bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just wondering how many of you have used the TCS INTERMEDIATE SHAFT AND EXEDY STAGE 2 clutches in your 6R80 after a trans failure. And how has your transmission held up after the rebuild? I’m in the 750-775whp range with no plans to go any higher.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I did thru Bret Lasala. It’s been 8 months now. Just dropped the pan for new filter. Fluid looked good, no metal or signs of wear.
Good to hear. I was told they support 1000whp but you know how that goes. I’m just chasing a 9 second slip. For the daily driver. The tranny slippage was probably holding me back.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Good to hear. I was told they support 1000whp but you know how that goes. I’m just chasing a 9 second slip. For the daily driver. The tranny slippage was probably holding me back.
We have sold quite a few of these kits, I've personally only heard positive feedback and no issues. I would say it would not hurt to add on if you are making good power. Feel free to send me a message if you any other questions.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/e...iate-shaft-kit-for-the-6r80-transmission.html

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else out there?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I run that stuff but installed it as a proactive measure. I know that doesn't help, but not many posting up so what the hay.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I run that stuff but installed it as a proactive measure. I know that doesn't help, but not many posting up so what the hay.
And it held up fine for ya?

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
Like Solarflare, Brett Lasala, who is local to me, built my trans with those parts about 2 years ago. My twin turbo car makes right at 800 whp, and it destroyed the stock setup (snapped int. shaft, burnt clutches) on my 2nd trip to the strip (not even leaving hard on drag radials-1.9 sixty foot). After he built it, I probably have 50 passes or so, run in the 9s, and it's held up fine (1.6 sixty foot on drag radials). I would say it's a must do if making decent power.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That combo will last a while, Until the planetary fails that is... Anything above say 800+whp is at risk... Mine lasted 3 years before kaboom a few months ago

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I was chasing a 10 second pass slip on my stock trans and converter over a year ago. after over a 100 passes I Got a 10.8, then a 10.7, then the stock trans broke. Two passes in the high tens, I was a little disappointed, but between viking shocks, and tuning, was beating the hell out of the stock stuff figuring out how to launch it, so I wasn't surprised. Still don't feel like I have it figured out at all, sometimes.
Got a Circle D and new transmission with billet shaft/ clutches from PBH. A year later I have put probably close to as many, if not more passes on it, as the stock combo. 90% in the mid to low 10s and 137+, 9% at 10.0 140+, and got a single 9.9 at 140 my goal for the year. I'm not worried about the trans anymore, but have gone through a few sets of diff clutches, they are so important for good traction on shifts. I'm going to try a wavetrac, before dropping the $$ for a 9" conversion. Hopefully it holds up, but if it explodes oh well. Its pretty crazy what breaks and when for the not so fast times im doing. I'm also not trying to sell you something. Things are usually strong once, then you find they are not so strong for constant abuse unless built for it.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear. My only goal is a 9 second slip. (Im 3/100ths of a second away right now.) I'm real happy with the stock trans. I had 300+ passes on it. 1.4-1.5 sixties on a converter. Maybe 50 of those on boost. And the shift pressure turned all the way up. So hopefully with new clutches. And negative north eastern DA. Which I still haven't run the car in this year. I can pop off a couple of 9.8s and retire the old girl. Im done adding power. So time to move on to the next project. After the first 9 second slip.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Good to hear. My only goal is a 9 second slip. (Im 3/100ths of a second away right now.) I'm real happy with the stock trans. I had 300+ passes on it. 1.4-1.5 sixties on a converter. Maybe 50 of those on boost. And the shift pressure turned all the way up. So hopefully with new clutches. And negative north eastern DA. Which I still haven't run the car in this year. I can pop off a couple of 9.8s and retire the old girl. Im done adding power. So time to move on to the next project. After the first 9 second slip.
You will get there, and I'm honestly surprised you aren't already. My goal for this car was 9.9x also but quickly found there was alot more in it. Like you, I'm not going to add anymore power but the et keeps dropping!

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You will get there, and I'm honestly surprised you aren't already. My goal for this car was 9.9x also but quickly found there was alot more in it. Like you, I'm not going to add anymore power but the et keeps dropping!
Honestly I think the slipping clutches my have been holding it back for a while. The guy building the trans. Said they looked real bad. That and my stead fast refusal to remove any weight from it probably isn’t helping. But on top of it being my current toy. Its my wife’s grocery getter.:)So I run it at the track. The way she runs it in the street.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Honestly I think the slipping clutches my have been holding it back for a while. The guy building the trans. Said they looked real bad. That and my stead fast refusal to remove any weight from it probably isn’t helping. But on top of it being my current toy. Its my wife’s grocery getter.:)So I run it at the track. The way she runs it in the street.
May pick up some with new clutches! That would be awesome.
Sponsored