2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I care about it for one reason: I can unlock the doors with it. Kinda cool that I can find the car too (as if I'd not know where it was). It came free with my trim level - I wouldn't bother with it otherwise.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Please note that this article may be in error. Fordpass has been free for a while. Fordpass connect (what actually let's you unlock doors and whatnot) requires hardware, wiring, and an ecu update. I very seriously doubt that will be made free.

In short fordpass IS NOT equal to fordpass connect.

Also, note that it is not really standard on the bullitt. We have yet to see a bullitt owner with a working fordpass connect (even though it is advertised as having this feature). I have a rant about this elsewhere one this platform. The rant also covers so yet to be addressed issues that occur when you run fordpass without having the fordpass connect modem.

This could all change tomorrow, but today... thems the breaks.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
After almost year and a half of ownership I finally activated mine after reading this. Totally forgot I even had it available. Do I really need it? Nah but certain level of tech cool attained!! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Tell me when they make the Hotspot free. I'll get excited then.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I updated to 19 California Special from my 17 ecoboost a couple weeks ago, dealers calling me wanting to install/explain. I was in a time crush on delivery, so no time to explain all the features.
What all does it do?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sounds silly. I can roll the windows down, lock & un-lock it, and find it in a parking lot with the key-fob.

Seems worse than silly, really.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I updated to 19 California Special from my 17 ecoboost a couple weeks ago, dealers calling me wanting to install/explain. I was in a time crush on delivery, so no time to explain all the features.
What all does it do?
You can lock, unlock, and start your car via a smartphone app. You can also use the app to locate your car (this is useful if you do a day trip to a city you’re not overly familiar with and are walking around for hours, or if you’re parked at a large stadium/amusement park and cannot remember where you parked your car). You can also use it to set-up for your car to remote start on a schedule (useful if you leave for work at a certain time every morning, for example: you can set it to start your car 5 minutes before you typically walk out the door). It will also show you tire pressure, gas tank, and oil life via the app. Also, if there’s some type of error with your car (ie: cylinder misfire) the app will alert you. It also notifies you if your car alarm goes off.

I personally love the app and use it to make sure I locked my doors, especially if I’m out of range for the key fob to work.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Absolutely, but it is useful when you’re out of key fob range.
You do know the old "key-fob to the head" trick, right? It does work.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You do know the old "key-fob to the head" trick, right? It does work.
True story. When I was working I parked my car at Newark Airport and flew to see a customer in Atlanta. Halfway through the flight I started thinking I forgot to lock my car. It was my 15' EB so no FordPass. So I called my wife when the plane landed and she drove 37 miles each way only to find out that the doors were, in fact, locked. I cannot tell you what that cost me. FordPass would have have saved my ass and my wallet. :crying:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Last edited: