MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Awesome! The thread wasn’t really meant to be a question about the best mod for under $100. More just me saying the clutch assist spring is the best mod I’ve done for under $100. Pretty cool to see people giving ideas though!
Oh, hahaha, duh ...

YOU don't control the the thread ... the thread controls YOU! :crackup:
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Disconnect the center dash speaker by removing the dash trim, reaching in and unplug it. Then set the fader to full front only. Instant sound quality upgrade and best of all it costs nothing unless you lose some clips.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
For me its the Steeda jacking rails....I've used them now nearly a dozen times, its great you can lift the whole side of the car with just one jack and not worry about factory pinch points!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Disconnect the center dash speaker by removing the dash trim, reaching in and unplug it. Then set the fader to full front only. Instant sound quality upgrade and best of all it costs nothing unless you lose some clips.
Wouldn't turning off "surround" and going with "stereo", an easier option..? There is no spatial sound, when in stereo.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wouldn't turning off "surround" and going with "stereo", an easier option..? There is no spatial sound, when in stereo.
This is using the "all seats" setting.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Just not following you.
I thought you were referring the EQ settings. The middle speaker has no way of being turned off in the settings so hence the need to physically disconnect it.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Really? It sound that much better without the center speaker?

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
The speaker is so bad it actually makes your stereo sound worse than it is. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/join-me-in-fixing-the-center-speaker-issue.125522/
Thanks StangTime, that was the post I was looking for, I know in the other thread regarding the B&O sounding terrible, I mentioned cutting the center speaker and fading to the front passenger side. That thread is the one I used.

I was so disappointed with the premium Shaker sound, but after clipping the center speaker and fading as per that thread, it sounds much more dynamic. The center speaker flattens the sound and makes the whole thing sound muddy. Definitely a great mod.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly enjoy my system, disabled eq using forescan, major improvement, disable center speaker. Good deal

spent $70 for a set of GTO620’s for rear, and tossed in $100 pair of power bass 2ohm 6.5’s in front door

car absolutely sounds amazing. I just added a JL box for finishing touch.

oh I also added foam stinger rings for the power bass set, and I dymoatted and ensolited the door while had panels off.

So yeah I did a little work, but I love it. No way as I wiring in brand new amps and wiring for new system.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You don't even need the clutch spring. Just pop it out. No worries.
Sponsored