Sponsored

10 speed auto trans not going in gear

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi I have a 2019 GT convertible 10 speed auto. I bought it as a CPO at 25000 miles. Just recently put another 1000 on it, love the car.

Today when taking off at a stop light, I stepped on the gas and the engine just revs and the car seemed to be in neutral. I then let off the gas and checked that I was indeed in D. Then I pressed gas again and it took off. Then I drove home no problem. I even put it in S and shifted through all the gears nothing seemed wrong.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I know from reading forum that it's normal for the transmission to take a couple of seconds to shift from R to D. But I was in D the whole time while waiting at the red light. I was scared that the car's transmission went out on me and I was slipping, but fingers crossed hope this doesn't happen again.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Hi I have a 2019 GT convertible 10 speed auto. I bought it as a CPO at 25000 miles. Just recently put another 1000 on it, love the car.

Today when taking off at a stop light, I stepped on the gas and the engine just revs and the car seemed to be in neutral. I then let off the gas and checked that I was indeed in D. Then I pressed gas again and it took off. Then I drove home no problem. I even put it in S and shifted through all the gears nothing seemed wrong.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I know from reading forum that it's normal for the transmission to take a couple of seconds to shift from R to D. But I was in D the whole time while waiting at the red light. I was scared that the car's transmission went out on me and I was slipping, but fingers crossed hope this doesn't happen again.
This has happened to me. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing. I had no idea how to replicate it for them. They said to keep an eye on it.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I had this happen a few times on my 19, slowing down to 5mph or less turning and give it a lil gas and nothing. Only in normal mode. Just assumed it was me or I was losing my mind. I figured it was me just being out of it or not paying enough attention at the time.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Mine has done this also, but not in normal mode its only when I have it in sport mode and only when the car is cold. I just leave it in normal until its warm and it seems ok.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had this recently happen to me. It was at the drag strip shortly after pulling away from getting my timeslip from the booth after making a pass. The car was in Drag Mode and in D when it happened. Going less than 5mph.

OP
OP

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Wow okay so it's not just me. By the way I drove it to work this morning, transmission shifted perfect. Nothing wrong with it. I will just assumed it was a software glitch.
Thanks for all your reply, I will keep an eye on it and mention it to my dealer when I am there for the next oil change.
Sponsored