Sponsored

Is it True MPG 12/18 for avg 14 mpg?????

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
If I was able to seriously look at/get one I'd probably be pretty content with those ratings. I mean... look at what it is. If you wanted to, get it and put some Prius wheels/tires on it and maybe that would help your mpg for a little bit before the tree.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..get it and put some Prius wheels/tires on it and maybe that would help your mpg for a little bit before the tree.
Samano: Now THAT was FUNNY, dude! :-)

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
My Supercharged 2016 RS3 got 22-23 mpg driving from Chicago to Flint...

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
What frustrates me is the gas guzzler tax because it hurts the consumer not the manufacturer. Why should I pay more taxes because my car uses more fuel? I already pay more taxes supporting infrastructure because I buy more gas and pay the taxes that are included. Meanwhile someone in a Tesla or even a economy gas engine car use way more infrastructure per gallon and don't contribute as much to support it.

Another frustration is the 16 gallon tanks in the Mustang as a couple more gallons of storage would get you over 300 miles assuming you actually get the highway rating. The 18.5 gallon tank in my Vette is helpful on trips.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The main thing that gets me is, only cars are charged a Gas Guzzler Tax. No other vehicles, SUV's and trucks, have a Gas Guzzler Tax.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Earl: Not that I'd want to add MORE tax to purchases of other non-car vehicles, but I do agree it's a bit of discrimination.

That said, I think the plan was to legislate the smaller vehicles first (because it was easier to increase the gas mileage,) and eventually get to the larger, less fuel-efficient vehicles.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What frustrates me is the gas guzzler tax because it hurts the consumer not the manufacturer. Why should I pay more tax because my car uses more fuel? I already pay more tax to support infrastructure because I buy more gas and pay the taxes that are included. Meanwhile someone in a Tesla or even a economy gas engine car use way more infrastructure per mile and don't contribute as much to support it.

Another frustration is the 16 gallon tanks in the Mustang as a couple more gallons of storage would get you over 300 miles assuming you actually get the highway rating. The 18.5 gallon tank in my Vette is helpful on trips.
exactly.. at some point the rest of the big guberment crowd will realize it.. tax me on my income, then what i buy, then tax me more because it uses more fuel that i already pay a tax per gallon, then the roads which i already paid for, and then charge me a toll for using them again..

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
What frustrates me is the gas guzzler tax because it hurts the consumer not the manufacturer. Why should I pay more taxes because my car uses more fuel? I already pay more taxes supporting infrastructure because I buy more gas and pay the taxes that are included. Meanwhile someone in a Tesla or even a economy gas engine car use way more infrastructure per gallon and don't contribute as much to support it.

One thing you may not realize is even if they put the tax on the Manufacturer, you would still be paying for the tax, Ford would increase the price of the tax ($4000?) to the cost of the vehicle. It is not like Ford, or any manufacturer would be nice and absorb the fine, you pay for it either way.. That is actually one of the beauties of the Roush conversion, and possibly why Ford waited so long to release a GT500. Roush can convert a limited number of vehicles annually without the added taxes for the gas guzzler fine. Interestingly a very well optioned RS3 is around the same price as a base GT500... A base GT500 is $72,900, and a nicely loaded RS3 is $44,000-$49,000 (GT Premium PP1) + $22,000-$28,000 for the RS3 conversion = $66,000 to $77,000. Add that $4000 Gas Guzzler tax and it becomes $76,900...

Hate to get political, BUT this is the truth...
This is the result of Progressive Politics. The truth is they are progressively removing more and more money from your pocket, and progressively taking more rights away. It is the only way they can get things done, laws and fines and fees or whatever they want to call it could not be implemented all at one time, they have to progressively take them away one at a time so you do not even notice (kind of like the frog in boiling water). Any politician who claims to be a "Progressive" Run as fast as you can... Consider seat-belt laws. When they were introduced in most states the police were to only fine you for not wearing your seat-belt if you were pulled over for something unrelated, NOW they can pull you over for just the seat-belt. It is called Mission creep, things like this is the cornerstone of Progressivism...
Sponsored