OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Incorrect...doesn't matter what springs you have, that doesn't change the wheel to strut clearance on this type of front suspension. Digital_Syn's example is very valid to the topic if he's rolling the same wheels. If the wheels are the issue, it will rub on lowering springs AND if you swap back in your stock springs. Camber changes can be done at top strut mount with various methods... you can change all the camber you want there and still not change tire distance from strut body. To change tire to strut body clearance on front to fix rubbing you have to change the angle where the strut mounts to the spindle at the bottom.

i guess cars do fly these days. :doh:
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Adjusting the camber via camber bolts could cause this issue. Conversely if somehow the stock strut to spindle bolt holes got ovaled or the stock bolts were loose (this could cause holes to oval) it could cause a tire to strut clearance issue.

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
as Terminator said, if you change anything at the spindle to strut connection points, via camber bolts, oval/slotting holes in the strut, whatever...then you can change tire to strut distance... changing camber via the top mounts does nothing for tire clearance.

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
i guess cars do fly these days. :doh:
This isn't that hard to get bud... spring height has nothing to do with strut to tire clearance. Go back and look at the suspension illustration, do what I said earlier in the thread in regards to actual mechanic work, and fix your tire clearance issues without need for spacers. Otherwise just keep running spacers and don't worry about it. There is usually more than one solution to most problems.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I wonder what's the resolution for OP's issue? I am running the same wheels on the same springs but with 285/35/19 Potenza RE-11 and I have about 5mm left of tire to strut body clearance. No spacers.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I wonder what's the resolution for OP's issue? I am running the same wheels on the same springs but with 285/35/19 Potenza RE-11 and I have about 5mm left of tire to strut body clearance. No spacers.
Im curious as well actually.

Well i've done the same setup plus 5 mm spacers front and back and used a 305/345 tire combo no issues on springs.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I added 3mm spacers and fixed the problem. It was happening only when I turned my wheel going over bumps. Maybe it was the base GT struts but is been a while and I have got threw 20+ different setups and it is just fine. I am running 12mm spacer all around with custom arp studs.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I added 3mm spacers and fixed the problem. It was happening only when I turned my wheel going over bumps. Maybe it was the base GT struts but is been a while and I have got threw 20+ different setups and it is just fine. I am running 12mm spacer all around with custom arp studs.
very nice, thanks for the update.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Offset?

+40 or less should be fine.
Sponsored