Sponsored

Ford Adjustable Strut Top Mount Question

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Will be looking at a 2019 R model later this week. Question - does the 2019 R come standard with the Ford adjustable strut top mount and, if so, is it installed at the factory or by the dealer?
Sponsored

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Will be looking at a 2019 R model later this week. Question - does the 2019 R come standard with the Ford adjustable strut top mount and, if so, is it installed at the factory or by the dealer?
Yes, 2019 R model comes with the adjustable strut top mounts. They are NOT installed at factory, you'll need to make sure your dealer installs them for you. A lot of dealerships don't know about them so you need to make sure to bring it up (my dealer had to search around but found the box they came in). They install at no extra cost to you.

OP
OP

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Yes, 2019 R model comes with the adjustable strut top mounts. They are NOT installed at factory, you'll need to make sure your dealer installs them for you. A lot of dealerships don't know about them so you need to make sure to bring it up (my dealer had to search around but found the box they came in). They install at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for the info ... appreciate it!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer forgot to put in car and they shipped them to me.

Going next week to get them installed.

DBL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
After installation is the dealer supposed to realign? I have mine being installed this week on mine and want to make sure I follow up if an alignment is necessary.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
After installation is the dealer supposed to realign? I have mine being installed this week on mine and want to make sure I follow up if an alignment is necessary.
Dealership is supposed to align, mine told me they would after the install

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership is supposed to align, mine told me they would after the install
Has anyone tried to get the track alignment specs?

I could only get -1.8 deg camber on the right side, so Ford Performance thinks it was installed incorrectly.

Ford told my local dealership I had to take the car to the dealership I bought the car/the mounts were installed. But that is in Houston and I live in DC area...this is going to be a pain for sure.

joshua80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2022 Raptor
Picked up my 2020R two weeks ago. The dealership has not idea where they are. So they are shipped to the dealer?

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Picked up my 2020R two weeks ago. The dealership has not idea where they are. So they are shipped to the dealer?
Yes, sometimes they end up in the parts department.

JZ150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Rapid Red
Here is my experience so far. I asked my sales rep about the adjustable plates and he says he will have to find out. He calls me later with the service manager to schedule the service date bc the service manager wants to make sure he had his “best” available tech to do the install. I take the car in and I’m told my car will be ready at the end of the day. I talk to the service department around 11 bc I forgot to ask them to look at the cracked sub woofer in the trunk. I’m told that they are done with the car but he’d check the sub before I got there to pick the car up. I go to pick my car up and ask about the alignment. The service writer says they didn’t have to do an alignment so I’m asking more questions trying to figure out why. I finally pull up my handy Mustang6G forums and show the service writer a picture of the adjustable plates and ask if that’s what they installed. He says no. He says “we installed the yellow things in the trunk”. Needless to say...... hope you all can get a smile/laugh from this. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Has anyone tried to get the track alignment specs?

I could only get -1.8 deg camber on the right side, so Ford Performance thinks it was installed incorrectly.

Ford told my local dealership I had to take the car to the dealership I bought the car/the mounts were installed. But that is in Houston and I live in DC area...this is going to be a pain for sure.
I live in DC and Koons in Falls Church va have done good work on my car and I’ve spoken to their Shelby Tech. They replaced the motor with no issues and the cylinder block plate too. Janet Fincher is my service writer and she’s pretty good.

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I live in DC and Koons in Falls Church va have done good work on my car and I’ve spoken to their Shelby Tech. They replaced the motor with no issues and the cylinder block plate too. Janet Fincher is my service writer and she’s pretty good.
oh nice, I live in Alexandria so pretty close. What’s the Shelby Techs name?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I don't remember.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I finally pull up my handy Mustang6G forums and show the service writer a picture of the adjustable plates and ask if that’s what they installed. He says no. He says “we installed the yellow things in the trunk”. Needless to say...... hope you all can get a smile/laugh from this. Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Wait did they reinstall the shock shipping spacers?

Also does anyone have any info on best aftermarket source and pricing? Last I heard they were in the same price range as the Vorshlag ones.

Last edited:

JZ150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Rapid Red
Wait did they reinstall the shock shipping spacers?

Also does anyone have any info on best aftermarket source and pricing? Last I heard they were in the same price range as the Vorshlag ones.

That’s exactly what they did. Lol
Sponsored