jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nice!

I run at MSR quite a bit too.... Always fun! Best recorded time is 1.24.1
Are you running a Procharger? Any issues with it? What were your Head temps?
Times depend on the layout and it looks like you are doing the 1.7. I plan on running that in Dec and that's the layout I have the most experience with. I hope to post a good time as well.

This time we ran the 3.1 which is a long track. Plus it is difficult to get a full clean lap without some traffic. We had a lot of cars out there in the blue group. Someone from this forum posted a 2:30 I think. Which gave me something to at least measure up against. Best I did was a low 2:40 but I think I have a lot more in me. I know the car does.

5 years ago i got to run a few laps in drive exotic In a lambo. Posted a 1:13 I think. I need to go compare the two videos because I feel like I was a bit faster in the Stang. Seat time makes all the difference.

ProCharger was great. No issues with it per say. Head temps were fine but my oil temp got warm a few times. It didn't help that it was 95-98 all weekend. I have switched from amsoil 5w-20 to 20w-50 dominator race oil. I'm hoping that will help the oil temps. Plus I needed to install ano catch can because I pushed an ounce or two out of my head on the drivers side where there is no pcv valve. The biggest issue with the ProCharger was getting to redline so fast. Especially in the short sections. I ran out of 3rd gear a number of times. I switching my rear end from 3.73s to 3.55s to help with this. Hopefully it's enough. And hopefully I didn't need to fix anything else.
Sponsored

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Times depend on the layout and it looks like you are doing the 1.7. I plan on running that in Dec and that's the layout I have the most experience with. I hope to post a good time as well.

This time we ran the 3.1 which is a long track. Plus it is difficult to get a full clean lap without some traffic. We had a lot of cars out there in the blue group. Someone from this forum posted a 2:30 I think. Which gave me something to at least measure up against. Best I did was a low 2:40 but I think I have a lot more in me. I know the car does.

5 years ago i got to run a few laps in drive exotic In a lambo. Posted a 1:13 I think. I need to go compare the two videos because I feel like I was a bit faster in the Stang. Seat time makes all the difference.

ProCharger was great. No issues with it per say. Head temps were fine but my oil temp got warm a few times. It didn't help that it was 95-98 all weekend. I have switched from amsoil 5w-20 to 20w-50 dominator race oil. I'm hoping that will help the oil temps. Plus I needed to install ano catch can because I pushed an ounce or two out of my head on the drivers side where there is no pcv valve. The biggest issue with the ProCharger was getting to redline so fast. Especially in the short sections. I ran out of 3rd gear a number of times. I switching my rear end from 3.73s to 3.55s to help with this. Hopefully it's enough. And hopefully I didn't need to fix anything else.
Great MSR valid points, I completely forgot to point out that it was the 1.7 CCW. You are right, traffic can be a problem on the 3.1 and I also have less experience on it since most times we run on the 1.7 CCW.
My best time on the 3.1 is 2.32.3 but I only ran it once day and that was before break pads.
I have a 2016 GT Auto6 with Ford Track Pack suspension and Carbotech XP10 front pads. I really recommend them, it gave me much more confident on the breaks but I also don't have PP breaks.

Great to hear about the Procharger. Is it a Stage1 or Stage2? RWHP?
Since I have the A6 with 3.31s I should be in a little better position than you as far a gears.
I just registered right now for 11/18 with Edge Addicts!! https://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/main.sc

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Great MSR valid points, I completely forgot to point out that it was the 1.7 CCW. You are right, traffic can be a problem on the 3.1 and I also have less experience on it since most times we run on the 1.7 CCW.
My best time on the 3.1 is 2.32.3 but I only ran it once day and that was before break pads.
I have a 2016 GT Auto6 with Ford Track Pack suspension and Carbotech XP10 front pads. I really recommend them, it gave me much more confident on the breaks but I also don't have PP breaks.

Since I have the A6 with 3.31s I should be in a little better position than you as far a gears.
I just registered right now for 11/18 with Edge Addicts!! https://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/main.sc
I'll be there 11/18 as well. Hopefully we get some good weather. Texas weather that time of year is a crap shoot.

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Stage1 I assume. I got the big body but also a big pulley. It's the D-1SC-H. Capable of a lot more than I'm pushing. Ive got the 8lbs pulley pushing just over 600 on the ground. Considering I don't like running drag radials on the street...600 is plenty.

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'll be there 11/18 as well. Hopefully we get some good weather. Texas weather that time of year is a crap shoot.
I have a few friends that went with me and we wanted to do the 3.1 in Nov. But we decided to wait and get a few things fixed before we signed up again. So that pushed us to the Dec event. Signing up on Monday for that. ECR may also come up for Nov. Tho I like Cresson much better.

Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have a few friends that went with me and we wanted to do the 3.1 in Nov. But we decided to wait and get a few things fixed before we signed up again. So that pushed us to the Dec event. Signing up on Monday for that. ECR may also come up for Nov. Tho I like Cresson much better.
I dont think Edge Addicts has an event at MSR Cresson in Dec. THey have one at COTA I believe.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium

Why is traffic a problem on the 3.1? I would have thought that with more distance everyone would be spaced out more?

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Why is traffic a problem on the 3.1? I would have thought that with more distance everyone would be spaced out more?
The 1.7(right side of the map) has much more clearly defined straights for passing zones than the left side(addition to create the 3.1).

upload_2019-10-17_18-21-58.png

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Cool, yeah, let's hope for a nice sunny 70 degree day...
I'll be driving a Grey 2016 GT. What about you?

upload_2019-10-17_18-26-46.png

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The 1.7(right side of the map) has much more clearly defined straights for passing zones than the left side(addition to create the 3.1).

upload_2019-10-17_18-21-58.png
Got it- Thanks for the explanation.

Sponsored