Sponsored

First full send down 1/4 mile of my PBO (Partial Bolt-On) 19 GT...

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
11.45 @ 121.6 MPH - 1.75 60 ft. - DA ~800 ft
11.47 @ 122.6 MPH - 1.74 60 ft. - DA ~1000 ft

Still has stock headers/cats. Wow, beast mode (drag mode) really rips! As happy as I am with my initial times, I am also disappointed because I could have left with an 11.2 with another run or so. I was having issues with my burnout on both runs so the tires did not really get any heat in them (just a quick spin) and the rear wheels were also slipping on the drag radial (I marked both tires at the valve stem and they both slipped about 5 inches over the 2 passes). The tires are brand new as well and probably need a good burn down to get them really grippy. I launched off the footbrake on both passes at ~2,000 rpms. I only got the 2 runs in because after letting the car cool off for over an hour to make my 3rd run, someone decided to run over the 1/8 mile timing box and they halted everything to fix it. I called it day after that and drove back home (100 miles roundtrip).

Here is a shot of a Demon and Hellcat before my 2nd run.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice. That is a good 4 MPH faster than most 18+ GTs.
What did you bolt on?
Thanks

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
11.45 @ 121.6 MPH - 1.75 60 ft. - DA ~800 ft
11.47 @ 122.6 MPH - 1.74 60 ft. - DA ~1000 ft

Still has stock headers/cats. Wow, beast mode (drag mode) really rips! As happy as I am with my initial times, I am also disappointed because I could have left with an 11.2 with another run or so. I was having issues with my burnout on both runs so the tires did not really get any heat in them (just a quick spin) and the rear wheels were also slipping on the drag radial (I marked both tires at the valve stem and they both slipped about 5 inches over the 2 passes). The tires are brand new as well and probably need a good burn down to get them really grippy. I launched off the footbrake on both passes at ~2,000 rpms. I only got the 2 runs in because after letting the car cool off for over an hour to make my 3rd run, someone decided to run over the 1/8 mile timing box and they halted everything to fix it. I called it day after that and drove back home (100 miles roundtrip).

Here is shot of a Demon and Hellcat before my 2nd run.

Could you give us the recipe plus any weight reductions?
Very impressive

Mike702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
As a fellow '19 401A/A10 owner I'd love to know as well!

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1) Palm Beach Dyno E85 Tune (Only 1 tune revision. No transmission tuning. Never been on a dyno. Timeslip is my preferred dyno. )
2) JLT Intake (mostly sealed with a combination of oversized pipe insulation, layers of reflective insulation material, and black spray foam to seal the inlet opening on the inside of the box)
3) Ford Racing Borla Extreme Catback (includes Xpipe resonator delete)
4) BMR 005 (cradle lockout), BMR 762 (IRS bracing), BMR TCA045 (Spherical Vertical Links)
4) G-Force Renegade Halfshafts (these are much beefier and heavier than stock)
5) Mickey Thompson ET Street R radials. (305/45/17 rear / 28x6 front)
6) Weight reduction - Removed passenger seat, rear seats, and subwoofer

That's all there is! The car has about 4,000 miles on it. I chose my combination of parts through reading this forum and seeing what works and what does not. The car has a much lower 11 in it and dare I say a 10.99999 at a perfect track and with better air. I datalogged my 2 passes and am sending them in and also requested to turn on the transbrake in the tune. I plan on going to some known better tracks in November and run in some negative DA. Atco up in New Jersey and Cecil County in northern Maryland. I need to practice my burnout too. My drag radials still have the new tire knobbies on the tread surface. :facepalm: Stay tuned for some better times!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any pictures of what you did to the intake and box?
It's functional, but hideous. My IAT's are very similar to the stock intake, even in hot weather. My main concern is drag strip performance and I know it's flowing way more than the stock intake on the big end of the track. My grilles are wide open to the box inlet with the Cervinis C-Series upper/lower grilles.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it. I will try to take one tonight or this weekend. It's very easy to remove and put back on if going to a car show or something like that and you don't want people to see it.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's functional, but hideous. My IAT's are very similar to the stock intake, even in hot weather. My main concern is drag strip performance and I know it's flowing way more than the stock intake on the big end of the track. My grilles are wide open to the box inlet with the Cervinis C-Series upper/lower grilles.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it. I will try to take one tonight or this weekend. It's very easy to remove and put back on if going to a car show or something like that and you don't want people to see it.[/QUOTM

Would be awesome if u now tested your car with the stock I take and drop in but your tuned for your intake

Your going pretty good
Impressive

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Very nice! Will you post up the slip, I’d like to see the 60’s and 8th et/mph. I just made a few passes tonight in my 19gt, PBD tune/93 octane, cold air/catback, went 7.7’s at 93mph, 1.81 60ft

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, you will have to look closely. I had these on my phone. I am car# 392.
B52DCB1D-522F-45C2-8770-7A98C186CF65.jpeg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm also curious to see the JLT mods. I try to keep my bonnet open as long as possible, but the IATs rise pretty quick as soon as it's shut
Sponsored