside the core, so while it does work, having a larger HE with larger rows will def improve it's ability to extract heat from the water.

This Griffin unit has dual 1.25" rows, so that's 2.5" worth of surface area, a single 1" row would only have 1" or surface area, and a dual .65" row core would only have 1.3" of surface area, so no matter how you cut it, this Griffin core should do a better job. Once I get it on I will be able to tell how noticeable these results are.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
the Edelbrock H/E uses a 1.5" core, not sure if it's single row or dual row, if it's dual row, then that means the rows would have to be pretty small to fit inside the core, so while it does work, having a larger HE with larger rows will def improve it's ability to extract heat from the water.

This Griffin unit has dual 1.25" rows, so that's 2.5" worth of surface area, a single 1" row would only have 1" or surface area, and a dual .65" row core would only have 1.3" of surface area, so no matter how you cut it, this Griffin core should do a better job. Once I get it on I will be able to tell how noticeable these results are.
You got that directly from Griffin as a EB HE option?

Just curious, wonder if t would help the 18+!Roush guys a teeny bit because of intercooler efficiency?

Some guys say no, because the 18+ Roush intercooler is so small?

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
You got that directly from Griffin as a EB HE option?

Just curious, wonder if t would help the 18+!Roush guys a teeny bit because of intercooler efficiency?

Some guys say no, because the 18+ Roush intercooler is so small?
No, this is a one-off right now, it was made using a Griffin core,(it's not made by Griffin), the rest was made by the fabricator using the specs sent of the Edelbrock HE.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No, this is a one-off right now, it was made using a Griffin core,(it's not made by Griffin), the rest was made by the fabricator using the specs sent of the Edelbrock HE.
So u had it custom made, very impressive

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Any do a crank relearn after installing the eb tune. My car seriously hesitated and does a little buck from 1-3 also when staying in a gear cruising sometimes the rpm will do a surge up and the back to where it should be

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Any do a crank relearn after installing the eb tune. My car seriously hesitated and does a little buck from 1-3 also when staying in a gear cruising sometimes the rpm will do a surge up and the back to where it should be
crank relearn won't fix that, crank relearn is for situations where the ECM no longer knows the crank position, normally only needs to be done when you change clutches or pull the trans. Changing tunes sent cause it to not know the position of the crank.

Sponsored

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
crank relearn won't fix that, crank relearn is for situations where the ECM no longer knows the crank position, normally only needs to be done when you change clutches or pull the trans. Changing tunes sent cause it to not know the position of the crank.
Is eb tune just that bad on the stage 2 I’ve sent them data logs and they say everything is fine

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Is eb tune just that bad on the stage 2 I’ve sent them data logs and they say everything is fine
No clue on the EB tuning, but sums up my experience with other manufacturer’s canned tunes. If it’s like my past experience, their canned response will end up being “we have lots of other customers that don’t experience this, must be an install error or something else is wrong with the car”, lol.

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
No clue on the EB tuning, but sums up my experience with other manufacturer’s canned tunes. If it’s like my past experience, their canned response will end up being “we have lots of other customers that don’t experience this, must be an install error or something else is wrong with the car”, lol.
Yea working on going Lund just wanna make sure everything with the car is good and just the tune is messed up before I switch already have the new injectors in box just waiting on pulley and belt