You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good Marcus. It's been a long time sir, so I'm confused as to what state you actually live in now?
I lost your phone number during my phone swap so I figured I'd check in to see how you and Jaime have been doing. Maybe we can get together to see Jaime's new beast at some point.
I just replied to you on my build thread stating the same lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Looking good man. Hows that light output of that reverse light?
Appreciate that bud! The brake light is decent, nothing too wild. Reverse is actually pretty bright- brighter than my stock setup with just an LED bulb.
i-PLhsp94-L.jpg

Looking good Marcus. It's been a long time sir, so I'm confused as to what state you actually live in now?
I lost your phone number during my phone swap so I figured I'd check in to see how you and Jaime have been doing. Maybe we can get together to see Jaime's new beast at some point.
I just replied to you on my build thread stating the same lol
Yeah we definitely need to set something up. See how fast that new Shelby is lol
Dave I'll text you in the AM so you've got my number again. Tell me you switched over to the iPhone crowd? So the car is just an "out of state registration". VT is one of the few states that does not require residency or anything to reg your car. Now I just don't need to worry about MA emissions and my yearly reg fees are like half what they were in Mass. This car will never pass emissions.... ever :cwl:

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Kind of forgot about this thing... Should probably put some updates on here. Warning... it's a long one.

So after the holidays, I started with something simple: Addressing the ugly coolant tank cap. Turned out to be a little less simple than expected. UPRs billet cover is, obviously, designed for the OE cap. Procharger's coolant cap is actually a very different ID than this, so you can't use the stocker.

i-HFJD67T-X3.jpg

i-kvZtpXN-X3.jpg

i-PNbVc97-X3.jpg

Also went ahead and finally got AirLift's height sensors in.

i-3j3s3Rn-X3.jpg

i-CV6X6XB-X3.jpg

i-NmNphbG-X3.jpg

And upgraded the rear bags to the new metal base design and recoated the brackets for them

i-8NRx5bs-X3.jpg

i-B2rLpT2-X3.jpg

With the battery now being in the trunk and the wiring tuck up front, I wanted a better way to charge (and jump if needed) the car. Constantly having the trunk open to charge isn't exactly convenient or well thought-out. Not to mention if the battery ever dies jumping the thing would be a total pain in the ass. Came up with a tucked away and hidden "charging port".

i-GJd7rjJ-X2.jpg

i-rPDLx54-X2.jpg

Going back to the Air Lift system- decided to try my hand at a hardline setup.
i-3pc6tBL-X3.jpg

i-VpZRr3B-XL.jpg

i-kLdhBk6-XL.jpg

i-fmM3ntK-XL.jpg

i-k2vdFZ3-XL.jpg

i-3MsLtwR-XL.jpg

Decided to change out the carbon on the door handle- just didn't like it. Added the carbon window switch and door handle bezel to balance out the look

i-4kP4JbW-XL.jpg

i-NB9m8xC-XL.jpg

And since a new season is about here, it was time for a new look...

i-PjN6FxR-L.jpg

New GT500 style front end. Like everything, though, it needed something to set it apart from the rest. Took the front winglets and gave them some carbon treatment. Should make it different from any other 500 out there, while also matching the carbon fender vents.

i-Q78V9KX-XL.jpg

i-66f4jKp-X2.jpg

To keep with the style of winglets up front, finally picked up some Cervini Stalker side-skirts. Quick cleaned them, scuffed them and hit them with some texture coat and trim black to match factory.

i-n6sCmqK-XL.jpg

i-sKvnv2c-L.jpg

i-vjpzqgZ-XL.jpg

And to finish it up on the back- I picked up some cheap winglets and did those in carbon, too. These were a little tricky to do since they weren't totally flat and even... so the final result wasn't perfect, but still pretty good.

i-HsbmqFZ-XL.jpg

i-9bjkp4j-XL.jpg

To add a final touch to the new fascia, I decided to retain the 50th Anniversary styling of the car and make a custom grille.

i-TrdXwsn-L.jpg

i-Khhx3tr-L.jpg

And finally a test fit... Almost done...

i-6x6LqTJ-XL.jpg

i-J596fdW-XL.jpg

i-PJ8QNRR-XL.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Always inventing Wazowski, always inventing.....

Seriously, nice work buddy, I can't wait to see it in person.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Its great to see you enthusiasm hasn't waned. Looking Great!!!! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Always inventing Wazowski, always inventing.....

Seriously, nice work buddy, I can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks bud! Looking forward to getting the cars together again this season

Its great to see you enthusiasm hasn't waned. Looking Great!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I have my moments where I don't want to bother with it at all- and then I get bored and have to do something lol

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Where do you get your materials for carbon wrapping? I'm thinking of trying it out myself.
I got the carbon from Innovative Composites. Roll of raw carbon isn't really expensive. Just need a good ultra clear resin and a lot of free time

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Dude, seriously the nicest build I've seen. Quick question though, I am planning on getting the 3P Airlift Suspension kit in a few weeks and was wondering what your alignment numbers were? Did you ever install any longer upper control arms or new adjustable toe links to get the alignment right? Everything is stock for me at the moment suspension wise and its a DD so just trying to keep things simple with it. You're a huge inspiration, thanks for all the great ideas!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Dude, seriously the nicest build I've seen. Quick question though, I am planning on getting the 3P Airlift Suspension kit in a few weeks and was wondering what your alignment numbers were? Did you ever install any longer upper control arms or new adjustable toe links to get the alignment right? Everything is stock for me at the moment suspension wise and its a DD so just trying to keep things simple with it. You're a huge inspiration, thanks for all the great ideas!
Thanks dude! Umm, it was a while ago when I did the Air Lift install, but it was on an otherwise entirely stock "alignment" suspension (nothing like adjustable toe links, etc). Was able to get it aligned without needing any other components. Don't remember what the specs were, but they were within OE. Now, I have every aftermarket suspension piece and a fairly aggressive alignment for track/handling... but I can PM you that sheet if you'd like. Hope that helps

Sponsored

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks dude! Umm, it was a while ago when I did the Air Lift install, but it was on an otherwise entirely stock "alignment" suspension (nothing like adjustable toe links, etc). Was able to get it aligned without needing any other components. Don't remember what the specs were, but they were within OE. Now, I have every aftermarket suspension piece and a fairly aggressive alignment for track/handling... but I can PM you that sheet if you'd like. Hope that helps
Thanks for the response brother, yeah if you could PM that sheet it would be so helpful. But take your time there is no rush.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Quick couple pieces I forgot in the last update...

Since I run water in the car (w/ Purple Ice), I flush it seasonally. Picked up an EZ Drain to make the job simpler. What an awesome piece- always the stupid things that entertain me the most. Can put a hose right on it and drain into a bucket or whatever at the simple flip of a lever. Will be adding one to the oil pan, too.

i-vSjVthG-X2.jpg

i-HgwMbhQ-X2.jpg

And remembered the gauge bracket for the dash I had sitting in the roll cart. Ditching the PP dash gauges (because who cares about vacuum) and moving my Snow boost/meth gauge there as well as a Zeitronix ethanol one. Swapping the ones in the dash pod to all Elite series so I can continue to match MyColor.

i-M63MsfW-XL.jpg

And a little stop to help all the go...
i-BwgZz6C-X2.jpg

But, the most important thing- she's out! Yesterday was so nice, the car needed to come out of hibernation and see some daylight. I'm really happy with the new look.

i-3WdXmVN-X4.jpg

View attachment 444429
i-QmqncvV-X4.jpg

i-QZxVnSb-X4.jpg

i-4JpsRMG-X4.jpg

i-j9Gj7xQ-X4.jpg

i-3h5N62h-X4.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0