2019 mustang gt pp1 mt82 blown motor

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
So I work for ford, and have owned many mustangs, I purchased my current 2019 mustang gt pp1 in july and have a little over 6,000 miles, the car developed extreme clanking in the motor that sounds like piston slap, Its crazy loud and im positive the motors bad, its not the tick or one of my many other noises thats normal on these. It sounds like a roller coaster when you are going up and its coming from the motor and magnifying out of the exhaust. Im so frustrated. I guess I will push for a buy back, the line tech has it back their now looking at it. Any of you guys that have been through this recently have any advice?
Sponsored

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
So I work for ford, and have owned many mustangs, I purchased my current 2019 mustang gt pp1 in july and have a little over 6,000 miles, the car developed extreme clanking in the motor that sounds like piston slap, Its crazy loud and im positive the motors bad, its not the tick or one of my many other noises thats normal on these. It sounds like a roller coaster when you are going up and its coming from the motor and magnifying out of the exhaust. Im so frustrated. I guess I will push for a buy back, the line tech has it back their now looking at it. Any of you guys that have been through this recently have any advice?
Have you had the oil changed yet? Do you know if the engine was filled to proper 10 gallon spec? Let us know what they find. Good luck with the buyback.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Give the process a chance to work. Document everything.

OP
OP
james5.0

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
Have you had the oil changed yet? Do you know if the engine was filled to proper 10 gallon spec? Let us know what they find. Good luck with the buyback.
I had the oil changed by the dealer I purchased it at a little before 5,000 miles, I would like to think they did it properly but who knows.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I had the oil changed by the dealer I purchased it at a little before 5,000 miles, I would like to think they did it properly but who knows.
A lot of dealerships were only putting in 8 quarts, and with oil consumption on a new engine, you could have been running on a very low oil level.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
8 quarts isn't going to kill your engine in any way, unless you're driving it upside down. 10 quarts is just a way to increase change intervals and perhaps keep depth at pickup under high-G above some minimum level instead of doing a better job with slosh-control. Piston slap, in general is a subtle sound, not something loud and banging.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I work for ford, and ....any advice?
I feel like youd know better than all of us man. My thought is why get frustrated, cars under warranty thats fords problem not yours.

Drive the piss out of it and let them fix it. No big deal

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Isn't the piston slap issue caused by ford changing the cylinder liners on the 18+ cars?

Either way you have a warranty for a reason enjoy the car they will,take care of u bud

OP
OP
james5.0

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
I feel like youd know better than all of us man. My thought is why get frustrated, cars under warranty thats fords problem not yours.

Drive the piss out of it and let them fix it. No big deal[/QUOTE
Mine sounded like this but ceratec fixed it. Worth giving ceratec a try, get 2 bottles and add to your oil.

I hope it’s something small I’m now riding in a 2020 escape loaner which really sucks , I’ll never buy that noise being ok or normal , imo the different oil is just covering a larger problem ,mine sounds a bit worse than that. I will know a lot more tomorrow.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I hope it’s something small I’m now riding in a 2020 escape loaner which really sucks , I’ll never buy that noise being ok or normal , imo the different oil is just covering a larger problem ,mine sounds a bit worse than that. I will know a lot more tomorrow.
I have put over 10k miles on it since that video and its running great, I just add 2 bottles of ceratec every oil change. If ceratec didnt work I would have had it bought back too since that noise was not acceptable to me, but ceratec worked and it runs great.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If there is audible “clanking” then there’s def an internal issue. Hard to say if it would be top end or bottom at this point, but i would think it a bottom end issue from the brief description.

Did it sound like pots and pans being banged together?
Sponsored