Out with the (slightly) old, in with the Blue

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Some of you may know I ordered a 2019 GT and it came with bad paint from the factory. Well 5 months later Ford finally has settled everything with me, for the better! Long story short at first they were going to repaint my entire car (I was very unhappy about this) but when they got the body shop bill from the warranty place for 15k they decided to buy back my car instead.

I couldn't imagine getting any other vehicle at all other than a Mustang, so I asked for a replacement to be built for me just like the first one (my first ever new car purchase), and yesterday I finally got to finish the deal! Pictures attached of a happy Ford and Classic Ford of Mentor OH and Gregg Pike customer, and his old and new Mustangs. And the new Pony resting in its forever home. :)

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Glad it worked out for you! Great looking car. Welcome to the blue side.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Blue Mustangs are the coolest. True fact.

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Good for you!!!
I like the blue too.
Just curious, what was wrong with the old paint?

Sponsored

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Good for you!!!
I like the blue too.
Just curious, what was wrong with the old paint?
If you search thru my threads I created you can find the one with all the pics. Basically on edges of every panel/body/hood/trunk paint had "receded" under the clear coat and was missing.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Some of you may know I ordered a 2019 GT and it came with bad paint from the factory. Well 5 months later Ford finally has settled everything with me, for the better! Long story short at first they were going to repaint my entire car (I was very unhappy about this) but when they got the body shop bill from the warranty place for 15k they decided to buy back my car instead.

I couldn't imagine getting any other vehicle at all other than a Mustang, so I asked for a replacement to be built for me just like the first one (my first ever new car purchase), and yesterday I finally got to finish the deal! Pictures attached of a happy Ford and Classic Ford of Mentor OH and Gregg Pike customer, and his old and new Mustangs. And the new Pony resting in its forever home. :)

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg
that's good on ford for doing that. To buy back acar over paint seems excessive but its great that they honored their word and treated you good.

Say what ypu will about them ford is actually a really good company

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good for you! Now go back in the garage and make sure that ladder is doubly secured(lol).
Sponsored