Rev limit but gauges not flashing red

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
During some very nice back country driving this weekend I had many opportunities on some wide open roads to get heavy on the gas. One time I hit the rev limit in first gear as I took off from a standstill. I was paying attention to the road in front of me and not the tach. Immediately realized my timing error and quickly shifted it into 2nd and third and was flying at that point. What surprised me was how fast it got up to rev limit. What disappointed me was the fact the gauges did not flash red to warn me. I thought this was standard? I have a 301A equipped car with Mycolor gauges. This drive was during the day and the gauge color remained white during my brief flirt with the danger zone. Are there any Forscan hacks that can turn on this feature?
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I have a 301A car too & it flashes red but it seemed to me they did it more when I floored (gas pedal firmly on the floorboards) it than just at the rev limiter. I let off one time when it went red & I was only between 6000-6500 RPM. I could be mistaken on what I'm saying about when it flashed but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. But a 301A car should do it for sure.

aparkins30

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've wondered the same, I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen it during the day though, or if it's only a standard feature at night? I've seen it for sure at night, but don't recall ever seeing it during daylight.

Was yours night driving?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've wondered the same, I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen it during the day though, or if it's only a standard feature at night? I've seen it for sure at night, but don't recall ever seeing it during daylight.

Was yours night driving?
It should flash red no matter day or night. I was driving during the day.

@Qcman17, yours as an auto, mine is a manual. That shouldn't matter but it makes more sense to have this feature on a manual.

@2017GBGTPP, I will have to try changing the headlight mode. I keep mine on auto. I will try turning the headlights on manually during the day and see if that makes a difference.

Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
It should flash red no matter day or night. I was driving during the day.

@Qcman17, yours as an auto, mine is a manual. That shouldn't matter but it makes more sense to have this feature on a manual.

@2017GBGTPP, I will have to try changing the headlight mode. I keep mine on auto. I will try turning the headlights on manually during the day and see if that makes a difference.
I keep mine on auto as well. The problem with running headlights during the day is that the gauges dim and become difficult to see.

Mine is a 2017, so I don't know if the feature is different on the 18+.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I keep mine on auto as well. The problem with running headlights during the day is that the gauges dim and become difficult to see.

Mine is a 2017, so I don't know if the feature is different on the 18+.
Right, I didn't think about the dash dimming with headlight activation.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
When you say rev limit, do you mean 7500 rpm? Because the rev limit was increased from 7000 to 7500 rpm in 2018, however Canadian market GT's still show a 7000 rpm redline on the tach.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
When you say rev limit, do you mean 7500 rpm? Because the rev limit was increased from 7000 to 7500 rpm in 2018, however Canadian market GT's still show a 7000 rpm redline on the tach.
Yes. I mistakenly took it all the way up to 7500 then the limiter kicked in and power was cut.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So i just tested this out, even during the day with the lights on the MyColor and red tac don't work. It only works at night.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. That's so dumb that it only does this at night. We are supposed to only rev our cars after dark I guess.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for taking the time to do this. That's so dumb that it only does this at night. We are supposed to only rev our cars after dark I guess.
You can set a visual, audible, or vibration to notify you of the shift point that you set. it's in the settings.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Don't know if my gt has this option but my 14 Shelby did.you had the option of an audible sound and dash flash at whatever rpm want.so you could set it at 7000 to give you a heads up when your nearing 7500.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Don't know if my gt has this option but my 14 Shelby did.you had the option of an audible sound and dash flash at whatever rpm want.so you could set it at 7000 to give you a heads up when your nearing 7500.
Found something in the manual under "Information Displays". There is an option for "Performance Shift Indicator" accessible by pressing the Pony Button. You can change the shift point, shift tone, and shift light mode. This has a note that says "Note: The menu options for Performance Shift Indicator, Launch Control, and Rev Match are for manual transmissions only"

I don't know if the 301A cars have this option. I need to dig into the menus. My gut feeling is this is only on the premium models and again, that would be a stupid thing for Ford to do.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just went through the menus. Nowhere is there any option for the shift indicator on my 301A equipped car. This should be standard on any manual perf pack car regardless of trim level but alas no.
Sponsored