Hellion Sleeper Turbo - which one?

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
I just got mine done on my 18 a few weeks ago and did the bb base turbos, the additional water lines are not the easiest as far as routing lines to make it look nice, but keeping them turbos cooler is only gonna help with longevity. I have about 200 miles on it and have not scraped anything yet and my car is lowered as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
No oil lines, no tapping into the oil pan, and no questioning whether the turbos are getting oil
I could be wrong, but I didn't think the 18+ Hellion Sleeper kit required tapping into the oil pan. I thought I remember something about using a Y adapter from the oil pressure sensor. Is that correct?

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
I could be wrong, but I didn't think the 18+ Hellion Sleeper kit required tapping into the oil pan. I thought I remember something about using a Y adapter from the oil pressure sensor. Is that correct?

There is no tapping for oil on the 18+

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
There is no tapping for oil on the 18+
I don't think you tap the oil pan on the street sleeper kit no matter which year (15-17 or 18+).

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
Hello. We can option high flow cats that will go behind the turbos for $250 total. As far a WG re-entry, it would be possible to custom fab if desired.

Team Hellion
Hellion, can you tell me more about this hi-flow cat option? Is it available for 15-17 as well? One of my pet peeves with the car is the strong gas smell.

Thanks

Sponsored

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
Here's the kit on a 2015 GT, stock ride height. I have never personally scraped, but I can't really recommend this kit for lowered cars. Or if it is lowered, just be careful.
IMG_6261.jpg
IMG_6908.jpg

Last edited:

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Hellion, can you tell me more about this hi-flow cat option? Is it available for 15-17 as well? One of my pet peeves with the car is the strong gas smell.

Thanks
I am also interested in this! I sent Hellion Turbo a pm as well. It would be nice to see this option on the website(s) when ordering.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I went with the hellion sleeper kit with the Precision JB 62/66 turbos. I don't really notice the wastegate noise that the guy above posted but everyone has different taste. I would recommend the 62/66 over the 55 because you have more headroom and less chance of issues with back pressure. I upgraded the headers as well just to reduce potential back pressure issues. I don't really have any more fuel smell than I did with catless headers and my Paxton that was previously on the car. Ground clearance has not been an issue on my car but it is stock ride height. It is a great kit and has tons of power even on only 7psi. My car went a 10.50 at 118 with 7psi lifting at 1000ft mark.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here's the kit on a 2015 GT, stock ride height. I have never personally scraped, but I personally don't recommend this kit for lowered cars.
IMG_6261.jpg
IMG_6908.jpg
Hello.

We feel it is important to let readers and forum members know that our R and D car for development of this kit was a lowered car (full Steeda setup) and we took the height into consideration. We have never lost any parts or had any negative results from our kit mounting. We constantly monitor all components, and have had amazing success with this system. If a lowered car was in the market for our kit please do not be deterred. You will not be disappointed!

Please let us know if you have any questions! 505-873-4670 or [email protected]

Team Hellion

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Thanks
Yes, the cat option is the same for both 15-17 and 18+. It is very simple to install. Please give us a call for more information 505-873-4670.

Team Hellion

Sponsored
OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
I would recommend the 62/66 over the 55 because you have more headroom and less chance of issues with back pressure.
Anyone else have similar thoughts/concerns regarding the 55s? I have no desire for more power, so I’m not concerned about headroom. But I hadn’t thought about back pressure.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Please get ball bearing turbos. I have a Hellion kit on my 2017 and I wish I would have just paid for them out the door. Journal bearing is just a mess to deal with. You won't regret going bb, if thats the only upgrade you can do, do it. Hit me up over at Lethalperformance.com and Ill get you a killer deal to help you get them ball bearings added lol. Feel free to pick my brain about the hellion kits as well, I have a lot of experience with them.
Huh. I have always been Ball Bearing turbos. But this time because of the the price and great reviews with these Journal bearing Precisions I took a chance. And glad I did these Journal Bearing turbos have been nothing but AWESOME.

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
Thank you everyone for all your all your input! I know it has been extremely valuable to me, and I'm sure anyone else doing additional research on these systems will also be very appreciative of it!

I only have a few outstanding questions:

1. Can Hellion route the WG back into the exhaust before their high flow cat? Or is that something I need to have a local shop do? (I don't weld, yet)

2. Is there any concern with back pressure on the 55mm turbos? (I won't ever run more than 8 psi boost)

3. There has been a lot of talk about the differences between the base turbos and the Precision CEA turbos. What about the BorgWarner AirWerks 57mm turbo? It's about the same price as the 55 or 62mm Precision CEA, but seems like it might be a good option between faster spool times less back pressure.

4. Should I consider turbo blankets to help manage the heat both in the cabin as well as protect the transmission?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you everyone for all your all your input! I know it has been extremely valuable to me, and I'm sure anyone else doing additional research on these systems will also be very appreciative of it!

I only have a few outstanding questions:

1. Can Hellion route the WG back into the exhaust before their high flow cat? Or is that something I need to have a local shop do? (I don't weld, yet)

2. Is there any concern with back pressure on the 55mm turbos? (I won't ever run more than 8 psi boost)

3. There has been a lot of talk about the differences between the base turbos and the Precision CEA turbos. What about the BorgWarner AirWerks 57mm turbo? It's about the same price as the 55 or 62mm Precision CEA, but seems like it might be a good option between faster spool times less back pressure.

4. Should I consider turbo blankets to help manage the heat both in the cabin as well as protect the transmission?

Hello.

We do not have a on shelf option to re enter the WG, but it definitely can be done by an experienced shop (Most ask for vented gates, so we made that standard).

There is no backpressue issue with 55mm units as we size them correctly and they work really well (we have been 8.90's with them).

All turbo options have a great transition to power. With the high 1st gear ratios of the current transmissions, even the 62mm-64mm units come on fast.

We do not need turbo blankets underneath as the factory heat protection is great and does more than enough to keep heat away.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion
Sponsored