Sponsored

D!*%head mustang guy

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I advise people not to tailgate me as I don't play nice lol. Tailgate me to long or close and I keep an eye open for a gravel patch or flat spot to run a tire off the road and my sticky tires will absolutely fling rocks all up on their hood and windshield. Yeah they back off real quick then. Now dont get me wrong I give them every opportunity to back off. I tap brakes or slow down so they can pass, sometimes I even wave them by. But if they persist , its rocks for them.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I advise people not to tailgate me as I don't play nice lol. Tailgate me to long or close and I keep an eye open for a gravel patch or flat spot to run a tire off the road and my sticky tires will absolutely fling rocks all up on their hood and windshield. Yeah they back off real quick then. Now dont get me wrong I give them every opportunity to back off. I tap brakes or slow down so they can pass, sometimes I even wave them by. But if they persist , its rocks for them.
Paint so thin on Thes cars..risk damaging your car as well.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Paint so thin on Thes cars..risk damaging your car as well.
Not really much paint for the back tires to fling rocks up on my car. But I hear ya and i'll risk it just for the look on their face for being jerks.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Not really much paint for the back tires to fling rocks up on my car. But I hear ya and i'll risk it just for the look on their face for being jerks.
:facepalm:
The whole teach you a lesson thing is bullshit whether you are the fast or the slow car, grow up.
You do damage to wrong person's car and they will pull out a gun and start shooting - then what are you going to do? Break check :giggle:
I'm not your bro. I'm just sayin stop driving like assholes. Do not get emotionally invested in the car ahead or behind you.
Don't tailgate and let faster people by.
Geez how hard is that :question:

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
:facepalm:
The whole teach you a lesson thing is bullshit whether you are the fast or the slow car, grow up.
You do damage to wrong person's car and they will pull out a gun and start shooting - then what are you going to do? Break check :giggle:
I'm not your bro. I'm just sayin stop driving like assholes. Do not get emotionally invested in the car ahead or behind you.
Don't tailgate and let faster people by.
Geez how hard is that :question:
People drive off the edge of the road all the time and I seriously doubt anyone just starts shooting. Plus IM not the dick in this situation they are. Like I said IM normally doing the speed limit , most times over, and in the right lane. They can go around instead of riding my ass. I love america when people are being C**kknockers it is not their fault its everyone else's fault that makes them do it. America welcome to the no fault country.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Hate to say it but there are a lot of dumbass Mustang owners out there.

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
No need to be the enforcer. If someone is following closer than you Want, take the Opportunity to let them pass. When this happens to me I’m happy to let them pass. Thus pretty much insuring that the five to maybe ten miles over the limit I might be doing isn’t going to draw attention from that speed trap cause they will already have the faster driver. That being said, I rarely drive more than five over the limit. I do like a bit of corner carving and have pulled over for picture opportunities to open the road up a bit.
Mustang not a sports car? Please inform my insurance company of this. Lol, not sure they think that. My last ticket was in 1978 for doing sixty five in a fifty five on I 5 near Eugene OR. (Knock on wood) while traveling to my duty station while in the military. Doesn’t mean I haven’t pushed the envelope a bit from time to time and even broken out a bit at times but very seldom and as said rarely more than a few over the limit. I recently was in a discussion with a police officer who stopped by my place of employment. We were discussing my car which he brought up as being nice. While talking about speeding I told him people often asked how many tickets I get and are surprised when I say “none”. I then clarified with him, the truth of a comment I make to those who ask. There is no law against being the first “up to” the speed limit, as long as it is done in a safe manner... he agreed.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
this is the road as you just enter the curves. it's like this on both sides all the way for about 3 miles and about 1/4 mile up the road a steep drop off on the right.. where would you suggest a person "pull over" and let the A-hole pass?

aums hwy.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was going 10 mph over the posted speed. the other driver was being totally unreasonable and trying to force me into doing something i was not willing to do.
I wish you'd mentioned that in your first post, as it makes a significant difference. That much over should have been enough to let that other guy relax and back off a bit at least until a reasonable place to pass was reached. I don't see any "teaching a lesson" on either his part or yours now, though he does seem to have let frustration get the better of him no matter that it wasn't justified under conditions not involving something like a medical emergency.

I did see your picture of the road - I much appreciate you posting it - but looking into that in any detail is something for tomorrow.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
this is the road as you just enter the curves. it's like this on both sides all the way for about 3 miles and about 1/4 mile up the road a steep drop off on the right.. where would you suggest a person "pull over" and let the A-hole pass?

aums hwy.jpg
While it does look like the curvature of the road could support a fair amount more than 45 mph, the restricted sight distance certainly doesn't. The double yellow is there for good reason.

Norm

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I don't get posts like this, why are people letting others upset them so much? I'm not advocating the behavior of the other car in the OP's example, but isn't it a bit self centered to think he was trying to teach a lesson of some sort? I never tailgate because I like not having rock chips, but I've done my share of passing, in second gear. At 40 mph that definitely brought the engine speed up to 7k rpms, effectively "blowing" passed the person infront of me. Was I teaching them a lesson? No, I could care less about them. I was trying to get around them as quickly as possible to minimize my time in the oncoming traffic lane. I also enjoy the opportunity to push my engine for any sort of reason other than because I just want to. Again, absolutely nothing to do with the person I'm passing on a personal level. What should bother you are the people who try to accelerate and prevent you from passing them, when you go to do so. This behavior is what should be called out. This is extremely dangerous behavior and has almost gotten me into accidents in passing zones where I was prevented from pulling back over. I see it all the time out in the suburbs. I don't notice it as much anymore but I'm also in a car that makes your typical grocery getter (the main culprits) looked tied to a tree. Another are those who intentionally change lanes to cut someone off who they deem is going too fast. My criminal law teacher openly bragged about performing the latter. It infuriated me (which I guess is hypocritial right now) listening to that story with his bullshit smug smile.

Anyways, the initial description just sounds like the driver was waiting for an opening and punched it around when they had it, and nothing more. The picture just posted reinforces this. Passing around that blind bend would have just been asking for trouble. We also don't have a picture of the straight. It's not unusual for roads like that to turn into a passing zone on straights. Was this the case? Regardless, the driver also didn't do anything to try and force OP off of the road. Tailgating is annoying, but it's no reason to get all emotional.
Sponsored