Sponsored

Official GT350/R Mustang Owners Registry

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
There's an R somewhere in here with no wing and no rear seat insert! Just dangling carpet and a gaping hole where the fiberglass should be.

They installed the center console over my driver's side seat belt latch! 200 miles on the car and it's at the dealer having the center console removed to retrieve it! Then I noticed the passenger side airbag was always "OFF" - back to the dealer for an improperly installed connection under the seat.

So, yeah, totally agree with you!

Man that sucks and I'm totally not poking fun at 19 owners at all. Ford has a problem this year. I looked at a new wingless R 20 miles away from me with the delete seat panel missing and what not. Sale manager was so pissed when they got it. They still have it and I noticed they have a wing on it now.. I posted about it in the deals and allocations thread a couple months back. I was shocked to see there were other Rs leaving the factory that way too. Makes you wonder if these workers even know what they are building and looking at. Why no one spoke up at any point thru the process..
Sponsored

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR647, 2015 Roush Stage 1 15.0294.RS1
Well done, sir! I have to say that I am partial to your color scheme!

So, totally under the heading "Factory Fluke", you realize those stripes are supposed to have Race Red accent stripes?

You waited five years for that car so it should be perfect for you. And, who knows, it may be perfect and I'm just OCD...:blush:

Almost 4000 miles on mine and running great! Break her in right and bed those Brembo's and you'll be a happy man!
Yes. The window sticker says “Blue with Red accent.” Obviously it’s wrong since it’s Blue with Silver accent, and the dealer is going to replace the stripes for me. Still taking ownership tomorrow though.

Thanks!

CaptHugemeat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K1984
Hey guys. Picked up my 350 a few weeks ago in Denver. Finally getting around to posting it. Was going to trade the ATS-V in for her, but couldn't part with it, so I just kept it! Awesome fun so far and totally different from the ATS. And the sound...omg the sound. Anyway, looking forward to lurking the forums and learning about this unbelievable car.

Fun fact, the white R in the first photo is definitely @TreeFiddy. It was my car, his R and an older Ford GT all parked together. All white with blue stripes. Why I didn't get a picture of the three together, I'll never know...
20190923_180059.JPG
20191004_120917.JPG

Sponsored

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Welp. This evening did not turn out the way I had hoped. The car made it from Colorado to Wichita, but I unfortunately am not able to take delivery tonight due to several issues.

1) Looks like someone wiped the car down with a rag that had a bunch of rocks in it. There are horrible swirl marks on the spoiler and the truck lid panel. Those will all have to be buffed out. Should be fine in the end.

2) The stripes are supposed to be Blue with Red accent. For some reason these are Blue with Silver/Gray accent. It's quite obvious the dealership in Colorado removed the original stripes and installed these instead. They say they ordered the car that way, but I highly doubt that. I say they replaced them because not only are they damaged in a couple places, along with horrible swirl marks as well, the left hood stripe has multiple rocks/debris under it. I counted at least 5 visible pieces of debris under the stripe. It's obvious they installed these stripes and didn't clean/prep properly when they did. They will have to be replaced with the proper stripes. When my dealer submits the warranty claim, they'll know for sure what the Colorado dealer did.

3) The front air splitter is damaged. These cars are supposed to be transported with the splitter removed so the transport truck doesn't damage them and they are installed at the final destination. They did not do that for the trip from Colorado to Wichita, and this is the result. It will have to be replaced but it will remain to be seen if they will cover it under warranty.

4) The GT350 emblem on the passenger fender is not stuck on properly. It wasn't stuck on properly from the factory (I'm assuming) and water got behind the 3M and now it doesn't stick to the fender. It's also possible someone tried to pull it off and stopped. Who knows? It will need to be replaced to fixed.

5) The weather stripping under the spoiler is squeezed out on both sides. Not a big deal, but an eyesore to me. I can take care of that myself later, but it's still and issue.

Some other nickle and dime stuff but nothing I can't take care of. These are just the major issues. They'll do all the warranty claim work and research tomorrow and get back with me. After they find out what will be warrantied and what won't be, I can go ahead and take delivery while I'm waiting on parts to arrive. Should just be the splitter and the stripes.

We'll see how it turns out. Not how I wanted to spend by birthday evening, but when I spend $74,000 on a car, I can be as picky as I want, and any sane person would probably be the same way. My local dealer has always done good by me and my sales guy is fantastic. This is the 4th car I've purchased from him. I'm confident in a good outcome.
IMG_6793.JPG
IMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6803.JPG
IMG_6805.JPG
IMG_6806.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_6795.jpg
IMG_6811.jpg
IMG_E6796.JPG
IMG_6804.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG
IMG_6797.JPG
IMG_E6799.JPG
IMG_6809.JPG
IMG_6807.JPG
IMG_6810.JPG
IMG_6808.JPG

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Ford really is having problems with 19's more so than any other year with regard to QC. Wingless R's, shifters, now a stripe confused R... C'mon Ford...
As long as they got the motor right ; )
(But I say that as if I'm not in full OCD mode over every defect I find as I detail this thing more than I have time to drive it. Having said that I don't know it to be any different than past years with respect to paint & panel fit - cars were so late & in random holding pens that it couldn't have helped).

BTW anyone considering or struggling with FP passenger side catch-can fitment I've been on the phone & trading emails with FP for over a week now - as discussed with Kyle @FP today they should have a final update to me tomorrow. MY'19's wiring harness is super well secured by a harness loop BUT then in the way unlike past model years.

I am waaaaay off my simple mod & mileage plan and here comes more rain & cold. Damn.

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
@TreeFiddy , did you tell the selling dealership you paid for a new car? ridiculous. good attitude though man, it'll all get sorted out soon enough. congrats though on the R.
Yeah, lol. It’s only got 6.7 miles on it. Paint and interior are perfect. Only issues are cosmetic. It’ll all get resolved. Just gotta wait a little longer.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Just picked up a new 2019 350 with electronic and handling package this weekend to replace my 2009 gt/cs that was totaled. Loving this magnetic color!
A2A38307-980D-44AB-AE10-B85CFA0D5ED8.jpeg
0510373B-102A-4BFD-97CD-89AAFEF043C7.jpeg
8DC020F6-4918-4048-8CA1-734489F988DA.jpeg
What part of California? I'm in the Sacramento area and picked up K1805 on July 5, in Glendale, AZ. Drove her home from AZ, broke the engine in and bedded the brakes correctly. 6000+ miles as of today and no oil consumption issues or any problems, what so ever! Congratulations!!!!
fullsizeoutput_6e41.jpeg

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
What part of California? I'm in the Sacramento area and picked up K1805 on July 5, in Glendale, AZ. Drove her home from AZ, broke the engine in and bedded the brakes correctly. 6000+ miles as of today and no oil consumption issues or any problems, what so ever! Congratulations!!!!
fullsizeoutput_6e41.jpeg
I’m in Los Angeles! Wow I’m only at 150 miles so far lol. What is bedded the brakes? You have quite the beauty there! Haven’t checked my oil yet, but figured give it at least 500 miles

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
I’m in Los Angeles! Wow I’m only at 150 miles so far lol. What is bedded the brakes? You have quite the beauty there! Haven’t checked my oil yet, but figured give it at least 500 miles
This is from Brembo..........
  • Bedding Procedure
  • It is very important to follow proper brake bedding procedure following installation. This is necessary not only for optimum performance of the system, but also to avoid onset of judder (vibration felt through brake and steering). The discs are delivered with a thin zinc coating to prevent corrosion. Prior to beginning the bedding procedure, this plating must be removed from the braking surfaces by driving the car slowly (under 30mph) and performing very light brake applications in order to remove the plating without generating heat. With too much heat or pedal pressure, this plating can be deposited unevenly on the disc, and impregnated into the pad, further increasing the likelihood of judder development. Once a visual inspection of the braking surfaces confirms that the plating has been evenly removed, begin with the bedding procedure as specified below.
    • Drive vehicle to a remote area and perform at least 30 brake applications of 3 second duration. Use light/medium deceleration with varying starting speeds. Leave at least 1/2 mile between each brake application
    • The purpose of this procedure is to gradually increase the temperature in the components without thermal shock, and to mate the brake pad and disc friction surfaces
    • After the repeated stops, drive the vehicle for several miles with little or no braking in order to adequately cool the components
    • The system is now ready for normal use

NOTE:
    This entire procedure must be complete before driving the vehicle as normal. It is especially important that this process is completed before any extended same-speed driving is done (i.e. freeway travel). Failure to follow these instructions greatly increases the likelihood of judder development

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Yeah, lol. It’s only got 6.7 miles on it. Paint and interior are perfect. Only issues are cosmetic. It’ll all get resolved. Just gotta wait a little longer.
A couple things that are off the top of my head in your specific case are:

Splitter - That under side damage is going to happen the second you drive it off the lot. It will scrape something and it's unavoidable. Make sure the splitter is mounted correctly without any gaps. That's a crappy gouge but at least it's on the underside. If the dealership is willing to replace it then by all means get a new one. Otherwise drive on knowing you will scrape the shit out of it yourself here and there.

Stripes - Gotta go obviously. Maybe think about stripeless and keep the set OEM stripes if you ever wanted to put them on and have a competent stripe/wrap shop do it. I dunno, something to think about if anything.

Wing - The swirls would bother me a lot. How deep are they? Thru the paint? Can they be corrected by a proper professional detailer? Don't trust the dealership to this. Ask me how I know... They're mostly kids back there with massive amounts of wax and rotators at their disposal. First stop after I took delivery of my R was the detailer for full paint correction and ceramic coating. And I bought my R locally. I wished I never let the dealership detail my R. It created more work for my detailer to reverse the crap job. If the swirls are to deep, you'll need a competent shop to do the prep and repaint. The squished material between the wing and trunk lid is a fail. Looks to be over torqued when i compare it to my R wing. I wonder if they removed the wing to install the incorrect stripes? Do yourself a favor for piece of mind and inspect the the "dog bones" on the underside of the trunk lid that bolt to the wing thru the trunk lid to see of they are even there and not bent or stress cracked.

Trunk panel - Again a job for the professional if you ask me. That panel is soft and a real pain in the ass. My detailer mentioned this panel along with the wing as challenging to get perfect. Try to get a replacement and clear wrap it.

GT350 emblem - Even if it's not bent, the sticky gasket is F'd. Get a new one. Keep the old one for your gangsta chain necklace.

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A couple things that are off the top of my head in your specific case are:

Splitter - That under side damage is going to happen the second you drive it off the lot. It will scrape something and it's unavoidable. Make sure the splitter is mounted correctly without any gaps. That's a crappy gouge but at least it's on the underside. If the dealership is willing to replace it then by all means get a new one. Otherwise drive on knowing you will scrape the shit out of it yourself here and there.

Stripes - Gotta go obviously. Maybe think about stripeless and keep the set OEM stripes if you ever wanted to put them on and have a competent stripe/wrap shop do it. I dunno, something to think about if anything.

Wing - The swirls would bother me a lot. How deep are they? Thru the paint? Can they be corrected by a proper professional detailer? Don't trust the dealership to this. Ask me how I know... They're mostly kids back there with massive amounts of wax and rotators at their disposal. First stop after I took delivery of my R was the detailer for full paint correction and ceramic coating. And I bought my R locally. I wished I never let the dealership detail my R. It created more work for my detailer to reverse the crap job. If the swirls are to deep, you'll need a competent shop to do the prep and repaint. The squished material between the wing and trunk lid is a fail. Looks to be over torqued when i compare it to my R wing. I wonder if they removed the wing to install the incorrect stripes? Do yourself a favor for piece of mind and inspect the the "dog bones" on the underside of the trunk lid that bolt to the wing thru the trunk lid to see of they are even there and not bent or stress cracked.

Trunk panel - Again a job for the professional if you ask me. That panel is soft and a real pain in the ass. My detailer mentioned this panel along with the wing as challenging to get perfect. Try to get a replacement and clear wrap it.

GT350 emblem - Even if it's not bent, the sticky gasket is F'd. Get a new one. Keep the old one for your gangsta chain necklace.
None of the swirls are too deep. Should buff out fine. The dealer doesn’t do any body work themselves. They take the cars down the street to a body shop/collision repair center. I’m confident it’ll turn out fine. Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into what you said. It’s appreciated. As for the splitter, I know it’s prone to damage but being that it’s supposed to be a new car, it’s no different than if there was a big dent in the fender. It’s not supposed to be damaged when I take delivery of a new car, in my opinion. What happens after I leave the lot is my own fault. My sales guy told me the warranty claim was submitted this morning for the stripes and the splitter, so we’ll see what Ford says. Going stripeless for a while might not be a bad idea.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
None of the swirls are too deep. Should buff out fine. The dealer doesn’t do any body work themselves. They take the cars down the street to a body shop/collision repair center. I’m confident it’ll turn out fine. Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into what you said. It’s appreciated. As for the splitter, I know it’s prone to damage but being that it’s supposed to be a new car, it’s no different than if there was a big dent in the fender. It’s not supposed to be damaged when I take delivery of a new car, in my opinion. What happens after I leave the lot is my own fault. My sales guy told me the warranty claim was submitted this morning for the stripes and the splitter, so we’ll see what Ford says. Going stripeless for a while might not be a bad idea.
if your stripeless right now, might be a good time to put on ppf at least on the hood, you'll avoid any bubble lines. when I was researching ppf for my car most of the shops recommended we take off the stripes, put on the ppf and then reapply the stripes. just something to consider, not absolutely necessary though.
Sponsored