Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Ho Hum. Again, people who hating on the car will hang their hat on the FIRST number posted and it could run mid 10's for the rest of car production, it would not matter. Somehow those cars would be different and 11.3 is all it can do. Heck you already see that narrative being develop on that other site.

As for people who are true car enthusiast, it is already running high 120's trap speed. Which means it cabe be in the 10's. Also as someone who lives in a hot climate all year long, I understand that the DA and conditions matter. My 11 GT500 ran 10.7 in what we called our winter @ 134Mph. WH00T ! Now if I was up north ? At Atco ? or another northern track....what would she had done ?

The 2020 GT500 is fast. No doubt about it. It will be faster in owners hands and with very small mods on them. Now its time to see the track numbers. Because this car can do more than run down the 1/4.....it can turn as well.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
But But Buttttt it has a DCT!! This damn car should be mid 10s off the showroom floor as is comes from Ford.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree however the amature day being 1st ones to post times is just as much of an abortion as the entire rollout of this car so hey at least we know where the expectations are and at least its consistent.

Just another disappointment in a long list already for this car.

Can it run 10s? Sure I fully believe it will. But again this is a circus.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Which car is the “ringer”? Make sure Evan gets that one.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Usually the fry station, but sometimes the pick up window!

Already has by our favorite poster.
There's a couple of members over there that were __definitely__ dropped on their heads as babies ...

Of note:

I spent a little time there when I was considering a ZL1 convertible, wound up with another GT convertible, and I won't login over there again.

Why in the serious fuck would I spend any cycles there, that would be like a Camaro enthusiast, with zero interest in buying/owning a Mustang, posting ... here ... oh ...

Last edited:

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
This thread is hilarious. The people posting these times are lame journalists, breaking the embargo. Stangmode drove yesterday and I asked if he broke 11.0. His answer was simple, “Yes we beat that and we’ll talk about it Tuesday after the embargo is lifted”.

You all need to settle down a bit and wait for the actual reviews. Not some journalist who has no idea how to drag race and doesn’t even abide by the embargo.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Yea them hellcats are so fast tune only stangs are faster...Also 128mph is movin. the mph alone is says its a mid 10 car

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea them hellcats are so fast tune only stangs are faster...Also 128mph is movin. the mph alone is says its a mid 10 car
Do not disagree at all.

The times arent what I have issue with its the entire process in revealing this car and getting it out to the public i do have gripes about considering how much of a mess Ford has made it.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do not disagree at all.

The times arent what I have issue with its the entire process in revealing this car and getting it out to the public i do have gripes about considering how much of a mess Ford has made it.
I agree Ford hasn’t done a good job rolling out this car.

The thing is outside this small forum community no one cares. Next Tuesday no one will give a rats ass about any of this. Most GT500 buyers won’t ever read about the rollout. Most read Car and Driver and decide baby doesn’t need new shoes. They drive to dealer and buy it.

What Ford did right was discontinuing the GT500 in 14my. Look at Chevy. They dicked around for two years talking about the next gen while stacking inventory on the lots. That is terrible rollout/marketing.

There is a saying. The only thing worse than being talked about is not talked about.

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I feel bad for all of us, this is literally what we have come to in the world gone are they days when we can have a debate and respect each other’s opinions even though we may not totally agree with them. We have always wanted our kids and grandkids to grow up in a world that is just a little better then the one we grew up in, I’m afraid those days are gone so sad. The GT500 is and will be an amazing car that the people that buy one will enjoy beyond expectations. The people that are not impressed will not buy one and I hope they find something that truly excites them to drive and enjoy it. Mine will be here in a couple weeks and have tried to stick around to share my opinion on it when I got it but I’m not sure I can stick it out, reading the attacks on people and cars is just really depresses me

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Do not disagree at all.

This, we should have known though, they never gave any specs on their $450K supercar either, and to this day we still don't have any.

Dodge is catching the Mustang in sales via a fantastic marketing scheme and keeping an old platform fresh, GM and Ford could learn some lessons

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree Ford hasn’t done a good job rolling out this car.

The thing is outside this small forum community no one cares. Next Tuesday no one will give a rats ass about any of this. Most GT500 buyers won’t ever read about the rollout. Most read Car and Driver and decide baby doesn’t need new shoes. They drive to dealer and buy it.

What Ford did right was discontinuing the GT500 in 14my. Look at Chevy. They dicked around for two years talking about the next gen while stacking inventory on the lots. That is terrible rollout/marketing.

There is a saying. The only thing worse than being talked about is not talked about.
Agreed again. And umm the GT500 would be talked about more if it werent for that damn C8............ LOL

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
This, we should have known though, they never gave any specs on their $450K supercar either, and to this day we still don't have any.

Dodge is catching the Mustang in sales via a fantastic marketing scheme and keeping an old platform fresh, GM and Ford could learn some lessons
Does it really matter regarding Dodge sales if all of the 2020 GT500 sold out, many for an ADM ?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Anyone see the Stangmode livestream?

It sounds like 760hp was a placeholder.

I’m expecting something higher to be released Tuesday.

Edit: was just said that ford started the HP wars in 2013 and will finish them now.

800hp +?
Sponsored