Tools

1hotboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
none
I had a garage fire and all my tools were lost in the fire.

My question is what brand tools do you own or recommend.....
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Of course like everything else in the world it depends on how the tool feels in your hand. I haver some off brand tools that feel great in my hand, while so name brand stuff I don't like. Then depends if they are just weekend tools, or tools to make money with?
One tool that io can feel good about recommending is the battery Milwaukee's tools.
Craftmans are OK but have been bought and sold a lot to different companies. I pay more attention to how the tools are packaged, so once I start using will they have a nice place (box) to store in, or will I need to store loose

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
I work with hand tools on a daily basis, and I can tell you for sure that you're going to want to look for good quality made in USA end wrenches. They are getting harder and harder to find, and tend to cost a bit more, but the quality of the steel allows them to use less material to gain the same strength. This means that the heads on the wrenches of american tools will be smaller than their foreign counterparts, so they will fit into tighter spaces and won't round fasteners. I'm also a huge fan of German screwdrivers with hardened tips. I've had Wiha brand screwdrivers for nearly 15 years, and while I've broken 2 different #2 Phillips drivers I have yet to round a screw head with them.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vessel Screwdrivers and Bondhus for allen wrenches. Fluke ONLY for electrical. Mitatoyo or Brown Sharp for measuring devices. The rest Kobalt,Husky, and mostly Craftsman.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Snap On. You can now lock this thread! LOL.

But seriously...snap on is expensive as f$&@, but IMO worth it. There’s a few things in life that you just get what you pay for when it comes to quality and tools is one of them.

Did you get insurance or something from the fire to recover your tools? I have my tools as a separate line item on my home owners insurance for $15K
Sponsored