2019 Mustang GT adding active exhaust problems

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I've switched it on in the cluster but I can't change anything in the PCM. Never received the 'Exhaust not available' message though.

Surely someone on here works for Ford's service dept.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok I have read what you are doing and talking about using forscan to program it. I have never used forscan but guessing it is a aftermarket software people use. That being said have you ever used a Ford VCM 2 with the IDS software it comes with?
I have not hooked it up to my 2019 Mustang GT yet but have used it on a 2012 F150 to turn on the electric brake controller. You can go into the Programmable Module turn things on and off, change tire size ect
v.jpg

Don’t you also have to be a Ford Tech (or know someone) to have access to that hardware? Or can it be procured elsewhere (and for less than Ford cost)?

Forscan works in the same manner and allows the user to change “As Built” module coding. Forscan is the software, then there are various types of “dongles” that can be used by plugging them into the OBD port to read/write data.

The only thing that can’t be done via Forscan is the ability to perform firmware software updates to the modules. Example would be if there is a revision to the 10R80 software logic... I’ve asked about being able to do such a task and unless something has changed recently, maybe someone on here who is Forscan saavy can chime in...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok I have read what you are doing and talking about using forscan to program it. I have never used forscan but guessing it is a aftermarket software people use. That being said have you ever used a Ford VCM 2 with the IDS software it comes with?
I have not hooked it up to my 2019 Mustang GT yet but have used it on a 2012 F150 to turn on the electric brake controller. You can go into the Programmable Module turn things on and off, change tire size ect
v.jpg

Don’t you also have to be a Ford Tech (or know someone) to have access to that hardware? Or can it be procured elsewhere (and for less than Ford cost)?

Forscan works in the same manner and allows the user to change “As Built” module coding. Forscan is the software, then there are various types of “dongles” that can be used by plugging them into the OBD port to read/write data.

The only thing that can’t be done via Forscan is the ability to perform firmware software updates to the modules. Example would be if there is a revision to the 10R80 software logic... I’ve asked about being able to do such a task and unless something has changed recently, maybe someone on here who is Forscan saavy can chime in...

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
No you don't have to be a Ford Tech
I just went to hook it up and found that the IDS software has expired it is only good for 1 year
looking at the Ford site to renew it there should be no problem programing it because it is same software Ford uses
The only problem is hate to buy a 2day 30 day or a year because I don't need it right now if someone wants to buy a 2 day I will hook it up and test it
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
The VCM 2 can be bought from say ebay they sell knock off units but never heard anything bad about them its the software that makes the big deal

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The other thing when you use IDS it pulls the latest firmware for what ever you are working on from Ford's cloud
I think the forscan can only read what is in the car and will only made changes to it

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
I am willing to pay for the 2 day license if that will get us closer. I have a 2019 with all the cables, Fuses and Relays and would like to add this option.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
think I found it using the FJDS ford software
m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I don't believe those are the settings. Active Noise Control uses microphones in the car to 'noise cancel' using the speakers.
Personality setting switch inhibit is the walk up keyless entry

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure where to turn it on but I am sure you can do it some where in this software
I have it so everything is turned on

Sponsored

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
Ok I have what I think will be excellent news for a lot of people. So as you can see earlier in this thread I bought a 2019 A10 401A Magnaride PP1 Safe Smart GT in August. It did not have AE and I wanted it. It did already have the wiring (except for the 3 harnesses in the back to the acutators. So I purchased the following items:
1 - JR3Z-14A411-J wiring harness (Y harness)
2 - JR3Z-14A411-H wiring harnesses (from Y to actuator)
2 - JR3Z-5K245-B actuators
1 - 140742BC Borla S-Type Active exhaust system with black chrome tips

Now I installed the exhaust last weekend and used forscan to enable it on the dash IPC 720-10-01. I enabled nothing else. In one of these posts it said 720-04-01 as well but I did not touch it. Now like everyone else I tried a few things with other as built data but nothing panned out. So I had ordered an E85 tune from PBD during black Friday sale earlier in the month. I had already sent a copy of my stock file to them to get the initial tune to me. I got my initial file from them day before thanksgiving. I was planning on taking the car to a dealer here who did the other gentleman who got his working by having the dealer turn it on in the PCM. I had wanted to do that over this long weekend, but it dawned on me that it would get overwritten by my PDB tune because it was not done BEFORE I sent them the stock file. So I send them a response explaining what I had done and what I hoped to accomplish. I asked if I had to resend a file after I have it fixed by dealer OR does HP tuners allow you to turn it on/off (as it does for hellcats, vettes, and camaros). So this after noon they sent me another initial tune (I never loaded the other one) and they said he wasn't sure if it would work, but he turned it on. IT WORKS!!!!! I have full factory active exhaust now. So those of you that are already tuned by an HP tuners tuner you can have it turned on (assuming you have all the other parts installed)

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
@
Ok I have what I think will be excellent news for a lot of people. So as you can see earlier in this thread I bought a 2019 A10 401A Magnaride PP1 Safe Smart GT in August. It did not have AE and I wanted it. It did already have the wiring (except for the 3 harnesses in the back to the acutators. So I purchased the following items:
1 - JR3Z-14A411-J wiring harness (Y harness)
2 - JR3Z-14A411-H wiring harnesses (from Y to actuator)
2 - JR3Z-5K245-B actuators
1 - 140742BC Borla S-Type Active exhaust system with black chrome tips

Now I installed the exhaust last weekend and used forscan to enable it on the dash IPC 720-10-01. I enabled nothing else. In one of these posts it said 720-04-01 as well but I did not touch it. Now like everyone else I tried a few things with other as built data but nothing panned out. So I had ordered an E85 tune from PBD during black Friday sale earlier in the month. I had already sent a copy of my stock file to them to get the initial tune to me. I got my initial file from them day before thanksgiving. I was planning on taking the car to a dealer here who did the other gentleman who got his working by having the dealer turn it on in the PCM. I had wanted to do that over this long weekend, but it dawned on me that it would get overwritten by my PDB tune because it was not done BEFORE I sent them the stock file. So I send them a response explaining what I had done and what I hoped to accomplish. I asked if I had to resend a file after I have it fixed by dealer OR does HP tuners allow you to turn it on/off (as it does for hellcats, vettes, and camaros). So this after noon they sent me another initial tune (I never loaded the other one) and they said he wasn't sure if it would work, but he turned it on. IT WORKS!!!!! I have full factory active exhaust now. So those of you that are already tuned by an HP tuners tuner you can have it turned on (assuming you have all the other parts installed)
Is it possible to reach out to HP tuners to know what they enabled to make it work. I have the VCS 2 and would like to activate it.

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@

Is it possible to reach out to HP tuners to know what they enabled to make it work. I have the VCS 2 and would like to activate it.
I will ask PDB what was turned on and will relay the information assuming he tells me.

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent them an email. Not sure if they will respond on a Sunday or not , but once I get their reply will let you know.
Sponsored