After 50 days, finally got my 2018 Mustang GT back and preparing for lemon law

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hello friends, I finally got my 18 GT back from dealership today with new motor in it and it took about 50 days. Service record shows that the camshafts and connecting rods were out of tolerance which caused the tick.
Now I am preparing for the buyback, and it was once rejected because the service history was not documented. I have called the regional CSR once again today asking to process the buyback. At this point, is there anything I have to prepare, and possible chance of them rejecting once again? I am in GA and it shows that the vehicle is qualified if it is in shop for repair for 30 cumulative days, and in my case, its been over 49 days. Previously when I requested a buyback(rejected), it was already over 30 days (exactly 31). Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Hello friends, I finally got my 18 GT back from dealership today with new motor in it and it took about 50 days. Service record shows that the camshafts and connecting rods were out of tolerance which caused the tick.
Now I am preparing for the buyback, and it was once rejected because the service history was not documented. I have called the regional CSR once again today asking to process the buyback. At this point, is there anything I have to prepare, and possible chance of them rejecting once again? I am in GA and it shows that the vehicle is qualified if it is in shop for repair for 30 cumulative days, and in my case, its been over 49 days. Previously when I requested a buyback(rejected), it was already over 30 days (exactly 31). Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated.
It mentions the cam and rods out of place in the service docs? Can you post a pick?

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
Sorry to hear about your problems man. Any idea how they determined the camshafts and connecting rods were out of tolerance? Ford, FIX YO SH*T.

Also, here's an idea for this forum, since these buybacks are probably going back into circulation, how about a sticky thread with VIN's?

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
You gave Ford the opportunity to treat you right. They chose not to.

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It mentions the cam and rods out of place in the service docs? Can you post a pick?
For some reason I can't upload the document, but it says "Misfires on cylinders 1,3,4,6,and 7. Found camshaft end play at 0.131 inches, max is 0.110. Connecting rod side clearance 0.024, max is 0.0197.

Sponsored

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You gave Ford the opportunity to treat you right. They chose not to.
I am hoping that they would choose the easy way. I do not wish to get a lawyer to get my car bought back.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For some reason I can't upload the document, but it says "Misfires on cylinders 1,3,4,6,and 7. Found camshaft end play at 0.131 inches, max is 0.110. Connecting rod side clearance 0.024, max is 0.0197.
That's a lot to be wrong. Sounds like Fords Quality control is really slipping.

OP
OP

banana10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the update on the new motor, the rattle at 1500 rpm just happened again. New motor has about 300 miles. No tick at this point.

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
Ford will screw you every chance they get from the dealership to the corporate level i was not willing to keep a car that had problems with 337 miles on it i could have lawyered up but i was not willing to stare at a broken ass car in my garage for a year or more and keep making payments and insurance they can kiss my a#$
Sponsored