Sponsored

FordPass service is now free

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I'm pretty sure lock means lock, it's not a toggle. Easy enough to check, I guess, but I'm not going to do it right now :)
Just brought the app up to try it again. The interface is different. There's now a separate lock and unlock button which works great. Still doesn't show the state until you trigger it but at least you know what it's doing. Not sure if this was an update or a platform difference since I just switched to iPhone.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting, I've had it for about a year and a half and it's always had separate lock and unlock buttons on my app, running Android.

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I bought my car in July, I downloaded the ford pass app and was able to lock/unlock, track my car and all that and it was free.. what’s the difference between this and the paid app?

i use the app to see how much my wife drives the car and if she keeps gas in it lol
I’m a long haul driver so I’m gone 2-3 weeks at a time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I bought my car in July, I downloaded the ford pass app and was able to lock/unlock, track my car and all that and it was free.. what’s the difference between this and the paid app?

i use the app to see how much my wife drives the car and if she keeps gas in it lol
I’m a long haul driver so I’m gone 2-3 weeks at a time.
A two year “free” subscription was included on your 19’. Now it will be forever. By the way this did not include the wi-fi hotspot.

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A two year “free” subscription was included on your 19’. Now it will be forever. By the way this did not include the wi-fi hotspot.
ahh ok, I wasn’t told that by the dealer.

yeah I signed up for the free trial of the hotspot, I never really used it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
ahh ok, I wasn’t told that by the dealer.

yeah I signed up for the free trial of the hotspot, I never really used it.
Dealer probably didn’t know. :facepalm:

The Hotspot trial is either 3 months or 3gb. Then you need to re-up with AT&T.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That's great, I wasn't sure how long the freebie lasted.

Our DD/RT has a similar system/service via SiriusXM Guardian (guess it uses sat), it was free for one year, but the renewal is silly expensive, like $250/year and that doesn't even include the SiriusXM music service! So the wife after one year got a discount offer for SXM for like $59/year, and we left the other service expired. It was super nice a few times where we were able to remove start it during the summer, from miles away and come back to a nice, cooled down car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You can lock, unlock, and start your car via a smartphone app. You can also use the app to locate your car (this is useful if you do a day trip to a city you’re not overly familiar with and are walking around for hours, or if you’re parked at a large stadium/amusement park and cannot remember where you parked your car). You can also use it to set-up for your car to remote start on a schedule (useful if you leave for work at a certain time every morning, for example: you can set it to start your car 5 minutes before you typically walk out the door). It will also show you tire pressure, gas tank, and oil life via the app. Also, if there’s some type of error with your car (ie: cylinder misfire) the app will alert you. It also notifies you if your car alarm goes off.
I appreciate the more detailed description even though there's nothing in that list that's particularly useful in my/our situation.

Back when I was still working (office job), if I needed to check whether it was locked or to crack open the windows in the summer, I'd just get up and walk out to the car. And enjoy the brief break.

Norm

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I appreciate the more detailed description even though there's nothing in that list that's particularly useful in my/our situation.

Back when I was still working (office job), if I needed to check whether it was locked or to crack open the windows in the summer, I'd just get up and walk out to the car. And enjoy the brief break.

Norm
It’s more-so when you’re in a different state (ie: parked at a friends house, friend drives to the city for a concert/whatever). You cannot roll the windows up or down via the app, btw, just remote start and lock/unlock the doors. :)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I've used it several times. Once to unlock for an Amazon delivery that I wanted secured. I had a friend traveling in from out of state and I left a house key in the cup holder. Told her to call me when she got to the car and I would unlock it so she could get the house key. The car sits under a car port, not in a garage.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I have the Ford Pass app just the one that tells you vehicle info like fuel and oil change life as I don't have the other hardware for the engine start etc. But its a POS rarely ever updates or syncs with car. It hasn't synced the info in about 700 KM lately so I don't bother with it anymore.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have the Ford Pass app just the one that tells you vehicle info like fuel and oil change life as I don't have the other hardware for the engine start etc. But its a POS rarely ever updates or syncs with car. It hasn't synced the info in about 700 KM lately so I don't bother with it anymore.
Try deleting the app and reinstalling. More often than not this will fix the connection issue.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If it came with a free phone I would consider it. But, it doesn't work with my flip-phone.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm in the same boat as others where the dealer never told me there was a time limit, so I would have been ticked if it shut off or I got a bill.

None of the items are crucial (I have another car without it, and somehow I get by :)), but again, if it's free, it can be a handy tool every now and then.