DMV Alignment Shop Recommendations

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm losing confidence in my mechanic to do alignments anymore. They claim they cannot get my rear camber below -2?

Anyone have recommendations on a good alignment shop that will align to your specs and not give you grief? Emphasis on lowered/modified cars would be preferred.
Thanks.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming you've pointed out to the mech where the adjustment bolts are? They are not obvious.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Gili's automotive in Rockville, MD has done 2 alignments at my specs without question: gilisautomotive.com. I'm currently at -2.6 front and -2.1 rear. They provide a printout with before and after caster/camber/toe specs when you pick up the car. I'll be headed back for a slightly more aggressive alignment eventually. I've also asked them do fluid changes in a pinch with my own fluids and they did not question that either; specifically a brake flush with motul 600 and a 75w140 diff fluid change.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Gili's automotive in Rockville, MD has done 2 alignments at my specs without question: gilisautomotive.com. I'm currently at -2.6 front and -2.1 rear. They provide a printout with before and after caster/camber/toe specs when you pick up the car. I'll be headed back for a slightly more aggressive alignment eventually. I've also asked them do fluid changes in a pinch with my own fluids and they did not question that either; specifically a brake flush with motul 600 and a 75w140 diff fluid change.
Thanks for that Mike! Those are good settings IMO. I might try to take it them, if for nothing else to confirm/deny what my shop is telling me. They're saying the driver rear camber won't go anymore positive and it's already at -2.1ish. They looked through the IRS to make sure there isn't a problem, but found nothing. I was trying to shoot for something like -2.3, -1.7 front/rear. Evidently my MM plates maxed out at -2 up front. I also have Steeda lateral link control arms which limits my static negative camber so that's probably why. But I was scratching my head when I saw the rear alignment printout and they could not go any further they said. Alignment woes, lol.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I know its a bit of a hike for you but Elite in Laurel did mine to BMR spec with ease after another Mustang shop in the area swore they couldn't dial in my toe and suggested I get toe links.

https://www.eliteimportz.com/

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I am currently trying to set up an appointment with Bill Wise at Burnt Mills in Silver Spring for this week to see if I can get more camber up front for a more aggressive street alignment and also do to a suspension check up. They charge a fraction of the price vs other sops so i figure I'll give them a shot

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks for the recommendations guys! I will circle back to this thread.

Right now I am thinking it isn't my alignment tech's fault. It's just out of the normal adjustment range and I suspect it has something to do with the camber arm bushing deteriorating/wearing. Everything in the IRS looks good but the driver side rear will not go below -2.1 degrees. That's the max positive point according to them.

Long story short I ordered BMR UCA762 adj. camber arms and WAK761 camber lockout kit. This should restore my factory setting point and give me a larger, more precise adjustment from there. I've gone too far with my suspension to have a sloppy alignment. -2 rear camber is just too much unless it's a track only toy. Straight line grip will suffer too much and that just won't do so I am remedying that hopefully.
Sponsored