Which Headers to go with?

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
2017 GT with PP. Borla ATAK Exhaust is the only mod. It’s a toy car so I want more sound out of it before going a cam route. So I believe headers would be a good choice. Not sure which company or size to go with. I do have to get emissions every 2 years. Also is the Ngauge enough to retune after header install? Let me know what you guys would pair to the Borla ATAK system. Thanks
Sponsored

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Texas speed is the best bang for the buck. Best overall header is either kooks or Corsa in my opinion. I went with Texas speed on my 2018 Whipple car and haven’t looked back. 1 7/8” is the way to go

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Texas speed is the best bang for the buck. Best overall header is either kooks or Corsa in my opinion. I went with Texas speed on my 2018 Whipple car and haven’t looked back. 1 7/8” is the way to go
Did you go cat less or a green cats and did you have to get a tune afterwords

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
2017 GT with PP. Borla ATAK Exhaust is the only mod. It’s a toy car so I want more sound out of it before going a cam route. So I believe headers would be a good choice. Not sure which company or size to go with. I do have to get emissions every 2 years. Also is the Ngauge enough to retune after header install? Let me know what you guys would pair to the Borla ATAK system. Thanks
If you have to do emissions id stay stock depending on how your state does emissions. If it's just scannimg the OBD port no big deal, if they require dyno you may have a problem even with "catted" systems.

Kooks are my personal favorites, best quality, best reputation for fitment, lots of dyno proven gains to validate the design.

Great resale value.

Thats what id go with.

I wouldnt recommend going catless that makes your car smell like asshole... For the equivalent power "gain" as a warm dyno run vs a cool run... Imho not worth it on a street car.

Sponsored

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
Kooks, Stainless works or Arh but Ive heard Arh has fitment issues. Texas Speed just got into the coyote recently but has as an amazing reputation in the LS crowd.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Kooks, Stainless works or Arh but Ive heard Arh has fitment issues. Texas Speed just got into the coyote recently but has as an amazing reputation in the LS crowd.
My ARH headers fit perfect. No issues whatsoever.

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I love my Kook's, but you're gonna pay a good bit for them. I can say there were no fitment issues, no leaks, no problems with anything so far. But hey, ARH and Stainless Works are top shelf headers, also. I've heard good things about Texas Speed and Corsa concerning quality and fitment as well.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
From the looks of various dynos, NA cars don't really benefit hugely from long tubes. However, you mentioned wanting more sound. Have you looked into MAC cat delete pipes? You can replace the driver manifold with 11-14 and they will bolt right up. When you need testing, bolt the OEM cats back on, load stock tune and pass the test... Just a thought since the ultimate goal is sound not HP.

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
ARH with catted x-pipe fit my 2017 like a glove. I have the full ARH system which has been perfect in every way.

No experience with any others so I can’t comment beyond that.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Full ARH here. Great system. Haven’t heard of any fit issues in the past. They are relatively costly

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have Stainless Power headers with CATs - excellent sound, fitment and aesthetics

Kooks are fantastic in my opinion as well - can never go wrong with a company who has been around since the age of time

Corsa does make a great product but I am not familiar with their headers

Wither way you travel I think you will be happy with your choice :)

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Texas Speed or LTH would be my opinion. Both are great setups and are awesome quality. Hit us up over at Lethalperformance.com if you would like to get a great deal on a set.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
No issues with my Corsa headers. I will second the other poster that said to stay stock if emissions are required. Not worth the headache.
Sponsored