MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
"Inspired" is a pretty loose term, inspired could mean it's "sporty", or maybe the headlight design __kind__ of looks like a Mustang. It's not a new Mustang SUV, our cars are still running gas ... hahahaha, I don't think the sky is falling :cwl:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
SUV's are for soccer mom's so doesn't appeal to me. Unless a soccer mom is driving it and then I'm interested.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The Falcon wasn't a legend created over 55 years.

This is just Ford being lazy and borrowing the Mustang's "cool factor" to a car that shares nothing with the Mustang except the badge on the nose.
I agree on the legend part but not on the lazy.

What wrong with a manufacturer building a new product and using using the aura of a legend to help sell it? Its a brilliant marketing move. Why buy a boring Chevy, Toyota or Honda when you can have a Mustang inspired SUV?

What I find interesting is we all marvel at the technology that allows our 460HP monsters that get 25+ MPG. We then cringe at an all electric SUV. The all electric age is coming. Let's enjoy our ICE's while we still can.

Oh yeah, no pony on the front. Inspired yes, copy no.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why? We love the design of our Mustang’s so why shouldn’t they inspire other cars. So long as there are no ponies on it, I’m fine. Will definitely go look at it when it hits the showroom floor.
Why?

Because the “Mustang” was never and should not ever be a “brand”. It is the model of an iconic vehicle that maintained a specific body style and design aspects. The Mustang Pony logo and it’s likeness should not be affixed to ANY OTHER vehicle type, even if “Mustang inspired”.

A Mustang is NOT an SUV, it’s NOT a brand, it’s a Pony CAR.

Ford is trying to make it into a brand.

If Ford wants another vehicle that is “Mustang inspired” then call it a Palomino, an Arabian, a Caspian, a Tarpan or something of that nature.

Don’t slap the iconic Mustang Pony or it’s Tribar onto an SUV or CUV.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Why?

Because the “Mustang” was never and should not ever be a “brand”. It is the model of an iconic vehicle that maintained a specific body style and design aspects. The Mustang Pony logo and it’s likeness should not be affixed to ANY OTHER vehicle type, even if “Mustang inspired”.

If Ford wants another vehicle that is “Mustang inspired” then call it a Palomino, an Arabian, a Caspian, a Tarpan or something of that nature.

Should have just waited for Cobra to reply the entire time. Always the voice of reason.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Good news...This vehicle looks like it might really be pretty cool... and Ford/Lincoln has a lot of beautifully styled vehicles coming out now and in the future.
Bad News.... If the price point is over 50K like so many other cool Ford and Lincoln vehicles, they will be a hit with the media and car reviewers and wealthy, but not with the average buyer like me. Or maybe I am below average now, but I just can't justify 50K for a vehicle.
I am priced out of the Explorer ST, Edge ST, MachE, Bullitt (and probably Bronco, future Mach1 or Boss, etc) unless I buy used.
What a relative bargain my base 2015 GT seems now, I will keep it.
Also, all electric vehicles are nice, but it comes down to a lifestyle choice or location for ownership...you must have a Secure place to plug in like a garage. Street parking in a city, or apartments or even single homes like mine with a driveway will not work.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Im actually excited about this, and may even lean towards purchasing one once they hit the showroom floors down-under. I wonder what they are going to be priced at.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Hopefully Kemal Couric had a hand in designing the MachE.
He did the original 2015 Mustang and Lincoln Coursair and Avaiator... all design 'hits'.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Way too much but hurt here... Remember that the government is pushing electric vehicles down our throats and if we will be stuck with them, then at least we can try something a little bit different than a prius or tesla. I,m curious but cautious on this.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why?

Just because we do not agree with it doesn't mean its a bad idea. Its marketing genius for Ford "depending" on what they do with it. I do not want ponies either and I sure hope that is not what is going to happen.

Why don't we wait until 11/17 and see what inspired means.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Way too much but hurt here... Remember that the government is pushing electric vehicles down our throats and if we will be stuck with them, then at least we can try something a little bit different than a prius or tesla. I,m curious but cautious on this.
Exactly. Guaranteed it’ll look better than a Tesla or Prius. Don’t think I’d ever own one because it wouldn’t be convenient to charge for me, but I am curious to check them out.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It also just says "inspired." It's a marketing gimmick to try and draw in people who like SUV's and people who like the Mustang but may not be able to get one (non compliant spouse, health issues, practicality, etc). Our car is a really cool looking car. I've had people drive like maniacs just to get along side me and tell me they love the color. From a pur business standpoint, it would actually be a bit stupid to not capitalize on such a well drawn up design. As long as Ford doesn't abuse it to the point of beating a dead horse, or straight up call this a "Mustang," then I don't see any real problems with it. Well, I lie, I won't be too thrilled getting my ass handed to me by an SUV that used my car as inspiration :crying:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
bucket.png

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Aston Martin DBX
Lamborghini Uris
Ferrari Purosangue
Porsche Cayenne

The world as we know it has changed forever.
Sponsored