Trip to Tail of The Dragon / thoughts on handling

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
@alan0614 Is it possible that I saw you on the Tail early August - with 2 or 3 people in the car? Saw a white with blue stripes that Saturday - Miata weekend.
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When driving out to a cabin in the Nantahala national forest one winter day (I love that area), in my old X5, I was telling my wife, "I know we're close to the Tail of the Dragon, but this road we're on is AMAZING!" Switchbacks, tight corners, open flowing sections. I was throwing the big truck around and it really handles well for an SUV. Lots of tire squeal and she was getting a bit anxious ...

Then we went by the roadkill cafe and the tree with all the bike parts on it. I had been on the Tail in the downhill direction and hadn't even realized it! LOL. We turned around and went back through it again ...

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
@alan0614 Is it possible that I saw you on the Tail early August - with 2 or 3 people in the car? Saw a white with blue stripes that Saturday - Miata weekend.
@crazymayhem I wish it was me, but the last time we were on the Dragon was after leaving Ponies in the Smokies.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I love living in the area of all these roads. I can be on the Devil's Whip (NC80) or the Diamondback (US226A) in ten mins from my house. Just got all my Steeda parts on. Now it is time to ditch the P Zeros and get some real rubber on the road and hit the curves.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’ve yet to see a Supra on the road and the ads for them online show lots of them available and they have cut the prices already.

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
For anyone close to the North East I highly recommend the Kancamangus Highway in New Hampshire. 26 mile windy mountain road through the White Mountain National Forrest. I had done it many times on on my previous CBR 600RR's and it will be done again once I get myself into a GT350
Sponsored