Sponsored

GT500 vs It's competitors: Is it really overprice ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want PP1 + A10, or a PP2 you have to order it.
Not around here. PP2 is not at all unusual. With A10 is considerably more common than with manual. The 6MT are getting harder to find it seems this late into the model year.
Obviously selection is highly influenced by what the local dealers feel like stocking and what gets sold thru in a decent amount of time. Now in late 2018 and early 2019 there were very few MR cars to be had in any config around these parts (and nationally?)
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
How do you even compare a 760 hp car to a 500 hp car? It is like comparing a 230 hp 1989 Camaro with a 365 hp 1987 Testarossa. They are in completely different classes of automobile. If you put 700 or 760 ponies in a C8, then you would have something to compare it to... The C8 Corvette just does not have the power to compete for acceleration... I hear a lot of rumors in Michigan, I have seen 5 or 6 C8s on the road, and I have seen several GT500s driving around. I have heard that when GM was developing the C8, they were testing engines with excess of 1200 HP to make sure the chassis would hold up to the power.. Many times engineers do tests of 1.5x the actual expected loads for safety reasons, I would not be surprised if by the end of the C8 there will be an 800hp engine option...
exactly.. but go to a GM site and tell them that. hell, lurk here and wait for the trolls

V: My gut feeling is the opposite but I have no data to support the guess other than what I've read here and the fact that I'll be paying $5k.

The store says their standard Shelby ADM is $10k but because I set up the deal so long ago and got a written agreement on $5k, they chose to honor the deal.
5k is a lot different than 20k and his argument of what price range the car actually falls. also within the margin of bargaining. most of these people hang up the phone after the initial price and put 0 effort into getting a better deal. I still believe ADM is not the norm. but also justified for anyone with an order in right now.

Corvette order guide CLEARLY indicates the pricing for the base car, the Z51 package, and the MR package. The Z51 can CLEARLY be ordered in 1LT trim, 2LT trim, and 3LT trim. The fact that they chose to give MT, C&D, and R&T 3LT versions is simply due to the fact that they wanted them to also weigh in on the quality of the top level interiors and all the bells and whistles of a loaded 3LT version. It does not disprove the fact that a 1LT with Z51 delivers the performance quoted.

Do you have #s of those cars tested? no. opinion. not fact we have facts of a car as tested

. You cannot be serious. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding you. All the stuff on the cars as tested is NOT included in the base. And most of it have ZERO impact on the car’s performance. Only Z51 and MagnaRide impact performance. PDR and HUD help communicate to the driver. The rest is comfort and convenience stuff. The kinda stuff Ford leaves off of Shelby models to reduce cost and mass.

Communicating to the driver is an important part of driving a car to its limits -

Ford and GM do have different ways of approaching this. What GM does is set up the base model as a 1LT. Some dealers stock them, some don’t. 2LT adds some packaged options. 3LT adds even more options. Then there are free flow options like Carbon Fibre roof panels and different color engine covers. If I were to order a C8, I would have to order at least a 2LT because 1LT doesn’t have HUD. I like HUD. Doesn’t mean I couldn’t find a 1LT on a lot, though.

you just proved my point, you could, but no buyers are going to forgoe the added comforts when spending that much
Conversely, referencing a debate I have constantly with a Mustang driver on C6G, you would be hard pressed to find a Mustang GT with PP1 and A10 or a PP2 on a dealer’s lot. Most Mustang GTs on dealer lots are either A10 with no PP or PP1 6MT. If you want PP1 + A10, or a PP2 you have to order it. And I live less than 10 miles from Ford HQ and less than 25 miles from the Mustang plant. You’d think if there was anywhere where dealers would stock the top performing GT model. GM plays it the other way. Dealers usually stock the higher content models, but ANYBODY can order a bone stock model. That’s what I did with my first Vette in 1987.

I think you just proved my point again

Literally the first time I’ve heard back seat availability as a buy or no buy on a track car. Different buyers, different needs. I have a back seat. Been there since I got the car 2-1/2 years ago. Having trouble recalling having anyone back there more than 5 times in the entire time I’ve owned it.

literally no less than 50% of the buying market wants to be able to take more than 1 person to a place in a car
5 times is more than 0. Proved my point yet again

Unless you compare to any of the people that have already ordered a 2020 Stingray 1LT Z51 for less than $70k. I know several such people and their orders are as real as yours. The cars they’ve ordered have also already been 3rd party tested at faster 0-60 than the car that you’re paying more for.

Got links to such reviews and tests?
And your car is faster 1/4 mile than the cars that they’ve paid for. I genuinely hope all of you are very happy with your cars when you receive them, because whether they have a snake badge or a twin flag badge, they’re gonna be great cars. Enjoy them and quit trying to convince people that one or the other sucks. They don’t. They’re different and have different value propositions.
100% agree
IN Bold

I've sat in the new GT500 and C8 Corvette in all three interior trim levels. Even in 1LT trim the C8 Corvette has better interior quality than the GT500 and it should given the GT500's roots are a $20kish Ecoboost model.

100% opinion, and not shared by the GM favoring magazines that we are taking the stats from

People really need to stop saying the Shelby Mustangs and Corvettes don't compete against each other for the automotive enthusiasts dollar because they do. I'm living proof as a diehard Shelby owner currently driving a Vette.

They dont
Dollar for dollar, you're correct. Seat for Seat (where it matters), they will not. Different strokes for different folks. We seem to package our preconceived notions about marketing based on our biased opinions on where we think these cars should fall (I was one of them). Some people would never dream of owning a GT500 because it’s made by Ford. I’ve never understood blind brand loyalty.

With that said, I’d venture to say most purchasing the GT500 will be doing so already having a different daily driver…so back seats won’t be high priority (for most).
wrong. I have 2 DD choices, F150 and explorer. but im buying a 2020 car, expensive, special ordered, its going to have insurance and a license plate. It will be driven on public roads and not for 100% only race duty, and no less than 50% of the market like me, want to take our entire families to places, using 1 vehicle not multiple, or making trips.

this is why i say they should not be compared

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
wrong. I have 2 DD choices, F150 and explorer. but im buying a 2020 car, expensive, special ordered, its going to have insurance and a license plate. It will be driven on public roads and not for 100% only race duty, and no less than 50% of the market like me, want to take our entire families to places, using 1 vehicle not multiple, or making trips.

this is why i say they should not be compared
Do you see what you are arguing? You are taking your personal experience and apply a blanket statement without taking into consideration other peoples interests.

People are going to cross shop the C8 and GT500 based solely on performance and price. They will view the backseat on the GT500 as a nicety, but nothing more. It’s too expensive and has too much horsepower for the average joe to throw a child seat in the back on a regular basis. Will it a backseat be a requirement for a select few? Absolutely. But for the GT500, they will be in the minority.

Again, the simple fact that a backseat exists does not preclude folks from cross shopping these vehicles or making valid comparisons.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Do you see what you are arguing? You are taking your personal experience and apply a blanket statement without taking into consideration other peoples interests.

People are going to cross shop the C8 and GT500 based solely on performance and price. They will view the backseat on the GT500 as a nicety, but nothing more. It’s too expensive and has too much horsepower for the average joe to throw a child seat in the back on a regular basis. Will it a backseat be a requirement for a select few? Absolutely. But for the GT500, they will be in the minority.

Again, the simple fact that a backseat exists does not preclude folks from cross shopping these vehicles or making valid comparisons.
Do you see what you are arguing? You are taking your personal experience and apply a blanket statement without taking into consideration other peoples interests. Most people view a backseat as a necessity, especially when crossing the $50k price tag. its too expensive for the average joe not to consider backseats when purchasing.
Again, the simple fact that a backseat does not exist precludes folks from cross shopping these vehicles or making valid comparisons

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Combination of my last post + V00D00's replies said:
Corvette order guide CLEARLY indicates the pricing for the base car, the Z51 package, and the MR package. The Z51 can CLEARLY be ordered in 1LT trim, 2LT trim, and 3LT trim. The fact that they chose to give MT, C&D, and R&T 3LT versions is simply due to the fact that they wanted them to also weigh in on the quality of the top level interiors and all the bells and whistles of a loaded 3LT version. It does not disprove the fact that a 1LT with Z51 delivers the performance quoted.

Do you have #s of those cars tested? no. opinion. not fact we have facts of a car as tested

. You cannot be serious. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding you. All the stuff on the cars as tested is NOT included in the base. And most of it have ZERO impact on the car’s performance. Only Z51 and MagnaRide impact performance. PDR and HUD help communicate to the driver. The rest is comfort and convenience stuff. The kinda stuff Ford leaves off of Shelby models to reduce cost and mass.

Communicating to the driver is an important part of driving a car to its limits -

Ford and GM do have different ways of approaching this. What GM does is set up the base model as a 1LT. Some dealers stock them, some don’t. 2LT adds some packaged options. 3LT adds even more options. Then there are free flow options like Carbon Fibre roof panels and different color engine covers. If I were to order a C8, I would have to order at least a 2LT because 1LT doesn’t have HUD. I like HUD. Doesn’t mean I couldn’t find a 1LT on a lot, though.

you just proved my point, you could, but no buyers are going to forgoe the added comforts when spending that much [FWIW, I was actually trying to agree with you while pointing out WHY that is the case. Thanks for noticing]
Conversely, referencing a debate I have constantly with a Mustang driver on C6G, you would be hard pressed to find a Mustang GT with PP1 and A10 or a PP2 on a dealer’s lot. Most Mustang GTs on dealer lots are either A10 with no PP or PP1 6MT. If you want PP1 + A10, or a PP2 you have to order it. And I live less than 10 miles from Ford HQ and less than 25 miles from the Mustang plant. You’d think if there was anywhere where dealers would stock the top performing GT model. GM plays it the other way. Dealers usually stock the higher content models, but ANYBODY can order a bone stock model. That’s what I did with my first Vette in 1987.

I think you just proved my point again [FWIW, I was actually trying to agree with you while pointing out WHY that is the case. Thanks for noticing]

Literally the first time I’ve heard back seat availability as a buy or no buy on a track car. Different buyers, different needs. I have a back seat. Been there since I got the car 2-1/2 years ago. Having trouble recalling having anyone back there more than 5 times in the entire time I’ve owned it.

literally no less than 50% of the buying market wants to be able to take more than 1 person to a place in a car
5 times is more than 0. Proved my point yet again [I don't make my choice of PRIMARY vehicle based on a 5 time in a blue moon usage. Likewise, I don't make my choice of a THIRD vehicle based on things the other two already handle MUCH better]

Unless you compare to any of the people that have already ordered a 2020 Stingray 1LT Z51 for less than $70k. I know several such people and their orders are as real as yours. The cars they’ve ordered have also already been 3rd party tested at faster 0-60 than the car that you’re paying more for.

Got links to such reviews and tests?
And your car is faster 1/4 mile than the cars that they’ve paid for. I genuinely hope all of you are very happy with your cars when you receive them, because whether they have a snake badge or a twin flag badge, they’re gonna be great cars. Enjoy them and quit trying to convince people that one or the other sucks. They don’t. They’re different and have different value propositions.
100% agree
OMG.....I KNOW I should not be replying to this, but here goes.... You seem to be suggesting that because the cars as tested had a bunch of interior trim options that rolled the price up from a possible $67k to $88k, the $88k car is the only configuration capable of a 2.8s 0-60? Do you honestly believe that? So then, following that same logic, Ford has to test the GT500 both with and without painted on stripes, because Lord knows that $86k non CFTP must be faster than that $76k non-CFTP. Here is a 2020 Stingray in Corvette Configurator with 1LT trim plus Z51 package (ie - all the go-fast stuff, none of the fluff). This is PROOF that a car can be ordered for $67k with all the performance parts.

C8 Z51 Configurator.JPG

And here's a 2020 Stingray in Corvette Configurator as close as I can get to what MT, C&D, and R&T tested. Please point out which pieces in the $86k car make it faster than the $67k car?
C8 Z51 3LT Configurator.JPG

If there are none, than it follows to reason that the $67k 1LT car can achieve the same numbers that have been 3rd party tested at 0-60 in 2.8s and 1/4 mile in 11.1s for the $86k 3LT car. Meanwhile the GT500 is company stated as "mid-3s range" with none tested at this time. I really didn't think it was that hard to grasp. And again, it doesn't mean that I think GT500 sucks. I actually like the car. It just means that the Stingray Z51 can cost less and is faster 0-60 and that the GT500 will need to beat 11.1 in the quarter to get that specific win. If it comes in under 11s as Carl Widmann has said it can, then great. Until that happens, 2020 Stingray is on the leader board.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not around here. PP2 is not at all unusual. With A10 is considerably more common than with manual. The 6MT are getting harder to find it seems this late into the model year.
Obviously selection is highly influenced by what the local dealers feel like stocking and what gets sold thru in a decent amount of time. Now in late 2018 and early 2019 there were very few MR cars to be had in any config around these parts (and nationally?)
Assuming you are talking about PP1 for the bold part. PP2 is 6MT only.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Do you see what you are arguing? You are taking your personal experience and apply a blanket statement without taking into consideration other peoples interests. Most people view a backseat as a necessity, especially when crossing the $50k price tag. its too expensive for the average joe not to consider backseats when purchasing.

Again, the simple fact that a backseat does not exist precludes folks from cross shopping these vehicles or making valid comparisons
Funny, You couldn’t be more incorrect about your rhetoric. I purchased my 2016GT because it had rear seats. I needed them. It was my daily driver and at the time, I had no need for an additional vehicle. My personal experience says, those that need a back seat will look for vehicles with a back seat. Had a GT350 been available without admin, I would have purchased one. Had it not had a back seat, I would not have.

You see, your post takes what you need and tries to apply it to everyone else instead of looking at what the performance and price point dictates. My post makes generalizations, but no hard statements. Notice I say that people are going to cross shop (they are). Notice I say a backseat at this price point will not be a requirement for all but a select few. Notice that you make a blanket statement that these cars should not be compared because they don’t offer the same amount of seats…as if this is the single most deciding factor when purchasing these cars?

Now, had you been talking about the GT, sure…you would be mostly correct. We aren’t talking about a GT though. We are talking about a vehicle that compares better (in both performance and price) to performance two seaters than it does a pony car. Will some people look at or choose the GT500 over a C8 because it has backseats? Absolutely. They however will be in the minority.

Edit:

Listen, I was in the same boat as you…thinking the GT500 isn’t that much more than the ZL1. It has the same amount of seats. It has a similar storied history. It has the same front engine/rwd configuration. This must be where this car falls in the market segment right?

The more I thought about this, the more I realized there is no hard rules on these comparisons. People are going to shop cars for a wide variety of reasons. People will buy the GT500 carbon package regardless of its seating configuration. You could remove the rear seats from all of the GT500’s entirely and Ford would still easily sell every single last one of them with markups.

Honestly, I think this is a compliment to the GT500. It’s going to have performance unlike any mustang ever made. It has a transmission previously never used in any pony car. It’s ¼ mile time is not only better than the ZL1, but will be better than the C8. It’s track performance will undoubtedly be better than the ZL1, and quite as well be better than the C8 as well. And finally, most people will NOT be able to find these without ADMIN. The few that do will either have connections or be one lucky SOB. Every one of these cars are going to have a $10k+ admin slapped on them…I venture to say that once the overall performance is released, people will pay it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
OMG.....I KNOW I should not be replying to this, but here goes.... You seem to be suggesting that because the cars as tested had a bunch of interior trim options that rolled the price up from a possible $67k to $88k, the $88k car is the only configuration capable of a 2.8s 0-60? Do you honestly believe that? So then, following that same logic, Ford has to test the GT500 both with and without painted on stripes, because Lord knows that $86k non CFTP must be faster than that $76k non-CFTP. Here is a 2020 Stingray in Corvette Configurator with 1LT trim plus Z51 package (ie - all the go-fast stuff, none of the fluff). This is PROOF that a car can be ordered for $67k with all the performance parts.

C8 Z51 Configurator.JPG

And here's a 2020 Stingray in Corvette Configurator as close as I can get to what MT, C&D, and R&T tested. Please point out which pieces in the $86k car make it faster than the $67k car?
C8 Z51 3LT Configurator.JPG

If there are none, than it follows to reason that the $67k 1LT car can achieve the same numbers that have been 3rd party tested at 0-60 in 2.8s and 1/4 mile in 11.1s for the $86k 3LT car. Meanwhile the GT500 is company stated as "mid-3s range" with none tested at this time. I really didn't think it was that hard to grasp. And again, it doesn't mean that I think GT500 sucks. I actually like the car. It just means that the Stingray Z51 can cost less and is faster 0-60 and that the GT500 will need to beat 11.1 in the quarter to get that specific win. If it comes in under 11s as Carl Widmann has said it can, then great. Until that happens, 2020 Stingray is on the leader board.
so we agree, as of now. the only metric that the C8 beats the GT500 in, is weight and 0-60, and for a person to get an "equally " equipped C8, you would spend more than you would getting an optioned GT500, and be slower in the 1/4 and on roadcourses, and be as common as honda civics - not to mention i can take my entire family out in it, and the C8 you cant. Glad we can agree

Funny, You couldn’t be more incorrect about your rhetoric. I purchased my 2016GT because it had rear seats. I needed them. It was my daily driver and at the time, I had no need for an additional vehicle. My personal experience says, those that need a back seat will look for vehicles with a back seat. Had a GT350 been available without admin, I would have purchased one. Had it not had a back seat, I would not have.

you proved my point

You see, your post takes what you need and tries to apply it to everyone else instead of looking at what the performance and price point dictates. My post makes generalizations, but no hard statements. Notice I say that people are going to cross shop (they are). Notice I say a backseat at this price point will not be a requirement for all but a select few. Notice that you make a blanket statement that these cars should not be compared because they don’t offer the same amount of seats…as if this is the single most deciding factor when purchasing these cars?

you just said you as well needed backseat - as do i. thats 2/3 of people talking about the sunject, so more than 50%? made my point for me

Now, had you been talking about the GT, sure…you would be mostly correct. We aren’t talking about a GT though. We are talking about a vehicle that compares better (in both performance and price) to performance two seaters than it does a pony car. Will some people look at or choose the GT500 over a C8 because it has backseats? Absolutely. They however will be in the minority.

again, making my points for me. much like the CTSV, the fact it performs on par or better than 2 seaters is another win. Is anyone saying they are not buying it because it has a backseat? no.. can you say the reverse about the C8? yes

Edit:

Listen, I was in the same boat as you…thinking the GT500 isn’t that much more than the ZL1. It has the same amount of seats. It has a similar storied history. It has the same front engine/rwd configuration. This must be where this car falls in the market segment right?

The more I thought about this, the more I realized there is no hard rules on these comparisons. People are going to shop cars for a wide variety of reasons. People will buy the GT500 carbon package regardless of its seating configuration. You could remove the rear seats from all of the GT500’s entirely and Ford would still easily sell every single last one of them with markups.

Honestly, I think this is a compliment to the GT500. It’s going to have performance unlike any mustang ever made. It has a transmission previously never used in any pony car. It’s ¼ mile time is not only better than the ZL1, but will be better than the C8. It’s track performance will undoubtedly be better than the ZL1, and quite as well be better than the C8 as well. And finally, most people will NOT be able to find these without ADMIN. The few that do will either have connections or be one lucky SOB. Every one of these cars are going to have a $10k+ admin slapped on them…I venture to say that once the overall performance is released, people will pay it.

I agreed with you until you spoke about ADM's, aesthetics are always #1 selling point. If you dont love the way it looks, your not going to buy a toy car. then the rest comes into play. If i didnt love the styling, i wouldnt be buying one, id have a 997/991/TT GT350, if it didnt have the DCT, id have a 997/991/TT GT350
ADM - again, its not hard to make deals, and the 10k adm generalization is worse than the generalization you claimed i made. there is a poll here, you should look at it. there are posts here of known dealers to not be charging much if any ADM's. hell my dealer is selling their 2nd base ( that they bought from another dealer,) for 7k over, that includes the adm they paid to get it

the ADM argument is blown as largely out of true proportion, like the C8 vs GT500 debate. The internet is full of people that are more intellgent than the rest, everyone has an inside source. truth is no one listens or reads, they wait for a response so they can reply
bold

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so we agree, as of now. the only metric that the C8 beats the GT500 in, is weight and 0-60, and for a person to get an "equally " equipped C8, you would spend more than you would getting an optioned GT500, and be slower in the 1/4 and on roadcourses, and be as common as honda civics - not to mention i can take my entire family out in it, and the C8 you cant. Glad we can agree

bold
Nope. By my count we only agree on one thing.
0-60: Only one car has a 3rd party 0-60 time posted. That is 2020 Stingray Z51 at 2.8s. This is faster than even Ford claims for GT500. I think we are agreed on this.

Equally Equipped: At $59,995 the Stingray is already equipped on par with the $76,000 base GT500. There is a lot of room between 1LT and maxxed out 3LT, and that includes a lot of content that is not available for base GT500 at any price. HUD, PDR, body color or carbon fiber exterior trim, front end incline avoidance / raising system, Camera Mirror, glass or fiberglass top panel, carbon fiber engine bay trim. By the time you get a Stingray optioned up to the price of base GT500 with options, the Stingray has tech that is out of reach for the base GT500. But GT500 does have a painted stripe option, so there’s that.

1/4 Mile: Only one car has a 3rd party 1/4 mile time posted. That is the 2020 Stingray Z51 at 11.1s. Carl Widmann says that the GT500 can come in at under 11s. Until the car is tested and a 1/4 mile time posted, 2020 Stingray is on the leaderboard. GT500 is still out in the fairway somewhere. Pardon the golf reference. I would expect that Carl Widmann knows what he’s talking about, but until GT500 puts up a time, it is what it is.

Road Course: Only one car has posted a road course time. 2020 Stingray Z51 has posted 1:26.10 at Gratton. I would expect that GT500 should post a better time, but again, Stingray is on the leaderboard, GT500 has not yet stepped up to the green.

Well, maybe two things. GT500 has more seats.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
then you are looking at C8 Z06 in the $80k range. More than the GT500 base, less than the GT500 CFTP
Ain't happening...I talked to more than a few who have ordered and even the C8 with Z51 and a few upgrades are all well into the high 70's and even 80's.....you will not get a ZO6 for under $105-110K stripped.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Nope. By my count we only agree on one thing.
0-60: Only one car has a 3rd party 0-60 time posted. That is 2020 Stingray Z51 at 2.8s. This is faster than even Ford claims for GT500. I think we are agreed on this.

Equally Equipped: At $59,995 the Stingray is already equipped on par with the $76,000 base GT500. There is a lot of room between 1LT and maxxed out 3LT, and that includes a lot of content that is not available for base GT500 at any price. HUD, PDR, body color or carbon fiber exterior trim, front end incline avoidance / raising system, Camera Mirror, glass or fiberglass top panel, carbon fiber engine bay trim. By the time you get a Stingray optioned up to the price of base GT500 with options, the Stingray has tech that is out of reach for the base GT500. But GT500 does have a painted stripe option, so there’s that.

1/4 Mile: Only one car has a 3rd party 1/4 mile time posted. That is the 2020 Stingray Z51 At 11.1s. Carl Widmann says that the GT500 can come in at under 11s. Until the car is tested and a 1/4 mile time posted, 2020 Stingray is on the leaderboard. GT500 is still out in the fairway somewhere. Pardon the golf reference. I would expect that Carl Widmann knows what he’s talking about, but until GT500 puts up a time, it is what it is.

Road Course: Only one car has posted a road course time. 2020 Stingray Z51 has posted 1:26.10 at Gratton. I would expect that GT500 should post a better time, but again, Stingray is on the leaderboard, GT500 has not yet stepped up to the green.

Well, maybe two things. GT500 has more seats.
Both have run at Gratton, there is video. 1.21 for GT500 ( Billy J claims that was not even the fastest pass, and had a passenger), 1.26 for C8. this is not debatable
0-60, C8
BUT - 1/4 mile, either you take conjecture and paper racing claims for both, or you take them for neither. The only reviews of C8s are at $88k.
you can SAY it can be done with less options or equipment, but if you SAY that, then its just as true as Carl and Owens SAYING its going to go 10's "and it wont be 10.9" (direct quote from Owens) and just as true as billy J saying its even faster than that.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both have run at Gratton, there is video. 1.21 for GT500, 1.26 for C8. this is not debatable
0-60, C8
BUT - 1/4 mile, either you take conjecture and paper racing claims for both, or you take them for neither. The only reviews of C8s are at $88k.
you can SAY it can be done with less options or equipment, but if you SAY that, then its just as true as Carl and Owens SAYING its going to go 10's "and it wont be 10.9" (direct quote from Owens)
Knew you were gonna come back with that. Who timed the Gratton run? Guy with a stop watch?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Knew you were gonna come back with that. Who timed the Gratton run? Guy with a stop watch?
are you saying its impossible or innaccurate to measure time with video? I sort of have a good background in timed events.. more than a hobbyist.

answer carefully ;)

and updated the post with Billy J saying that wasnt even its fastest pass+had a passenger :)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both have run at Gratton, there is video. 1.21 for GT500, 1.26 for C8. this is not debatable
0-60, C8
you can SAY it can be done with less options or equipment, but if you SAY that, then its just as true as Carl and Owens SAYING its going to go 10's "and it wont be 10.9" (direct quote from Owens)
Is the $86K GT500 with painted on stripes faster or slower than the $76k GT500 without stripes? Same comparison with regard to a Stingray 1LT vs 3LT. Content difference is stuff that 3LT has that 1LT doesn’t. Tell me which ones make the 3LT go faster and I’ll agree with you:
  • Turn Signal indicator in mirror
  • Choice of 9 different interior trims and colors
  • Ability to order custom red stitching (that oughta be good for a tenth, right?)
  • Premium audio setup
  • GT2 seat instead of GT1 seat
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Cargo nets
  • Rear Camera Mirror
  • Ability to order the auto incline feature at additional cost
  • Interior motion sensor
  • Blind Zone Alert
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The other free flow options that the $88k car had were:
  • Interior carbon fiber trim
  • The aforementioned auto incline feature (not part of 3LT package, but you have to order 2LT or 3LT to be able to order it)
So, NOT ordering which of those things listed above will actually prevent the $67,000 Stingray 1LT Z51 from achieving 2.8s 0-60 and 11.1s 1/4 mile. If anyone wants to help V00D00 out with this one, please do, because I apparently am missing something critical here.
Sponsored