D!*%head mustang guy

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
driving home on a curvy rural road yesterday afternoon in my Mustang. it's sunny but a little cool and the road is very curvy with a speed limit of 35 mph and it's a road that county sheriff deputies use to get to and from the Sheriffs office/jail. I see another S550 run a stop sign and hurry up and pull in behind me from a side road and then start tail gating me through the entire set of curves. I ignored him for the most part and he stayed right on my bumper. then in the first somewhat straight stretch he blows past me like he's teaching me a lesson. WTH? so if you are the guy with the gunmetal gray, satin single stripe with red trim 15-17 S550 in Oregon you didnt impress me in the least !!
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I get people who tailgate me a lot. I just let off the gas. They get tired of being behind me going really slow and will pass me.

They blow buy me and let me know where the cops are up ahead. :clap:

Last edited:

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I had a BMW 4 series try that crap on some backroads. I put a 30 yard gap between us that he could never close.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
driving home on a curvy rural road yesterday afternoon in my Mustang. it's sunny but a little cool and the road is very curvy with a speed limit of 35 mph and it's a road that county sheriff deputies use to get to and from the Sheriffs office/jail. I see another S550 run a stop sign and hurry up and pull in behind me from a side road and then start tail gating me through the entire set of curves. I ignored him for the most part and he stayed right on my bumper. then in the first somewhat straight stretch he blows past me like he's teaching me a lesson. WTH? so if you are the guy with the gunmetal gray, satin single stripe with red trim 15-17 S550 in Oregon you didnt impress me in the least !!
Happens all the time, part of ownership of a sports car.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Happens all the time, part of ownership of a sports car.
not to me it doesn't, I've owned multiple new Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers since 2008 and this is the first time. it's a Mustang not a Sports car..lol

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am sometimes aware of this situation and I'll enter the corner, dive down to the apex, near a guardrail, and exit throttle down. the driver in my rear view can't believe what they are seeing, and can't catch up as I accelerate out of sight. Track driving on the street. Works every time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It may have nothing to do with you or your Mustang. If you were driving 35 mph on a curvy road and I was behind you, I might have been irritated and I might have passed you at the first opportunity.

Not to show off, just to drive around the curves at a higher speed for my own enjoyment. My job doesn't depend on having a perfect driving record. Every few years I usually do end up with a ticket. Yes, ideally I would always obey the speed limit, but I don't.

Sorry that people like me annoy you, but hopefully you realize that people like you also annoy me. I'm not going to call you names for driving the speed limit, though. I realize you have your reasons.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
It may have nothing to do with you or your Mustang. If you were driving 35 mph on a curvy road and I was behind you, I might have been irritated and I might have passed you at the first opportunity.

Not to show off, just to drive around the curves at a higher speed for my own enjoyment. My job doesn't depend on having a perfect driving record. Every few years I usually do end up with a ticket. Yes, ideally I would always obey the speed limit, but I don't.

Sorry that people like me annoy you, but hopefully you realize that people like you also annoy me. I'm not going to call you names for driving the speed limit, though. I realize you have your reasons.

So you would tailgate him ?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So you would tailgate him ?
I might end up closer to him than he would prefer. I don't know how he defines tailgating. If there's no opportunity to pass, I typically give more room. However, if I'm on a road where almost everyone drives 45-50 mph and I come up behind someone driving 35, I might tailgate. I would feel that the person (regardless of the speed limit) is driving unreasonably slow. I would feel frustrated and it might take me a little time to back off, depending on the day.

I don't know about you, but it is very unusual for me to encounter someone that drives at or below the speed limit. When I do, they usually have a few cars tailgating them and stacked up. The person driving the speed limit is behaving unusually compared to most people. They aren't doing anything wrong, just abnormal.

The OP said that he often gets tailgated, so I expect that many "normal" behaving drivers are surprised by his speed being as slow as it is. Either that, or his definition of tailgating is different than many people's.
Sponsored