Sponsored

GT vs. EB high performance for city driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I own several cars that serve several different purposes. A motorcycle when I want to feel the breeze. A boosted gt whan I want to go to the drag strip and destroy corny dudes. Who think they're fast. A lifted jeep for bad weather. A pickup to haul stuff. This is how grow ups do things. You keep going back to you drive your car 365 days a year. Like its a badge of honor. I dont want to drive the same damn thing 365. Now thats boring. So your not beating me at anything. Cause you cant haul a refrigerator like my pickup can. You can drive off road or thru a foot of snow. like my jeep can. And you sure aint beating my gt. Unless you wanna dodge little orange cones in a wallmart parking lot. You wanna beat your chest about your RS. Might wanna do it on a focus forum.
Hey, I have cars, trucks (yea, I can haul a refrigerator), and motorcycles for all occasions too. I don't drive either of my RS's every day but they are certainly capable in all weather. The only reason I brought the RS into the conversation is because someone said they had acceleration problems (which they do not).

By the way Mr. Grownup I think it's time to put the blue crayon away and maybe learn about spell check.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hey, I have cars, trucks (yea, I can haul a refrigerator), and motorcycles for all occasions too. I don't drive either of my RS's every day but they are certainly capable in all weather. The only reason I brought the RS into the conversation is because someone said they had acceleration problems (which they do not).

By the way Mr. Grownup I think it's time to put the blue crayon away and maybe learn about spell check.
Oh so now you dont drive the car ever day??? Make up your mind. Acceleration is just a matter of what your used to. Id say you definitely have acceleration problems. Considering I trap more in the 1/8 than your rs can in the 1/4! See..... everyone can play your game. Just pick the one thing your better at. And keep pointing it out. I gotta put you on ignore now charlie. If I was interested in a RS. I'd join a focus forum.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
emoticon-watching-a-movie.png
until the lock...

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that could make this thread better is if someone pointed out that the power difference was due to the two engines using a different weight oil..........................

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Entertaining thread. Haven't learned a whole lot but I've learned w3krn is everyone's huckleberry, and Bluebeast and Cosmic Charlie probably have too many vehicles. Just saying. Who needs a fucking vehicle for every possible scenario?

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Sheesh, some people are just too sensitive.....Not sure you really read my post or any posts in this thread, if you did, you would know I have only respect for owners of EB's and the platform itself. If anything, the sales of EB's pay the lion's share of improvements year over year for the Mustang.
You're initial reply to me was a counterpoint to a claim I never made and my second was a refute to that reply in which I used no inflammatory language or personal insults to you so you should examine your actions before you call people out on sensitivity.

I read your post which even further confuses me on why we're even having this conversation in the first place but you clearly misinterpreted or didn't read mine.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Entertaining thread. Haven't learned a whole lot but I've learned w3krn is everyone's huckleberry, and Bluebeast and Cosmic Charlie probably have too many vehicles. Just saying. Who needs a fucking vehicle for every possible scenario?
Its like owning a gun. Its better to have it and not need it. Then to need it and not have it. Just saying.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You're initial reply to me was a counterpoint to a claim I never made and my second was a refute to that reply in which I used no inflammatory language or personal insults to you so you should examine your actions before you call people out on sensitivity.

I read your post which even further confuses me on why we're even having this conversation in the first place but you clearly misinterpreted or didn't read mine.
errrrrr.....ok, let's just agree to disagree.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Oh come on now, this is just getting silly. Focus RS owners no more need to justify their purchases as GT350 owners. It's an awesome car. Honestly I think this thread needs a........

picture-id186348471?k=6&m=186348471&s=612x612&w=0&h=xMYHtcxPSPGBWBtipMVY_jpIGIsWb5H3E9t6CVY8tCk=.jpg
And yet, here they are comparing their RS to the GT with and without a tune...and with track times, in a thread that was meant to be the EB mustang Vs GT mustang.

So yes, they absolutely are trying to justify their purchase else this wouldn't have gotten so freaking derailed.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
@OP, For city driving, staying under 3500~4000 rpm at all times, the hpp will feel more torquey for the simple reason that the turbo spools up fairly quickly and youll feel the boost come on early. Car will be more nimble as well.
Premium for the EB is recommended so your not going to be saving much on fuel going the EB route.

Focus RS is irrelevant in this thread.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
"You are just too entertaining to turn off. I'm sorry you don't have the capacity to understand simple things like how a smaller diameter tire changes effective gearing and its effect on acceleration, or that the couple hundred additional pounds of a convertible over a coupe could effect acceleration.

I was replying to a comment that my poor underpowered 5.0 is so gutless you just possibly couldn't have any fun on the street with it, whereas this glorious Ecoboost (which I drove more than around the block) was so much more "torquey".

My point was …"

-snip-

"….I much prefer the Ecoboost over the 5.0 in my truck. But, I much prefer the 5.0 in my Mustang over the Ecoboost. The Mustang GT is a perfectly fine daily driver around town if you prefer a V8. If you would learn to shift through all the gears, maybe you wouldn't need all that extra torque.

Oh please continue to enlighten me!"

Bro, just admit that your post to me is a bunch of muddling BS.

You are a mess, and to come back and attack other member's who are using facts (ie: Ford Performance) as honest presentable comparisons, that are indeed different, but logical to talk about. And you are here babble about wheelsize and gearing, etc.... just to constantly thread-crap and create noise. Not to mention you have a habit of attacking people in turbo threads. It is ongoing with you and tiresome. They way you act in these turbo threads is disruptive. Constantly bashing and belittling people (in turbo threads). You can't help yourself.... THEN, you go off ranting about the sh!t you own and how you love your uber turbo truck because of low end, but wouldn't want that in your Mustang, bcz v8. (…?)

Look again at your own words. I can make people laugh at you all day long, when you respond to me with that^^ diatribe above.

Subsequently, YOUR personal preference does not sway, invalidate, illegitimize, make wrong, etc... other People's personal preference. And let me give you just one more dose of reality Silver Bullitt, nobody cares that you have a v8.

I apologize for feeding the troll, but I am not one to be stepped on.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Oh so now you dont drive the car ever day??? Make up your mind. Acceleration is just a matter of what your used to. Id say you definitely have acceleration problems. Considering I trap more in the 1/8 than your rs can in the 1/4! See..... everyone can play your game. Just pick the one thing your better at. And keep pointing it out. I gotta put you on ignore now charlie. If I was interested in a RS. I'd join a focus forum.
Are you interested in the RS engine..? How about one that is destressed and with less frictional losses...?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.