Sponsored

D!*%head mustang guy

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
this guy ran a stop sign just to get behind me thinking i'd play.. I didnt. I dont.. I wont. I have a lucrative career, a great driving record and value my financial stability too much to be goaded into doing something stupid.
stop and wave them past next time if they are being tailgating dicks I suppose. I understand your position but let them go rip and get a ticket
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
you know whats funny.. I said the road had a 35 mph limit. never said how fast I was going. some of the responses here are typical of what I expected..

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
WRT getting past slowpokes in the fast lane, sometimes it's just not possible. It's best to rehearse your mantra: "This driver does not make me angry; he behaves in a certain way and I let myself be angry about it." If you manage to get past on the right, give a casual wave and be gone. Unless you have a sign like mine. Usually, this notice results in a change of lanes; from time to time they'll speed up to the common speed for the traffic-as-it-is and we're all happy. If we don't feel as if we have to win some kind of contest. Seldom, the passed and noticed person speeds up and goes away, proving another point or two.

An underlying principle of traffic is that you shouldn't make waves. No one should ever have to accelerate, brake, or steer because of something you (inadvertently, we hope) did. Not an easy goal to achieve, but a worthwhile attitude, In my view.
LeftLaneIsFoPassing.jpg

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
So is the OP attitude is you have a reason & a right to block, delay, hinder somebody else's progress, use, or enjoyment of the road because you got there first. And what you are doing is righteous and the other person is wrong. And that is why you are denying them passage !? Is that keeps going through the heads of the slow car drivers that won't pull over ahead of me!?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I am sometimes aware of this situation and I'll enter the corner, dive down to the apex, near a guardrail, and exit throttle down. the driver in my rear view can't believe what they are seeing, and can't catch up as I accelerate out of sight. Track driving on the street. Works every time.
Until u run into a miata...

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So is the OP attitude is you have a reason & a right to block, delay, hinder somebody else's progress, use, or enjoyment of the road because you got there first. And what you are doing is righteous and the other person is wrong. And that is why you are denying them passage !? Is that keeps going through the heads of the slow car drivers that won't pull over ahead of me!?
If the OP was going the speed limit the other mustang can go fuck himself. Public roads arent your personal racetrack. And hes 100% in the right to maintain his speed. And if he chose to pull over that's him being nice not something the faster moron was entitled to.

No one gives a fuck about your enjoyment... If you want enjoyment go to a racetrack like an adult.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You should have just gotten over and let him pass if it bothered you THAT much
That's what I do when someone comes up fast behind me in my local 2 lane road. I usually won't go more than 10 over at the max, so if someone comes up fast on me I just let them by.

If the OP was going the speed limit the other mustang can go fuck himself. Public roads arent your personal racetrack. And hes 100% in the right to maintain his speed. And if he chose to pull over that's him being nice not something the faster moron was entitled to.

No one gives a fuck about your enjoyment... If you want enjoyment go to a racetrack like an adult.
Lack of empathy for other drivers is a big problem on the roads. So is anger. IMO that's where a lot of dangerous situations start.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I blow around people all the time but tailgating someone on a one lane road is about as stupid as it gets if he's close to the speed limit. Actually pulling off the side of the road to let the micro dick pass is a step above in stupidity.

Btw, some people just hate getting passed no matter how you do it. I have guys speed up (:crackup: good luck with that), inch over into the other lane, and etc. Especially guys in big trucks. It's like you're stealing their manhood. Guess they're used to being the king of the road.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I don't tailgate. It puts stone chips in the paint. Only idiots tailgate or impede traffic.
The law states that once five or more cars have formed a line behind the slower driver, the slow driver is required to pull off the roadway at the earliest safe opportunity to let the following cars pass. And all you righteous handicapped drivers need to obey the law. You can do this for any number of faster moving cars behind you. It's called courtesy.
Not being courteous is rude and small minded.
Just last weekend I was in a line of no less than 30 cars following a slow car 35 miles down a mountain road.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
you know whats funny.. I said the road had a 35 mph limit. never said how fast I was going. some of the responses here are typical of what I expected..
If you were running at less than 35, you were obstructing your tailgater from achieving the speed that was fully legal for him to use. If you were running over 35 yourself, you don't have a leg to stand on. I'm beginning to think from your original post ("this guy ran a stop sign just to get behind me thinking i'd play") that the "teaching of a lesson" was your game, since you did notice his flaunting of a separate traffic regulation. Maybe you own more of this than you're admitting to.

FWIW, I don't endorse his running of the stop sign for any reason. That local law enforcement commonly uses that stretch of road is irrelevant and mostly just another argument from the scare-tactics grab-bag; sitting through an unscheduled roadside interview and having to pay for the privilege at a later date is a risk we all take at one time or another.

Too bad passing on the street won't ever become a co-operative effort like it is on the track at most HPDE events. Where the following driver waits for a point-by signal of agreed form, and the driver ahead throws such a signal as soon as he feels it is safe enough for him to do so - and takes that a step further to momentarily lift to facilitate the passing driver's maneuver. More than once, I've driven home from a track day where cars were sometimes separated by only a car length or two at 100+ . . . and found myself wishing that the average street driver was only half as disciplined as the average track day entrant. Wishful thinking, for sure.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If the OP was going the speed limit the other mustang can go fuck himself.
Exactly

And my point is don’t be tailgating the OP if he’s doing the speed limit. You’re just being a dick when you do that.
OP has not stated what his speed was. Until he does, statements like those are nothing but conjecture without basis. IOW, "what-if's".

No wonder road rage exists (and what are you interpreting all those special characters in the title of this very thread to indicate?). Enjoyment need only mean not having to drive in lock-step with some other driver who's driving literally just a couple of mph slower than you would.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Whatever dude

OP’s said the speed limit was 35 and he was tailgated.
Don't fall into the trap of assuming that 35 mph is what OP's speed was.

The guy behind him was a dick. You can spin this anyway you want but that guy was a dick.
For running the stop sign, yes. For tailgating, it depends (because we don't have any unbiased information or even both sides of the story). For making an expeditious pass when the opportunity arose, not at all. .

When you pin all of the guilt on the tailgater in this specific case, you're at least equally guilty of spinning the available information, just in a different direction.

Actually, I'd like to see a video of that stretch of road being driven at exactly 35 mph. Better yet, bracketed by same-day videos taken at a few mph above 35 and a few mph below 35. Try to not get all holier-than-thou about even suggesting a "few mph over" case unless you've never gone a few mph over the limit anywhere.

Norm

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I blow around people all the time but tailgating someone on a one lane road is about as stupid as it gets if he's close to the speed limit. Actually pulling off the side of the road to let the micro dick pass is a step above in stupidity.

Btw, some people just hate getting passed no matter how you do it. I have guys speed up (:crackup: good luck with that), inch over into the other lane, and etc. Especially guys in big trucks. It's like you're stealing their manhood. Guess they're used to being the king of the road.
If someone want to be in front bad enough to endanger everyone on the road, I let them have it 10 times out of 10 lol. I've gone alternate routes to my destination just to avoid being around some grade A asshats.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Something I alluded to earlier is that the OP never said what "tailgating" means to him. Basically to me the connotation is that someone was following closer than HE would have preferred.

Many self-righteous people in this thread may be tailgating every single day by this definition, because the person you are behind definitely has a different standard for tailgating than you do. And that is the assumption I started with when I posted in this thread. Whether or not I personally think I'm following too closely, the person in front of me might think I'm too close.

edit: and people who are judging others don't know how I define tailgating or what I do in traffic. I might leave a larger gap than you do.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is that people should try to be tolerant of each other.
Sponsored