Sponsored

Dear Ford, I want my 895 dollars back.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Man Ford has had issues with "premium" stereos. I remember back in the day was same thing with the Mach 440 stereo. It sucked and then they made it about possible to change due to it ran on some funky voltage which required changing out the entire system wires and all if I remember correctly. Now this much Hyped B and O. I mean seriously the stereo in my 2007 focus with 4 crap speakers and a replacement walmart pioneer head unit that was 80 bucks sounds better. It just works. my bluetooth connects automatically and right to pandora with me not even taking it out of my pocket of doing anything with wires.

I think the new sync stuff is overboard makes everything take longer and is more complicated. And I'm sorry the B and O system does not sound that great. I could have spent half as much and replaced a base system and had better sound. If I leave it on regular I can definitely tell the bass (i'm not a rap or hip hop bass person to be clear I like rock and mostly non bass oriented music) is coming for the back corner and sounds like its in a box. And if you leave the car running and music on and then go open your trunk it sounds like the subwoofer is dying trying to keep up. Putting it in surround mode helps blend it out but then all the music sounds sorta wispy and washed out.

I'M just highly disappointed for the cost. And yes I tried it out at dealer but how much can you really play with it? You are more focused on the car itself at the time. It's not till you get your music and play with the settings and all that you get a feel for the stereo. Short of replacing the whole system what low cost options did any of you do to make it sound better?

I know it is all perspective. People coming from less than premium stereos will think this sounds great but those of us coming from other cars with premium stereos ... well this really ain't worth 895 dollars.

I saw that Video where B and O were all proud and they claimed they designed the system to work with the harmonics of the car and blah blah blah.. The people got in and were all wow this is amazing. Oh my go best stereo I have ever heard.... I think they forgot to put that one in my car.

I have used a thumb drive with 320kb mp3s and that helps a bit over compressed music from pandora or spotify. But it is still lacking.

Anyone made a mp3 file structure on a optical disk and see if that helps any? I wouldn't think so over a thumb drive but our cd players do play mp3 file structures from a disk so was curious if worth the hassle.
Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
What vehicle did you come from before? I know in other Ford/Lincoln vehicles that use the B&O system, the speakers get rave reviews from auto vloggers. I haven't heard much positive or negative about the system in the Mustang.

I did enjoy the shaker system in my 2011 Mustang Premium.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The days of low cost highly functional head units are over. Everything aftermarket available for the mustang is barely functional and costs 5 times as much as a good old pioneer deck. It’s a shame cause stereo’s used to be one of my favorite mods to a car and now it’s just shit that costs more than it should and you’ll be lucky to find one that works for more than a year.

19GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
I’ve had 3 blown B&O speakers.. 2 of them happened at the same exact time. I don’t listen to music super loud, max volume I go is 18-20. I wouldn’t say it’s the best sounding system but it isn’t the worst. But I could have definitely spent the $895 on a much better system. I wouldn’t buy it again.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I thought the shaker system sounded great in the parking lot. now that i own it and use it its lacking. BUT it was already on the car. If i ordered a car it wouldnt have come with it. I hardly ever listen to music while driving.. maybe on long trips. Decades ago i was into all the radio upgrades and sound comps. but that was such a waste of money for me. never recoup 1/3 of the cost and stuff gets out dated so much so fast. Granted nothing wrong with some of the old stuff, they seem way better built then the new garbage thats out now. I had Alpine amps and stinger and fosgate wiring and rockford amps diamond and other components i just left on the curb when i moved that sat in a box for 9+ years. i posted the stuff on marketplace and craigslist and not a hit and it was damn near free. soundstream reference 705s for 25$ and no one wanted it.. so just left it.

Now i fiddle with the settings hoping it will sound better. gave up and just left it alone and if/when a good song comes on ill turn it up. usually my fiance is riding along and so its down low so we can have a conversation without yelling over the radio. I read rave reviews about the B&O and now i seee more and more speaking out like you did OP on its not that great.

Read somewhere that adding a .... Alpine???... center speaker helps tremendously on the oem radio. i may try that.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an ecoboost with the base stereo , first thing I did was rip all the factory speakers and replace them with Kickers, huge improvement right off the bat.

Second thing I did was rip out the crappy 4" base sync unit and replaced it with a 8' tomtop unit with nav, installed it myself.

I use 1 memory stick loaded with 320kbps mp3s for music and 1 memory stick for music videos both plugged into their own usb port.

TC
8-Car-MP5-Player-Radio-GPS-Navi-2Din.jpg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I like Sync and Android auto, but I am not impressed by the B&O speakers. My previous car had BOSE in it and that didn't impress me either. I DID like the Mach system in my 2003 Mach1. I am not an audiophole, but to me none of these "high end" systems are just.. good sounding, but they seem to get great reviews. I have no idea why.

I guess that's fine with me as usually I have the audio low to hear my car anyway.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The speaker quality in my 16 premium sounded pretty good. I think the low end, especially the bass, sounds better in my 14 though. I've had fairly good experiences with cars with Shaker audio systems. I haven't felt a need to go aftermarket, which is rare for me.

The MP3s on my phone are all 320 kbps though. Second to lossless audio. The audio quality of your songs can have an impact as well.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I am very pleased with my B&O system. I thought it was much improved once I set it into "Surround" mode instead of Stereo.

Mike702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
I'm a little disappointed with the B&O as well.

First time in the car my GF says "it doesn't sound that good." :frown:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'm a little disappointed with the B&O as well.

First time in the car my GF says "it doesn't sound that good." :frown:
Yeah my girlfriend was the same. Her little rockford fosgate 4 speaker system in her Nissan Juke sounds better.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I am very pleased with my B&O system. I thought it was much improved once I set it into "Surround" mode instead of Stereo.
Yes I have to agree with surround mode. Makes it sound much better. Still not great but better.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I have used a thumb drive with 320kb mp3s and that helps a bit over compressed music from pandora or spotify. But it is still lacking.

Anyone made a mp3 file structure on a optical disk and see if that helps any? I wouldn't think so over a thumb drive but our cd players do play mp3 file structures from a disk so was curious if worth the hassle.
If it's the same file it will sound the same regardless of what media it's read from.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 16 premium Sync 3 with 9 speakers, and a vast improvement was made by clipping the center speaker, fading the the front passenger seat (fader front balance right).

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
the b&0 is night and day better than stock though....

wont hold a light to any of the aftermarket stuff.
Sponsored