Sponsored

2019 passenger rattle noise

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How do you fix this? Mine starting rattling from this area (I thought it was the seat-back release click on the back of the seat). It doesn't rattle when the seat is in a forward position but once it's locked into place it rattles. If I lightly smack the back of the seat it'll do it.
Yep - the TED or harnesses to it rattles. The unit is located at the rear upper seat back (within the perforated section). You can feel it, it’s a small square module about 3”x3”. The harnesses run down the back side of the seat under the upholstery.

To do it right, the front seats have to come out from the car. After removing the seat, you will have to either loosen the upholstery OR remove it enough from the upper seat back to perform the fix. I don’t know how the TEDs or harnesses are attached in the 2018-19’s, because something is different in these seats as opposed to the 2015-17’s to have such an obsessive rattle (mine does it too). My prior 2016 never had such a noise in either seat.

You will need to resource zip ties and probably felt backed tape depending on what is needed to silence the dang rattle or secure the TED and/or the harnesses better.

I have to do this myself just have not had the time yet to tear it down... it’s an annoying noise for sure.

It’s been a while since I owned my prior 2016, BUT I think you will find this thread helpful which has images of the TEDs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cooled-seats-not-cooling.23384/

OR this thread that contains images and user write ups on how to remove the upholstery which will allow access to the TEDs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-cloth-removal-and-leather-install.30323/

If you do attempt it, post up pics and info it will help others!
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well that sucks, maybe I'll just sacrifice a goat and hope the sound magically stops.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just had a nasty rattle develop after a good clean of the interior. It was driving me nuts, but when I leaned over (put my hand on the passenger seat) to check the glove box, it vanished, but then returned as soon as I lifted off. I have the pp1 base so no fancy seats. I stuck my hand underneath and felt a connector, with nothing plugged in, that seemed loose. I didn't feel like yanking it so I just moved the passenger seat forward about 2 inches (it was all the way back) and the rattle went away.

TL;DR
If the rattle is coming from your seat trying moving it back and forth to see if it stops.

EDIT: I want to clarify that the rattle sounded like it was coming from the glove box area. I would have never pinpointed it to the seat if not by accident.

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
i have the same little rattle coming from some where in the dash area. sounds like its directly behind the silver trim piece over the glove box. my fiance cant pin point it either. we have tried putting pressure on things here and there and no change. It drives me crazy. hot or cold doesn't seem to matter. I don't recall it happening before i installed the Magnaflow exhaust. it only does it when its rougher roads. not issues when its smooth and different RPM doesn't effect it, i chalked it up from the drone of the exhaust. but sounds exactly like the op video.

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I think those rattles with the seat are different from what myself and the original poster are experiencing. This rattle seems to only be around when it's cold or cooler out and completely disappears in the heat.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The passenger seat TED rattling is driving me absolutely insane. I'm going to pull the seat out this week and see what I can do...

Socal_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP FBO E85 (Sold) 2019 Mustang GT PP
I Experienced the same rattle and was able to replicate it by messing with the passenger seat. I Found that when i pushed on the seat it would make a noise. After moving the seat forward the rattle goes away.... really wierd

OP
OP
chupes.S550

chupes.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Update I got tired of hearing the noise took it in to the dealer ship Monday

OP
OP
chupes.S550

chupes.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I have the same issue, been trying to hunt it down ever since without any luck. There's some metallic rattle noise coming near the glove box area but couldn't pinpoint it and there's slight rattle noise from passenger seat. If i press hard on the passenger seat with my hand, it goes away :headbang:
I have figure was exactly wrong with this car

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I put felt all over the passenger side a pillar and main dash, still there. Driving me insane.

Anyone found anything yet?

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
How's that for cryptic? :giggle:

OP
OP
chupes.S550

chupes.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
How's that for cryptic? :giggle:
I circle them sorry don’t know what they are called so they have Electric tape holding them so that he dries up and obviously it doeElectric tape holding them so that he dries up and obviously it doesn’t hold up.
F124F618-11A9-4890-B218-19B70F2D7850.jpeg
Sponsored