cwebb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie Webb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hi guys.
New to this forum, but I had a question that I cannot find an answer to.

Trying to trace down a TPMS system error.

Replaced all 4 TPMS sensors in all 4 wheels with the correct Motorcraft part number on the correct 433 Mhz frequency (per the VIN & part # from dealer)
Dealer handheld training device "sees" the sensors, yet the car itself does not, therefore the usual "training" them does not work.
Dealer wants to replace the Body Control Module at a cost of $1200 parts/labor, yet we are not getting any error codes aside from the TPMS fault when you start the car (and can clear by hitting OK button on steering wheel).
But, in researching the BCM, I came across a 433Mhz receiver that states it is used for keyless entry as well as TPMS receiver on some cars (used on multiple Ford products 2013-2016). Part # GD9Z-15607-E This part is only about $35.

So my question is: Does anyone know where this receiver is located on the 2015 Mustang GT? One diagram points to the back part of the car but I don't know if that means inside, underneath, or buried back there? Rear bumper was removed and repainted at some point. If it is located at the back of the car behind the bumper, I am wondering if it got damaged or not plugged back in and that is the reason for my TPMS error.

If you have any insight into the TPMS system or the BCM, or if my thinking is skewed, please feel free to jump in and assist.
Thanks
Charlie
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How are you putting the car into training mode?

were they flipping toggle switches or pumping the brake pedal and turning the car on/off? I’ve seen both methods described, and both indicated the car was in training mode, but only only one worked at all on my car (and continues to work)