D!*%head mustang guy

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I solved the tailgating issue years ago. One properly placed NRA and a Smith and Wesson/ Glock/ Ruger... etc. sticker and the tailgater backs off. It helps in states that allow concealed carry.
Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hey man u should have gotten his name sounds like he'll be doing a part out thread soon...

I wouldnt mind picking up some parts

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I solved the tailgating issue years ago. One properly placed NRA and a Smith and Wesson/ Glock/ Ruger... etc. sticker and the tailgater backs off. It helps in states that allow concealed carry.
America is such an interesting country... You do that some parts of the world might as well have a "hey follow me home and come rob me" sign on your car...

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
so he smoked you and you're crying on the internet now?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Totally guilty of passing people that go slower than I want to go at that given time. Also totally guilty of being the slow guy. When it comes to peoples paces, posted speed limit is almost irrelevant. I will however just go slower before the "fun" section of road to give myself lots of space to eat up without anyone to slow me down instead of tailgating. I don't like being tailgated and I don't like eating the debris kicked up when following too close to someone.
Same here I just go intentionally slower until I have a good gap unless someone is behind me. On alot of the road test type driving videos like the smoking tire channel on youtube they have good examples of people pulling over to let the faster driver past. If the person wont pull over to wave the faster driver by, the faster driver pulls over themselves and wait for enough of a gap to continue driving at their preferred pace. This seems like the common etiquette for driving on fun driving roads.

Some people driving below the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway I do give them a nice punishment cutouts-open 7700 rpm flyby so they wake up and realize they were failures at getting out of the passing lane.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
^^^. I can’t believe you typed that ^^^^

If your following my Nissan Sentra at 40 miles an hour with my kids in the backseat and your tailgating me and a car stops abruptly and I have stop and you don’t react , my kids are dead.
Your vehicle will go right thru the trunk of that car and crush my kids.

Don’t be silly here. Tailgating is very dangerous and people do die from it. Slow the heck down and give the car in front of you plenty of space.
Agreed, no real reason to tailgate. You might initially come close not realizing how much slower the car is in front of you, but after that back the heck off.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Same here I just go intentionally slower until I have a good gap unless someone is behind me. On alot of the road test type driving videos like the smoking tire channel on youtube they have good examples of people pulling over to let the faster driver past. If the person wont pull over to wave the faster driver by, the faster driver pulls over themselves and wait for enough of a gap to continue driving at their preferred pace. This seems like the common etiquette for driving on fun driving roads.

Some people driving below the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway I do give them a nice punishment cutouts-open 7700 rpm flyby so they wake up and realize they were failures at getting out of the passing lane.
Slower people in the left lane get passed and then I slow down till they get over and then I speed up. Usually they stay in the right lane for a while and others can pass them more easily. There are those occasions where they immediately get back in the left lane though. I get away from those ones lol.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Slower people in the left lane get passed and then I slow down till they get over and then I speed up. Usually they stay in the right lane for a while and others can pass them more easily. There are those occasions where they immediately get back in the left lane though. I get away from those ones lol.
I dont slow down after, usually the 7700 rpm flyby works. After I get back in the left lane I usually see them put their blinker on and get over lol. slowing down after is asking for people to get stupid pissed or report shit imo I just leave it at a nice flyby

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I dont slow down after, usually the 7700 rpm flyby works. After I get back in the left lane I usually see them put their blinker on and get over lol. slowing down after is asking for people to get stupid pissed or report shit imo I just leave it at a nice flyby
Fair point. I usually only run into this on a road trip anyways where the 1 slow left lane person is causing a mile of backed up traffic.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
when i lived at the base of Big Bear i didnt get annoyed when someone was doing the speed limit, I did how ever get annoyed when someone was doing the speed limit and a row of cars behind them holding up traffic and wouldnt pull over in the pass areas or speed up so no one would pass them on double lane sections. I was on a bike usually but it sucks to have to do 50-60-70-80 to pass someone in a 35 because they wanna play police. Luckily i never got caught, but once and he let me go. i guess he understood? it was 65 in a 45 and a whole line of cars and the guy doing 30 in his RV.

If youre the guy holding people up then pull over in the areas designated and let them go by.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What’s the matter with use people ?

You know nothing about me and yet you suggest I drive in fear. Unbelievable.
What I said was about some new normal, intentionally written in a general way so as to not be directly aimed at you in particular. But the emotional content in your reply does suggest that it must have hit pretty close to home.

I'm not saying that your arguments are wrong, just that they are written in scare-tactics fashion like so much else these days.

Tailgating is plain stupid and puts everyone at risk.

There is never a good reason to tailgate someone ever.
You've never been in stop-and-go commuter traffic??? Consider yourself lucky.

Norm

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I might end up closer to him than he would prefer. I don't know how he defines tailgating. If there's no opportunity to pass, I typically give more room. However, if I'm on a road where almost everyone drives 45-50 mph and I come up behind someone driving 35, I might tailgate. I would feel that the person (regardless of the speed limit) is driving unreasonably slow. I would feel frustrated and it might take me a little time to back off, depending on the day.

I don't know about you, but it is very unusual for me to encounter someone that drives at or below the speed limit. When I do, they usually have a few cars tailgating them and stacked up. The person driving the speed limit is behaving unusually compared to most people. They aren't doing anything wrong, just abnormal.

The OP said that he often gets tailgated, so I expect that many "normal" behaving drivers are surprised by his speed being as slow as it is. Either that, or his definition of tailgating is different than many people's.
where did I ever say I often get tailgated? this road has a 35 mph limit for a reason. blind corners, 40-50' drop off if you leave the road ( no shoulder in that area) the fact that its the route used by sheriff deputies to go to anmd from their facility is another big reason not to drive like a fool.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
You should have just gotten over and let him pass if it bothered you THAT much
no shoulder available to pull over. sharp drop-off and blind corners. frankly your response is just what i'd expect from the type of guy who does this..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
this guy ran a stop sign just to get behind me thinking i'd play.. I didnt. I dont.. I wont. I have a lucrative career, a great driving record and value my financial stability too much to be goaded into doing something stupid.
Sponsored