Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You can effectively YouTube resonator delete H pipe with muffler deletes, and there are a ton of those videos out there. The only difference will be the reduced drone from the J pipes, which you really won't hear on a typical start up, rev video.
I see. Makes sense
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
h pipe with solo axle back combo videos will be hard to find. Solo's are 3 inch piping, and finding 3 inch H pipes off the shelf will be hard to find. The few companies that have them sell as part of their catback systems. Its been awhile since I researched exhaust, but I couldn't find one when I needed one.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
h pipe with solo axle back combo videos will be hard to find. Solo's are 3 inch piping, and finding 3 inch H pipes off the shelf will be hard to find. The few companies that have them sell as part of their catback systems. Its been awhile since I researched exhaust, but I couldn't find one when I needed one.
Their axle back alone is made to connect to the factory 2.5 so it should fit the h pipes on the market.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Their axle back alone is made to connect to the factory 2.5 so it should fit the h pipes on the market.
i ran the resonated magnaflow x from cjpp with the solo axle back. you are correct. you just cut and clamp the h-pipe like you would any other install, same for the axle back.

i thought there was a black gt on youtube that did that and it was very very loud. likely sounds similar to the solo race but maybe a bit less raspy.

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone welded in race bullets/resonators after the thunder resonator? To drop the volume a bit, not as much, (both in cost and volume) as the xv?

I realise this might be a dead thread, but figure someone is still checking on it.

Sponsored

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I recorded a couple of video clips of my new exhaust setup: Mach XV Axle Back with the Magnaflow Tru-X X-Pipe. The clips were recorded with a microphone mounted on the rear license plate frame.

Couldn’t really be happier. I was worried that the axle back would be a little loud since it has literally no mufflers. It’s totally acceptable, I have a clip of driving through a neighborhood that has speed bumps as well one of the ultimate test - driving behind a cop car. I felt totally ok behind the cop car, it’s fairly civilized around town.

Last edited:

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I bought a gently used solo Cyclone from a member on this board and couldn’t be happier. It’s perfect. Aggressive AF yet just quiet enough in 6th gear to still hear my music
Sponsored