2016 GT Premium PP
Last edited:

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
2017 GT Premium here. I've had Carplay and Waze all along. System is working pretty good. Nav sucks when you get out in the sticks.
What's the benefits of this big update? Is there a list of fixes or whatever?
Thanks in advance

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
So i have been having issues with this update and still have not gotten back to where I was.

Have Sync 3 and updated to 3.0 (did not see the build id but it was an automatic update) and my display froze pretty much. I had a nav map that worked as in the arrow moved when my car moved but no Time, no phone or radio box.

Turns out having the Ford GT theme messed with this update and caused all of this. I figured it out by switching back to the Mustang GT theme and everything started functioning again. I wanted the Ford GT theme though so I started researching and someone sent me 2.2 via email.

Well I was prepared to revert back to 2.2 (not sure of build id) so that I could get the GT theme back when he tells me that the GT theme is now working in his 3.0 update. I messed around with my 3.0 version last night and cannot get the GT theme to work. Stopping short of reverting back to 2.2 can anyone assist with their knowledge of what is happening with that particular theme? Did they remove it, did the APIM code change in the 7D0-02-01 section?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
f you leave the engine running (or do the upgrade on a suitably long journey) - then the Sync system will have all the time it needs to complete the upgrade.
and yet the geniuses over at GM figured out how to keep their systems powered up during an upgrade. I turn off my Camaro, punch the "upgrade now" button and exit the car.
That Ford's method requires a running engine is stupid beyond belief. (and yes I own a Sync3 Mustang)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That Ford's method requires a running engine is stupid beyond belief. (and yes I own a Sync3 Mustang)
Beyond belief? I can believe it. :wink:

Now maybe I'm different, but I regularly drive my car for the 10-15 minutes the update takes so I don't mind following Ford's rule. My music still plays, my phone stays connected. These updates are not something that have any urgency. I can live with it.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anything different in this update? its been a while

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
first page updated with title and image thanks hoosier

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
I’d love to know how to get back to the GT startup/shutdown screens and the blue colour scheme.
You have to revert back to 3.0 Cuild 18093 or 2.2 version. V3.0 19205 will not allow the Ford GT splash screen as of today

I have version 2.2 from a guy on here but the 3.0 I was sent is 19205 so as of now my only option is to turn off automatic updates and use 2.2 until something changes or someone can provide 3.0 18093

Sponsored

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Why is the SYNC update requirement to have car idling (running) during the 60 minute update duration?
To keep your car from shutting down during the update and save the battery. Not much of an issue on my Mustang but it is a requirement on my Taurus.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
is there the option to change wallpaper? i saw it on 3.2 on 2019 focus

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Only the ones that can use 3.2 and above can do that... becasue there is more space available for it to do that...

apdlmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
It doesn't require it to be started, they are probably saying it now just to be safe because they got sick of people bricking their shit by doing something dumb like trying to run the update with the car off but radio still running like when you stop the engine but don't open the door yet. And I've never had an update take longer than maybe 10 minutes, this one took under 5.

For content: If you're using OSX and get an LST_ERR05 error when trying to use the prepared USB drive, make sure that it put the files in a SyncMyRide folder and didn't just name the extracted files "SyncMyRide\(filename)". When I got this error, I plugged the drive back into my mac, created the SyncMyRide folder, put the archives into that folder, and removed the "SuncMyRide\" part from each filename and it ran just fine.
Sponsored