Sponsored

Does the 10 Speed Auto Come In Base Models?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I looked up that website and indeed I found many bezels and APIM's with 8" touch screens. They all say good condition, but don't really know unless looking at them. Even I have a 2019 im not too concerned about having the cd slot or heated/cooled seats emblems. If I purchase from a salvage yard im wondering how to insert my VIN into the APIM....I know to activate the drive mode toggles I will need to use FORSCAN.

Do you know of a place that you can help me with the same you helped that other guy?

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful.
Danny
I just used car-part.com. Once I found a setup that looked good - I called the salvage yard in question, asked for pictures - they emailed / texted to me, agreed on price + shipping and had it shipped.
The VIN in the FCIM doesn't really "do" anything, but you can program it via FORSCAN like everything else.
Sponsored

Dans5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, PP1, Steeda H Pipe, Whipple Stage2 Supercharger
I just used car-part.com. Once I found a setup that looked good - I called the salvage yard in question, asked for pictures - they emailed / texted to me, agreed on price + shipping and had it shipped.
The VIN in the FCIM doesn't really "do" anything, but you can program it via FORSCAN like everything else.
Ahh ok, I just thought you had a certain salvage yard you worked with. ….Thanks

Injoemomma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang 5.0 6r80, 2019 mustang gt 10r80 PP1, 2019 Ford raptor supercrew
Go to car-part.com. Search through 15-19 Mustangs. Check for "Ac control" or "Tv screen" - etc. Some listings have pictures / part numbers. Call to verify with the salvage yard to make sure you're getting the right part.
I just helped a person I know source their conversion for their Mustang and we found a Premium Sync 3 bezel with the Sync 3 screen and APIM attached for $400 shipped for everything. (non NAV). He's going to repin his stock harness instead of buying a conversion harness (which you don't need AT ALL for the '19 cars) and he ordered the Ford USB hub and cables. His conversion will end up costing him around $600.

Of course the only downside to using the Premium bezel is that it will have dual zone climate controls and heated / cooled seat controls - that simply don't do anything. My temp control works fine - it just controls all of it, since I've got a single zone climate car. It doesn't bother me - especially not enough to spend hundreds of dollars for another bezel.
I wish I was handy! I would so go this route!! Thanks for all the info! You are awesome!

Injoemomma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I had a 19 GT, a 10, active exhaust, 3.55 rear. Base model. I thought I could live with the four-inch Sync, but it sucked. And I missed CarPlay. So I added the 8 inch conversion just for that. To my surprise the instructions included how to activate the toggle, and the modes. It was awesome! I had no idea.

I drove in sport plus all the time and occasionally in track. It had drag, but I never really used it. It was nice having all five modes. It also changed the active exhaust if you have that option.

I now have a GT 350, and I ordered another 8 inch conversion for the same reason, the CarPlay and bigger screen. On the 350, the last toggle only changes the exhaust mode. In this case it’s no big deal, because you have steering wheel buttons to control the mode. But I do like and want the 8” screen.

Regardless of what kit or screen size you go with, you can still use a performance tune too.
Sorry for late reply. I wasn’t getting any messages! First of all. Congrats big dog! Gt350!!! Very nice!
All I have at the moment is Sport (right below drive). How is the sport plus and track mode compared to Sport? Are the shifts faster? Does it feel faster? If so, I’m going to have to jump on this upgrade ASAP! Kind of wishing I just got it straight from the jump since it’s 2k and aftermarket, it’s only a little less. Thanks for your help!!!!!!

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Sorry for late reply. I wasn’t getting any messages! First of all. Congrats big dog! Gt350!!! Very nice!
All I have at the moment is Sport (right below drive). How is the sport plus and track mode compared to Sport? Are the shifts faster? Does it feel faster? If so, I’m going to have to jump on this upgrade ASAP! Kind of wishing I just got it straight from the jump since it’s 2k and aftermarket, it’s only a little less. Thanks for your help!!!!!!
My understanding is that slipping the transmission into sport only controls the shift points/characteristics. I don’t know if it changes throttle response too.

Toggling into sports plus, changes the shift response, throttle response, steering, and active exhaust if you have it. So I always toggled into sports plus and changed everything at once. I guess that’s the “plus” part.

I never played around enough to feel a difference between sport plus and track. Perhaps someone else is a better judge. When you do put it in track I noticed the warning of “track use only” comes on and the “TCS” light would come on. So I assume track affected the traction control etc.

Drag mode was noticeably harder and higher rpm shifts through the transmission. That you can notice right away toggling.

Just get a conversion and be done with it! You won’t regret it.

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Sport+ with shifter in D will give you the best of everything. It will keep you off the rev limiter when you screw up.

Injoemomma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is that slipping the transmission into sport only controls the shift points/characteristics. I don’t know if it changes throttle response too.

Toggling into sports plus, changes the shift response, throttle response, steering, and active exhaust if you have it. So I always toggled into sports plus and changed everything at once. I guess that’s the “plus” part.

I never played around enough to feel a difference between sport plus and track. Perhaps someone else is a better judge. When you do put it in track I noticed the warning of “track use only” comes on and the “TCS” light would come on. So I assume track affected the traction control etc.

Drag mode was noticeably harder and higher rpm shifts through the transmission. That you can notice right away toggling.

Just get a conversion and be done with it! You won’t regret it.

https://hellhorseperformance.com/products/2015-2019-mustang-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3

cheapest one I found: $1,375

you are correct. I’m just going to pull the trigger on it. Once it arrives, I just plug and that is it right.

hope you get yours soon for your gt350!!

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
https://hellhorseperformance.com/products/2015-2019-mustang-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3

cheapest one I found: $1,375

you are correct. I’m just going to pull the trigger on it. Once it arrives, I just plug and that is it right.

hope you get yours soon for your gt350!!
I used HHP for my 19 GT and was very happy them and the kit. I bought again from them for the GT350. My kit arrives Tuesday. They'll give you a $75 credit for the 4" FCIM faceplate you swap, and will pay for return shipping!

Yes, it is plug and play. Watch this video:

You have a 19 right? It's even easier. You will already have the powered Carplay usb hub/ports. So you can ignore the whole re-wire the center console part of the video/instructions. Also, ignore the nav antenna portion. The 19 has a nav antenna wired to the roof fin, so if you got the nav version, no antenna needed to stick under the dash center speaker grill, It's straight plug and play with the existing antenna connection.

Buy trim panel removers:

https://www.amazon.com/GLK-Panel-In...08&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-633452732397

This will help for this and another a whole bunch of other projects down the road. It's cheap insurance.

The HH kit has the OBD2 plug and cable, but you will need FORSCAN and a PC. Learn how to do/read/program with FORSCAN. You will need it for the toggles, both the modes and the emergency fashers. It can be used for many other features too.

Injoemomma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for your help! Will most def get that kit!

Sponsored