Sponsored

Why are superchargers the prefer choice over turbochargers in the mustang comunity?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
I went SC because I believe American Muscle = SC and imports = turbo (yea silly reason I know lol)
Also the SC whine is very satisfying and the power is instant, no lag there you can have fun instantly.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Belts are for pants.

/thread.
How come your nasa stuff hasn’t gone as quick as my Sears Dockers Performance stuff with close to 150whp more? :crazy:

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I bought the Roush PD just in case the ultra liberal ecofreaks in NJ go to full visual inspection at some point.
(and it's virtually a ford kit, with many of the parts having ford PN tags).

Wanted twins, but plenty happy with a PD, which is the only blower that makes the relatively weak low
end coyotes, feel like an old style BB, immediately out of the hole. Not necessairly always a good thing,
as it makes traction from a dead stop very limited on even a 295 street tire.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
It’s a good setup OX1. Probably enough to take you wherever you want to go performance wise.
Yes, went 11.23 @ 125.68 on only second pass with no other power mods, roush rubber upper/lower control arms, and 305 DR's.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I have 0 coolant lines on my turbos.

All depends on what brand you use and how much of that snake oil you buy from turbo salesman
The problem was there was no need for a coolant line to go to the turbo obviously, lmao. No snake oil, my buddy has been building cars his whole life. Just a small mistake when you're performing a week long build in a few days.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
i rest my case. Turbos consistently make more power. Just don’t route your coolant line to your oil pan and blame the turbo company

you centrifugal guys put your cars on cinder blocks for the winter yet? Heard def leopard might go on tour this year
A lot of us centrifugal guys are running 9s on a smaller blower than the d1sc. However, your right turbos do consistently provide more power, but Prochargers have been able to trap 200mph in the 1/8th. To me it comes down to looks and sound, can't go wrong with either.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
How come your nasa stuff hasn’t gone as quick as my Sears Dockers Performance stuff with close to 150whp more? :crazy:
Because i dont live my life a 1/4 at a time and only use 18" street tires and stock converter. Let me know when youre ready for that roll though... what were you saying about tail lights a few posts up?

If i remember right, i went 147 on 10-11 psi with a 2.0 60 foot.... I m ight get luck against you on a roll? lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

LOL. Haven't seen any track updates from you in a while.... Not still in the mid 10s I wouldn't think? TT gotta be going 8.90s minimum!
Im sure im still in the 10s... havent been to the track since March or April. Shitty driver and too much power for the rest of the combo to work right at the 1/4 track (tires, suspension, etc).

The only thing ii got going for me is im into the car for about $5800 all in.

Otherwise, nothing to brag about at all to be honest.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Damn son the whole turbo mafia is gunning for ya now.:cwl::crackup::cwl:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The problem was there was no need for a coolant line to go to the turbo obviously, lmao. No snake oil, my buddy has been building cars his whole life. Just a small mistake when you're performing a week long build in a few days.
Gotcha.. i must have missed that. Tons of turbos are oil and water cooled though.