Sponsored

What's a valve cover/do I want the dealership touching it?

OP
OP
torqued

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds to me like the service department at your dealership is trying to drum up some warranty work and get Ford to pay for it. Wouldn't be the first time...
That's what I think too. They've made it sound like the extension neck and the valve cover is all one molded piece. So to get one they get to replace the other, and all the labor that goes along with that. Grr.

Today I'm thinking it makes more sense that the extension neck would logically come with the engine cover, since without that you don't need any extension. It would look stupid with a neck sticking up for nothing, so I'm doubting it comes with the valve cover.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They've made it sound like the extension neck and the valve cover is all one molded piece. So to get one they get to replace the other, and all the labor that goes alongdoubting it comes with the valve cover.
Call a Ford dealer parts department and see if they can just order the filler neck piece you're missing. It could be the only way to get that part is to order the the valve cover. Ford does some weird stuff like that with parts sometimes.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Throw out the engine cover. Don't need oil filler neck either. Drive it. Enjoy.
Sponsored