Sponsored

How many winter drivers

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Blizzaks going on in a few weeks, always use rain/snow mode if roads are wet/snow covered.
Strong username to forum post topic ratio.
Sponsored

xmadror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ecoboost
I'm in Canada/Québec near Montréal and this is going to be my 2nd winter with my '17 ebm.
Handles great in the snow (with proper snow tires) and it's very easy to predict how the car will react and keep it under control.
I usually keep traction control off in the city (lower speed) but turn it on when going faster.

I hated every fwd car I had for winter (no awd experience) and I've always loved rwd car for winter and most of them didn't even have any traction control.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I don't think salt is a problem for modern cars. They're much better designed than they used to be to protect against it.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I drive mine in the winter - it's better than the S2000! If it snows or is salty I either avoid driving and work from home, or drive my Toyota T100.
Heated seats are very nice for cold weather in the mustang.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Drive mine all year as well in Colorado. More snow coming this week!
Hope you dodge the hail storms okay. I don't live there but work has me in the springs often enough to make it a second home. LOVE Colorado! I was there for 3 months at the start of this year and saw plenty of cars with hail damage from the bad storm a bit ago.

And I have winter wheels/tires on the car now and will drive it nice and easy in any snow.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I drive all Winter long on Summer tires.
^^^ this, but it takes a little time for the tires to warm up and get any decent traction on really cold days.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Right here. Keep the MPS tires year 'round.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Here in south-east Michigan (Detroit-Ann Arbor) we average about 42 inches of snow over the entire winter.
This will be my first winter with a Mustang, I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season (265/35R20). Does anyone have winter experience with those tires?
I am not planning on getting "snow" tires. My plan is if more than 3 inches of snow, I will work from home.

It has been about 34 years since I drove a rear-wheel drive car in the snow, and I did not have any traction control or stability control back then.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Here in south-east Michigan (Detroit-Ann Arbor) we average about 42 inches of snow over the entire winter.
This will be my first winter with a Mustang, I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season (265/35R20). Does anyone have winter experience with those tires?
I am not planning on getting "snow" tires. My plan is if more than 3 inches of snow, I will work from home.

It has been about 34 years since I drove a rear-wheel drive car in the snow, and I did not have any traction control or stability control back then.
Tires are everything. Your car weighs 3800-4000 lbs, with plenty of weight over the rear wheels. You'll be fine unless you drive like a moron. 3" of snow shouldn't bother you in the least bit.

And TC/SC at times is something you don't need interfering in the winter months. Especially if you're a bit stuck in deeper snow.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
3 winters on Blizzaks and soon to be 4. Go easy on the pedals and the steering wheel and it's fine, better than most cars were in snow 40 years ago.

38084713035_ca455c3d47_b.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Does anyone worry about getting high centered in the snow in their Mustang? There isn't lots of clearance. On the positive side, you can plow snow for a little while until it freezes and then you start to scrape your undercarriage.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Does anyone worry about getting high centered in the snow in their Mustang? There isn't lots of clearance. On the positive side, you can plow snow for a little while until it freezes and then you start to scrape your undercarriage.
LOOOOL!!!!

No. Really, these cars aren't low stock.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Luckily our drain pans aren't plastic.....oh wait....
Sponsored