Sponsored

Bullitt and FordPass App.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thank you for finding this. After reading the title I got all excited!

But

I just reviewed the article and responded directly to that thread.

In short fordpass is not fordpass connect. This would be hard (not impossible) to change overnight as fordpass requires hardware in the vehicle.
Good morning Bear. I read this differently. There has never been a charge for FordPass, the app. The charge was for the “connected” features. Therefore anyone who has the modem will now have free service for life. Am I wrong?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
@Bikeman315
You could stretch it to that, but the article continually uses the phrase "fordpass" and not "fordpass connect". Even the page the author links to says "fordpass connect" and not "fordpass". I am not a journalism major, but semantics matter in reporting.

Has ford posted anything on their site about this? The fordpass connect website still has the following on the bottom of the page:

"Service on 2018 and prior model year vehicles includes a complimentary 5-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, that starts with original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). Service for 2019 model year vehicles includes a complimentary 2-year trial period for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with the original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). Service for 2020 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). "​

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315
You could stretch it to that, but the article continually uses the phrase "fordpass" and not "fordpass connect". Even the page the author links to says "fordpass connect" and not "fordpass". I am not a journalism major, but semantics matter in reporting.

Has ford posted anything on their site about this? The fordpass connect website still has the following on the bottom of the page:

"Service on 2018 and prior model year vehicles includes a complimentary 5-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, that starts with original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). Service for 2019 model year vehicles includes a complimentary 2-year trial period for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with the original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). Service for 2020 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with original vehicle sales date (after which, fees may apply). "​
Maybe I'm just an optimist and hoping all Bullitt owners get what they are entitled too.

This is from fordauthority.com:

FordPass Services Are Now Free
One of the big features that Ford has been adding to cars since 2016 for some 2017 year model rides is FordPass connected services. When the services first launched, they were offered via one, two, or five-year trial subscriptions depending on the model year of the vehicle. Ford has now announced the FordPass Connect service is now free.

The move makes Ford the first automaker to offers its remote features to drivers at no cost. The Blue Oval points out that GM’s OnStar costs as much as $14.99 per month after the free 3-month trial with a new car ends. FordPass with FordPass Connect creates a single mobile platform where owners can start/stop/unlock their vehicles remotely.

Maybe?

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Yes, picked up my BULLITT March 20th....so build date most definitely prior to Feb 4th!!! just got this message from my salesman!! I’ll get a day permit and go in to have it looked at and get a tutorial on its functions...cool!!

“Send me your vin number and I can get the build date for your car. Not sure if you got my text the other day, but service wants to see your car. There maybe an issue with Ford pass and your car!”

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm just an optimist and hoping all Bullitt owners get what they are entitled too.

This is from fordauthority.com:

FordPass Services Are Now Free
One of the big features that Ford has been adding to cars since 2016 for some 2017 year model rides is FordPass connected services. When the services first launched, they were offered via one, two, or five-year trial subscriptions depending on the model year of the vehicle. Ford has now announced the FordPass Connect service is now free.

The move makes Ford the first automaker to offers its remote features to drivers at no cost. The Blue Oval points out that GM’s OnStar costs as much as $14.99 per month after the free 3-month trial with a new car ends. FordPass with FordPass Connect creates a single mobile platform where owners can start/stop/unlock their vehicles remotely.

Maybe?
I asked my ford service manager if he had heard about this. He noted that he had no idea how they were gonna pull this off for members who did not have the factory embedded modem. At this point, the only thing that service managers have received is an email with no information about how they are to address this. In short, and in my opinion, he was preparing for the poop-storm of people trying to get this when there car does not have the modem installed.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I just checked my Bullitt and had a build date of Feb 2019 and no exact date. I also checked the trunk and found no wiring harness or bracket, pretty much empty. I am going back to my dealership and gripe about it to both my sales guy and the service manager as my information package still mentions Fordpass Connect!! I don't like having paid for something that should have been there!! :curse::angry:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked my Bullitt and had a build date of Feb 2019 and no exact date. I also checked the trunk and found no wiring harness or bracket, pretty much empty. I am going back to my dealership and gripe about it to both my sales guy and the service manager as my information package still mentions Fordpass Connect!! I don't like having paid for something that should have been there!! :curse::angry:
Also, write a letter to your Atorney General, and cc ford corporate. That will gain you a bit more leverage.

meangreen83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hi so I’m new here. I am picking up my new Bullitt on Thursday and like most people here according to all of the literature the car should have had the connected feature. I didn’t realize until after the fact that it doesn’t seem to. I reached out to Ford about this and was told that NO the car does not have the modem and that they were unaware that the owner page says it’s standard on the Bullitt. However AT&T does seem to have a fix for this in the form of the Harman Spark which is basically a telematics device that plugs into the OBDII port and offers connected services as well as 4g lte. The cost of the decide is approx 80$ with 20$ a month for service. Now I’m still miffed that the Bullitt doesn’t have it and have contemplated telling the dealer on Thursday that I would just rather buy the GT 350 that they have. But the GT 350 as amazing as it is still lacks the other tech features I wanted in the car. So long story short, that the word from Ford to me is that no it’s not available on the Bullitt and they are unaware it’s listed as a standard feature on the website.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
they are unaware it’s listed as a standard feature on the website
BS
It really sucks that this is happening to you. Forget about the OBDII crap through, that may be the old Smartlink. It will give you a hotspot but probably still will not work with FordPass. Also why would you pay for something that is supposed to be free.

Edit....Show your dealer this. This is not Ford's website.

https://www.automotiveworld.com/new...mustang-bullitt-special-edition-run-extended/

The FordPass Connect modem will be available as standard, and brings a range of invaluable features such as Live Traffic, Wi-Fi hotspot. Download the FordPass App on your smartphone and you can access even more FordPass Connect features. For example, remote locking & unlocking, vehicle location, and more.

meangreen83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
BS
It really sucks that this is happening to you. Forget about the OBDII crap through, that may be the old Smartlink. It will give you a hotspot but probably still will not work with FordPass. Also why would you pay for something that is supposed to be free.

Edit....Show your dealer this. This is not Ford's website.

https://www.automotiveworld.com/new...mustang-bullitt-special-edition-run-extended/

The FordPass Connect modem will be available as standard, and brings a range of invaluable features such as Live Traffic, Wi-Fi hotspot. Download the FordPass App on your smartphone and you can access even more FordPass Connect features. For example, remote locking & unlocking, vehicle location, and more.
I couldn’t agree more. However since the person I spoke with told me that “it’s not possible to retrofit them with the connect modem” it seems Ford is not going to budge much on the issue. It’s an annoyance for an otherwise awesome car. They also suggested that I contact my dealer before we close on it Thursday and tell them I would like to buy a different mustang that already has it. Well that seems like an idiotic thing to do considering I am not interested in going down to a GT and it seems rather extreme to pay a 13k difference for a GT350 just because it has WiFi. Wile yes I can easily WiFi tether from my phone (and probably get faster connections-but will never know) it’s the fact that I read the literature for the car before seeking it out and had the impression it was already on the car. Don’t get me wrong, I would love a GT 350 but at this point it’s not the most financially practical. I love the Bullitt and have since first reading about it and driving it. Maybe I’m being a hair too picky but it just seems silly to me that at this price point it’s not there considering much less expensive ones have it. Anyway that’s my gripe about it and even if the car doesn’t have it I will still love it and feel totally gratified every time I start it, although mildly annoyed about that particular feature that clearly doesn’t “come standard on the Bullitt”.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I went to my dealership to gripe about the connect feature not being available and I had also mentioned the vehicle did not have the modem in the left side trunk of the vehicle. Given at the time of pickup of my Bullitt he had been provided the connect feature brochures with the information package stating a local cellular provider provided the cellular service to the vehicle. I also had mentioned to the sales guy that the connect feature was a standard option on the vehicle and it was not on the vehicle. He had a copy of my build sheet and we both reviewed it and it did not show the “sync connect” option on the build sheet. My Bullitt is K4675 and was built on 02/19, with no exact date. The sales guy showed another build sheet from another Bullitt K0010 built before me and it also did not have the “sync connect” option on the vehicle. I stated the point that this was a standard option on the Bullitt not a configuration option for the vehicle, so we are still perplexed by this issue. Fordpass is an absolutely useless tool without the connect features on the vehicle. We both looked at other vehicles i.e. Edge, Fusion with their build sheet and in red was the “sync connect” feature for those vehicles. So I guess its safe to say if it isn’t on the build sheet, you don’t have it. The is an arguable point, so I am going to speak with the dealership’s GM on this, because clearly I am not paying for a product that is missing parts that were stated on brochures and the information package provided. This is false advertising and misleading the public egregiously.

Ronin47

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This from the Ford site says standard on the 2019 Bullitt and GT 350 and optional on Ecoboost Premium with 201a and GT Premium with 401a. Ford should be held to this.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html
There are numerous places that show FordPass Connect as being in the Bullitt. Ford screwed this one up royally. Will they ever admit it? Will they do anything to fix it? Stay tuned.
Sponsored