Replacing dampers only?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am looking at replacing my dampers to get rid of the float but would like to keep the stance. I am looking at the Ford Performance M-18000-F. The description states that they are designed specifically for lowered Mustangs. Should I be looking elsewhere?
Sponsored

OP
OP

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am looking at replacing my dampers to get rid of the float but would like to keep the stance. I am looking at the Ford Performance M-18000-F. The description states that they are designed specifically for lowered Mustangs. Should I be looking elsewhere?
Currently have the stock springs.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Why not get some BMR minimum drop springs to go with that? Should keep your stance but just lower it a tiny bit - would be a great pairing with the Ford Performance dampers.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they would work nicely, particularly with an aftermarket rear shock mount to eliminate the bushing flex that prevents the shocks from working as well as they can.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I bet that would be a great combo.

Depending how firm of dampers you want to go, you can get the Steeda/Koni Actives for an advertised great ride, Bilsteins or FRPPs for more performance based, or adjustables for performance and the most flexibility. In any case, ditching the OEM dampers is a great choice.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I ran with stock springs and upgraded dampers for a few years (also had mildly stiffer swaybars), highly recommeded. I ran Konis and it was easy to kill the stock float with stiffer damping.

OP
OP

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Thank you all!
Sponsored