Sponsored

Motor Trend Test 2020 Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 3.17 seconds (Video)

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ya the same dumb asses who decided the center ac vents need to be at the bottom of the center stack so they can freeze your belly button.
Lol so true though. Maybe they wanted to cool off your sweaty hands while shifting, especially with the alcantara short shifter on the manual cars.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the problem? They are perfectly fine.
They are 3 inches too far away. I have to reach for them - arm straight, shoulder no longer in contact with seat All other cars I've owned have the switches at my finger tips (or less than 1" away) with the arm in a neutral, relaxed bend. The mirror controls are even more egregious.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Really short arms. I can have the seat all the way back (front seat back touching the rear seat) and reach the controls without fully extending my arm. Not even close to fully extending my arm.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Really short arms. I can have the seat all the way back (front seat back touching the rear seat) and reach the controls without fully extending my arm. Not even close to fully extending my arm.

Maybe he's a T-rex ...

... or driving from the back seat. :giggle:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ya the same dumb asses who decided the center ac vents need to be at the bottom of the center stack so they can freeze your belly button.
actually the low vents work great! Have you tried it? The traditional high-mount means I either have air in my face or my arm is getting blasted. Sure they look tacky.

I'm 5'11, nothing is out of proportion.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
6' with a proper seating position and my arm is slightly bent reaching the window controls. Pic looks a little distorted due to wide angle lens.
20191018_114308.jpg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
6' with a proper seating position and my arm is slightly bent reaching the window controls. Pic looks a little distorted due to wide angle lens.
20191018_114308.jpg
Based on that photo, I’d say the controls should move back a tad. Should be able to reach them while arm is at rest.

however, a LITTLE effort is actually good. Otherwise there will be complaints about accidental triggering window controls. Then you’ll have the “The dealership owes me money because I fell in the parking lot” crowd putting together a class action for inadvertent overuse of window motors causing possible premature failure). You think I jest...
Sponsored