Sponsored

Steeda Cooling deflectors... I dont get it.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Good luck finding a part number.
Well I mean are you very likely to break those but not the control arm? It just doesn't strike me as something that would break unless you also breaking other things with it.

Sponsored

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
My non PP car has the mounting point on the stock arms but no deflectors

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I mean are you very likely to break those but not the control arm? It just doesn't strike me as something that would break unless you also breaking other things with it.
Running over something in the road could very easily break a little plastic piece, but not damage the arm. Seems like something that could happen fairly easily to me

My non PP car has the mounting point on the stock arms but no deflectors
On their site it says you have to have pp arms for them to be mounted. But then I always wonder why they wouldn’t just put those arms on all the cars and add the deflectors to the pp cars. And I always forget to look and see what the arms on my car look like when I have my car in the air

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am hoping they made them bigger/more effective. Unfortunately the description on Steeda's website doesn't say much so you can't tell if they are basic stock replacements or high performance parts.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I am hoping they made them bigger/more effective. Unfortunately the description on Steeda's website doesn't say much so you can't tell if they are basic stock replacements or high performance parts.
They are basic stock replacements.

Steeda Tech

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Vorshlag recently just made a post about this, and have come out with a much larger version of this. Check out their page and store.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Vorshlag recently just made a post about this, and have come out with a much larger version of this. Check out their page and store.
Wow, if I was Steeda, I would suddenly feel like my size was inadequate.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
This is a direct OE replacement as noted in a previous post . We make no claim it is a up grade. This part to the best of my knowledge is not available separately from Ford. This way the non P/P cars can upgrade at a minimal cost.
Steeda Tech

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
But the non PPs don't have the splitter venting to feed them or the right kind of brake venting, suggesting they likely need bigger ones for more cooling. And while the PP ones work pretty good (on a PP), there are definitely track oriented PP owners who want even more cooling. So based on my selfish analysis bigger would be better.

But I think part of the confusion is Steeda normally makes performance parts, not stock replacement parts.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
But the non PPs don't have the splitter venting to feed them or the right kind of brake venting, suggesting they likely need bigger ones for more cooling. And while the PP ones work pretty good (on a PP), there are definitely track oriented PP owners who want even more cooling. So based on my selfish analysis bigger would be better.

But I think part of the confusion is Steeda normally makes performance parts, not stock replacement parts.
Trust me, I just recently put the set of Steeda control arms on my base '18....the difference is night and day! On par easily with PP parts or better, even though Steeda won't say that because they are trying to be polite, I'm not bothered by saying it for them. Just buy them, you won't regret it.
Sponsored