Sponsored

10R80 Transmission

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have the modes and I use all of them, depending on weather, traffic, how much gas I feel like using, etc. Porsche has launch control and it is extremely effective.
With 10 speeds you dont need launch control since you just rip the tires loose immediately if you want since first gear is so short, you just need foot control and some practice, or good tires. Obviously there is less traction than a rear engine car though.

Here was some of the hype over the 10 speed transmission when it first came out :

"With world-class shift times on par with the world’s best dual-clutch transmissions and the refinement that comes only from a true automatic, the 10-speed delivers incomparable performance on and off the track,”

• "Quicker shifts than a dual-clutch transmission – Testing has shown faster upshift times than the Porsche PDK dual-clutch transmission. In fact, the 1-2 upshift is 36-percent quicker than the PDK, while the 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are 27-percent and 26-percent quicker, respectively."
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm...ages/news/us/en/2016/may/0511-10speed-gm.html

Anyway I suggest paddle shifting, its what I prefer I couldnt deal with the shift schedules either but I love paddling it.
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I have owned both. The DSG is a fragile nightmare. My 10r80 IMO shifts just as good or quicker. Not really notable difference.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have owned both. The DSG is a fragile nightmare. My 10r80 IMO shifts just as good or quicker. Not really notable difference.
DSG also have that horrible hesitation if you have been holding it on the brake and then need to pull away, Powershift don't have it.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my 2018 A10 reflashed at the dealer with the updated software. Huge improvement in shift quality and no more lunging from reverse to drive. And yes, the drag mode is insane.....just toggle up and hold onto the wheel! YOUTUBE star Stangmode continues to drag race his A10 with no failures after 100+ passes. Pretty impressive!
Wasnt aware of an update. How do you know if you need an update? Dealership near me doesn't like doing anything so their default answer is always "you don't need it"
Sponsored